Bulb Energy Reviews: Give your feedback on the energy supplier

Comments

• Cell wrote: »
    Four weeks after switching from EDF (or trying to) not a word from Bulb. Not even open on Saturday, which is amazing, and only about a half hour window in the working day that I can call next week due to my own work hours in the main.

Second switch from MSE and the second switch to be problematic.

My fault I guess for not looking into it in depth, but the whole point of switching services is simplicity, or so I thought.

I've sent an e-mail and can only pray that someone responds.
    A relative recently switched from EDF to Bulb using a referral link for the £50 credit and it went very smoothly with plenty of updates from Bulb.
    So is the problem the MSE involvement.
  • A relative recently switched from EDF to Bulb using a referral link for the £50 credit and it went very smoothly with plenty of updates from Bulb.
    So is the problem the MSE involvement.

Same here no problems at all.Switch went without a hitch got £75 paid in from a referral link.App easy to use would recommend BULB because of my experience
  • Cell wrote: »
    Second switch from MSE and the second switch to be problematic.

Did you receive the MSE email acknowledging your application and confirming your application was passed onto the supplier?
    If so, then that's the extent of the switching site involvement.

Any delay from then on will be the result of the supplier applied to.

We've not had any problems using the MSE CEC in the past. :)
  • Cell
    Cell Posts: 580 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    polysia wrote: »
    Did you receive the MSE email acknowledging your application and confirming your application was passed onto the supplier?
    If so, then that's the extent of the switching site involvement.

Any delay from then on will be the result of the supplier applied to.

We've not had any problems using the MSE CEC in the past. :)

Thanks to all for their replies.

I received acknowledgements straight away from MSE and they helped me a fair bit with the EDF switch in the end.

I switched one month and one day ago, and got the MSE e-mail. I thought I'd be patient, even if in theory I should have received something within two weeks or so. Came back from holiday yesterday and still nothing. So I was ready to have a chat but found out they work 9-6 weekdays and not at all on a Saturday let alone weekends.

I've submitted an enquiry form which has of course disappeared without even saying 'thanks for submitting'!

I'm pretty savvy at financial stuff, but this switching process isn't winning me over at the moment. The imperative is that EDF were going to royally roger me!

I use MSE because I've built up trust in their ethics and motives. But eventually I'm asking myself if it's worth the hassle.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    CEC is the same as other comparison sites its aim is to make money .
  • I have a question I would like to change my energy supply from utilita to bulb but I have one of there smart meters and on a pre payment meter. would I be able to change and would my meter still work or would they get changed by you .
  • Overall i am very happy with Bulb. I have been with them a year. They have put the price up slightly but also dropped it voluntarily when wholesale gas prices fell. I had the latest Smets2 smart meter fitted and have saved money by realising that things like my desktop computer, that I had wrongly assumed was low power, was about 120W and have saved about £45 per year by turning it off at night. The IHD (portable display unit) has been problematical and they have struggled to find the faults which are affecting thousands of customers. It basically locks up or loses data acquisition from time to time. This has no affect on my bills though which are accurate and I don't send in readings. It has been better lately. The Customer Service has been very sympathetic and helpful on this and at one point sent me a £10 credit for taking over a day to reply to my email. Slightly cheaper deals now available with other small companies but if you want a smart meter many of them can't supply them yet.
  • Hi. I switched away from Bulb in August 2019 and my final bill was produced on 28 August 2019. My account was in credit by over £85. The bill stated that I would be refunded by direct debit within 2 weeks. However, it has now been over 7 weeks and I have not received any money. I have tried to contact bulb on numerous times via email and phone but I am not getting an answer. I have also been made aware that I am eligible for compensation from Bulb (minimum £30) as they have not refunded the credit within 2 weeks of the final bill.

I have a bad feeling something is not right at Bulb and perhaps this company may be going under. Beware.
  • Cell
    Cell Posts: 580 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Cell wrote: »
    Thanks to all for their replies.

I received acknowledgements straight away from MSE and they helped me a fair bit with the EDF switch in the end.

I switched one month and one day ago, and got the MSE e-mail. I thought I'd be patient, even if in theory I should have received something within two weeks or so. Came back from holiday yesterday and still nothing. So I was ready to have a chat but found out they work 9-6 weekdays and not at all on a Saturday let alone weekends.

I've submitted an enquiry form which has of course disappeared without even saying 'thanks for submitting'!

I'm pretty savvy at financial stuff, but this switching process isn't winning me over at the moment. The imperative is that EDF were going to royally roger me!

I use MSE because I've built up trust in their ethics and motives. But eventually I'm asking myself if it's worth the hassle.

A long post explaining what happened has been accidentally lost.

In short my Gas Register Number doesn't match postcode wise and as such the switch couldn't go ahead. All should be sorted soon. 21 years I've lived here!

Really can't be bothered to re-type hundreds of words, but it just goes to show that the strangest things can happen.
  • GunJack
    GunJack Posts: 11,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    6 months in with Bulb, and so far so good apart from a couple of niggles in getting correct (for them) DD and meter reading dates sorted. Just been on the phone to them, call answered in approx. 6 mins so not too shabby. Query dealt with no bother (credit refund), so happy overall with the service...long may it continue :)
    ......Gettin' There, Wherever There is......

I have a dodgy "i" key, so ignore spelling errors due to "i" issues, ...I blame Apple :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback