Almost crazy orders time - what do you do?

A few years ago I had some guy from Holland wanting to buy an item on 23rd December to get it for Xmas. Luckily he enquired first and I pointed out it was impossible.

Every year since I just close down all my listings (don't have a shop) at least a week before Xmas and re-list everything around 2nd/3rd Jan to avoid the idiots and have a peaceful Xmas. Luckily it's more of a hobby/small earner for me so a couple of weeks out doesn't bother me too much.

I was wondering how do others approach this, I appreciate for some people it's a full-on business so they may not have this option.

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,186 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    kangoora wrote: »
    A few years ago I had some guy from Holland wanting to buy an item on 23rd December to get it for Xmas. Luckily he enquired first and I pointed out it was impossible.

Every year since I just close down all my listings (don't have a shop) at least a week before Xmas and re-list everything around 2nd/3rd Jan to avoid the idiots and have a peaceful Xmas. Luckily it's more of a hobby/small earner for me so a couple of weeks out doesn't bother me too much.

I was wondering how do others approach this, I appreciate for some people it's a full-on business so they may not have this option.

In the past I have always closed down around the 18th give or take as like you I've had people buy as late as the 23rd even the 24th!) expecting item to be there for Christmas. I might do it differently this year though and out on a long dispatch time but stay open , I know buyers rarely seem to take notice of the estimated arrival time, but I might risk it.

I always opened Christmas Day onwards though and usually had a sale or two on Christmas Day.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure