reminder about addresses

I had a bit of a rush over the weekend with sales and am being slowed down with label printing by people using gift addresses and thought a bit of a reminder about addresses might be useful for newer sellers. I have never seen so many gift addresses being used before, perhaps buyers have finally got the hang of using different addresses within paypal.

The address and name that matters is the one that paypal give you - so in my case as an example I can see the sale in ebay as being bought by 'John Smith' but when I check my RM account there is no label waiting for John Smith- but there is one for Jenny Campbell. I therefore have to match the labels showing by using the sales record on ebay which will show the correct name and address, rather than relying on the name showing by the sale.

I'm sorry, that's probably as clear as mud (sorry) and is account specific to me as my ebay sale page shows the name of the ebay account holder along side the sale, but in the sales record the name and address where it needs to be sent which is picked up from paypal.

Basically though, as long as buyer specifies the gift address in paypal before they pay it doesn't matter whether or not the name of the person buying it matches the addressee.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure