Royal Mail help - eBay related

Options
Item was sent exactly as per usual. Tracking not working so buyer is claiming INR. Given the incredibly rude and aggressive opening message, I can tell they're just chancing their arm but....

I phoned Royal Mail via the number given on their site. Can't get through to a human and for some reason the robot cannot understand RP English so it can't understand the tracking I have given it (It thinks ZERO is FIVE).

So I then tried the Textphone number and got an automated messaged before being cut off.

How do I speak to someone? I was relying on that money to get me to work today and now it's on hold.

Comments

• Hasbeen
    Hasbeen Posts: 4,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,199 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 December 2019 at 10:36AM
    Options
    Item was sent exactly as per usual. Tracking not working so buyer is claiming INR. Given the incredibly rude and aggressive opening message, I can tell they're just chancing their arm but....

I phoned Royal Mail via the number given on their site. Can't get through to a human and for some reason the robot cannot understand RP English so it can't understand the tracking I have given it (It thinks ZERO is FIVE).

So I then tried the Textphone number and got an automated messaged before being cut off.

How do I speak to someone? I was relying on that money to get me to work today and now it's on hold.

I've always managed OK on the phone, try them again but hold for an operator, don't go for the tracking option.

Call us
    03457 740 740. We're open Monday to Friday, 8am-6pm, Saturday 8am-1pm and Sunday 9am-2pm

EDIT: also what do you mean by tracking not working? Do you mean the RM site is down or that your item doesn't show as delivered? TM track and trace is working for me
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • ThinkingOfLinking
    Options
    I didn't know you could hold for an operator, as when I tried holding it just repeated the options to me. I'll see if that works.
  • soolin
    Options
    I didn't know you could hold for an operator, as when I tried holding it just repeated the options to me. I'll see if that works.

I just added a bit to my post above as RM tracking is working for me

"EDIT: also what do you mean by tracking not working? Do you mean the RM site is down or that your item doesn't show as delivered? TM track and trace is working for me"
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,595 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you double checked the tracking number you entered on Ebay - just thinking of all possibilities.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • ThinkingOfLinking
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    I just added a bit to my post above as RM tracking is working for me

"EDIT: also what do you mean by tracking not working? Do you mean the RM site is down or that your item doesn't show as delivered? TM track and trace is working for me"

I mean it's showing this message:

An update will only be provided when we attempt to deliver your item
  • ThinkingOfLinking
    Options
    Have you double checked the tracking number you entered on Ebay - just thinking of all possibilities.

I printed the postage via eBay so I didn't have to enter it.
  • soolin
    Options
    I mean it's showing this message:

An update will only be provided when we attempt to deliver your item

So a standard parcel then- and that message means it hasn't arrived as it only updates when delivered. How long ago was it sent as perhaps the Christmas rush has already started slowing things down.

However, if that doesn't update then you have no choice other than to refund before the case is escalated and claim back from RM.
  • ThinkingOfLinking
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    So a standard parcel then- and that message means it hasn't arrived as it only updates when delivered. How long ago was it sent as perhaps the Christmas rush has already started slowing things down.

However, if that doesn't update then you have no choice other than to refund before the case is escalated and claim back from RM.

It was handed in to the post office on 26th November.
  • soolin
    Options
    It was handed in to the post office on 26th November.

So it's about a week late assuming 2nd class. If possible and without irritating buyer, try and hold out until Monday evening as that gives it another few days to arrive.

Meanwhile do the usual non aggressive and very apologetic message, confirming the address where item was sent , the day it was sent and saying you have emailed RM to see if they can assist further with this item.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure