Approved Foods thread

Comments

• UnderPressure
    UnderPressure Posts: 3,204 Forumite
    It may be worth reminding some of you that this time delivery slot thing is relatively new, for some reason you all seem to be taking it for granted, if you have something coming from parcelforce you dont get a time as with many other couriers, you would have to make arrangements then to be in or for it to be left with a neighbour etc................

Get a grip people what more do you want the courier to come to the minute that you request and then pop it all away for you :)

Not having a go but this comapny seem to be getting a bit of stick on both threads about timed deliveries which are all well and good but sometimes it will not work end of, as said the "major" couriers dont even offer it so why become so reliant on something like this to begine with?

You dont moan and whinge about the postman not giving you a time when he is going to be at your letterbox do you? You would not hold an ebayer responsible for a royal mail delivery just the same you cannot hold approved foods responsible because the courier did not come at the exact time you wanted them to, it is a silly thing for any courier company to offer in the first place really.

OK rant over give them a break or they will just start to use someone like parcelforce and then you will all have something to maon and grumble about ;)
    "You can measure a man's character by the choices he makes under pressure"
    Sir Winston Churchill
  • UnderPressure
    UnderPressure Posts: 3,204 Forumite
    Mothership wrote: »
    I bought a lot of stuff from them earlier in the year, 3 separate orders , on one of the orders, the delivery man told me that one of the boxes that had orange juice in it burst and it had been sent back, he moaned to me about the mess it had made of his van. I contacted them several times, was promised a refund from ANDREA several times, that never came. Seemingly the box was never returned to them, so what happened to it? there was a lot more than orange juice in it, things I had paid full price for, that couldn't have been damaged. A nice lucky for the delivery man or firm? Maybe, but I certainly didn't get it.
    I also paid extra for delivery, it wasn't a huge amount I lost £25-£30.

I would not recommend them.

Again I totally sympathise with you but damage in transit is not down to approved food it is the couriers problem, 25-30 is too much money to loose for nothing you should have kept on at them until you got your refund, it is down to approved food to claim from the courier not you.

Shoot them another email and let them know you are still waiting for your refund, from what I can see the customer service seems to be getting better slowly but surely, it is nice to see a rep posting on these forums as well.

Dont let it drop and why should you Im sure you will get your refund if you remind them...................
    SO far as the courier moaning you should have told him that they have obviously mis handled the box for it to break in the first place, these courier companies are worst that airline baggage staff for the way they throw things around.
    "You can measure a man's character by the choices he makes under pressure"
    Sir Winston Churchill
  • chalkysoil
    chalkysoil Posts: 1,662 Forumite
    I bought a lot of stuff from them earlier in the year, 3 separate orders , on one of the orders, the delivery man told me that one of the boxes that had orange juice in it burst and it had been sent back, he moaned to me about the mess it had made of his van. I contacted them several times, was promised a refund from ANDREA several times, that never came. Seemingly the box was never returned to them, so what happened to it? there was a lot more than orange juice in it, things I had paid full price for, that couldn't have been damaged. A nice lucky for the delivery man or firm? Maybe, but I certainly didn't get it.

towards the end of the other thread, Andrea said she'd left AF.
  • Approved_Food
    Approved_Food Posts: 215 Organisation Representative
    edited 29 July 2010 at 1:26PM

I don't know how this will have happened, Mothership, but it shouldn't have and you are entitled to a refund. If you contact Julian by phone or email and let him have your order number he will sort it for you. Sincere apologies.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Approved Food. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Kimitatsu
    Kimitatsu Posts: 3,894 Forumite
    i love approved food and have never had any problems with delivery before today.they seem to be using the courier "HOME" now.last time i ordered it was still 1hour delivery slots (which was fab!) but this was 3 hours, between 12 and 3pm apparantly.

it wasn't even very convenient but i waited in all afternoon and nothing turned up :(.i had to leave at 4pm and arrived home to the dreaded missed delivery card.now i have to reschedule delivery but as i'm going away tomorrow (admittedly this was unexpected when i placed my order over the weekend) i'm not quite sure how it's going to work.

it's such a shame because it's a cracking site and i've got many a bargain but lately so many people seem to be having delivery issues.

Have to say that this is a courier issue - honestly I had an M&S order delivered this week, it was a day late and looked like it had been dragged behind the back of the van!! It was only on getting M&S to chase it up that the courier admitted that they were running 24 hours behind - up until then the screen was showing as completed and delivered.

I put in an order about once a month with AF, I never ever ask for substitutes but their service is fab. If there are only a few bits that I want then I tend to go to the market stall (they get most of their stock from AF) but the soups are all great, we have stocked up on loads of beans and pulses for the winter and the boys have great lunchboxes. For me one of the best bits is the amount of gluten free stuff they do - please Dan can we have some more!!
    Free/impartial debt advice: Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS) | National Debtline | Find your local CAB
  • weavedribbon
    weavedribbon Posts: 134
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    It may be worth reminding some of you that this time delivery slot thing is relatively new, for some reason you all seem to be taking it for granted, if you have something coming from parcelforce you dont get a time as with many other couriers, you would have to make arrangements then to be in or for it to be left with a neighbour etc................

Get a grip people what more do you want the courier to come to the minute that you request and then pop it all away for you :)

Not having a go but this comapny seem to be getting a bit of stick on both threads about timed deliveries which are all well and good but sometimes it will not work end of, as said the "major" couriers dont even offer it so why become so reliant on something like this to begine with?

You dont moan and whinge about the postman not giving you a time when he is going to be at your letterbox do you? You would not hold an ebayer responsible for a royal mail delivery just the same you cannot hold approved foods responsible because the courier did not come at the exact time you wanted them to, it is a silly thing for any courier company to offer in the first place really.

OK rant over give them a break or they will just start to use someone like parcelforce and then you will all have something to maon and grumble about ;)

I agree to some extent.but i actually find it far more frustrating to be told a time and then not have it stuck to.i think that's ruder then just being given a day.and also if it's from parcelforce i can then go and get it from the local post office which is FAR easier.whereas with some of these couriers you have to go an industrial estate in the middle of nowhere.which i can say from experience can be very problematic when you have to rely on public transport.

i was not having a go at the company as such, in fact i praised the service and things i get from them but if people are unable to get the goods it's obviously a problem for the company and its consumers.and the company choose which courier service to use, hence why they've changed a few times when things haven't been going right before.so i actually applaud them as a company for making these changes :T.but do think they need to know if a new/different courier isn't working well for whatever reason.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite

its quite obvious you have never done a delivery for RM ;)
    many people do just that :p
  • stsarina
    stsarina Posts: 263 Forumite
    Had our first delivery from Approved Food this week, really pleased with them - one item out of stock (harissa style cous cous), but refund was sent straight after dispatch, everything else was correct and well packed. The garlic dough balls went down very well indeed, and chicken taco casserole for dinner tomorrow with the 2kg fajita sauce... yum yum!

Already planning another order to stock up our new walk-in dry store cupboard for the winter.
    Team Pink! Baby girl due 25/5/14
  • argamemnon
    argamemnon Posts: 409 Forumite
    I have a courier gripe my order with AF is showing as dispatched placed order tues afternoon before 3pm and i'm still waiting had a HDNL delivery today but not from AF and we are out tomorrow so hoping it won't come now until monday ( i know saturday delivery is normally a extra charge) just a faff when i've been waiting in...
  • ecsb
    ecsb Posts: 158 Forumite
    Still waiting for my (first) order to arrive which i placed on the 19th!!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback