*The Holly and the Ivy* and the You Know What 2013 Chatter Thread.

Comments

• Nanamia
    Nanamia Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Junior_J your youngest DGodDs presents sound super cute :) Hope you've managed to browse online today and hopefully if you get the pain under control you'll be able to have a trip out tomorrow (well out of the bed would be a start wouldn't it, bless you) xxx

Debndot oh really need a trip to Dunelm now! Think it was prim@rk last year I got the snuggle blankets for the Christmas Eve hamper from, did ask DD to put it away with the decorations so might not need one for hers, but you can never have too many Christmas blankets :) Your magazine looks so tempting but I'm resisting (at the mo!) xxx

Poppygirl aww this really is the nicest, kindest, thoughtful thread :) and our Princess is an example to us all. What a lovely thing to do xxx

Gettingtherequickly Oooh I'm delighted you've been able to rebook your trip. Also obviously over the moon that your darling family are all safe :) The littlies will be so excited when they hear, specially when they see the thoughtful treats you've planned :) And a wedding, how wonderful. You will have to try and get pictures, I just love to see the way other cultures do things xxx

Freespirit aaaargggh Wednesday next week? Over a week? Oh my word that's poor service isn't it. You may have to live on take aways, or paper plates? Never mind the laundry! :( Im glad DS has another interview fingers crossed for him but secretly I'm hoping he won't start till say maybe Thursday ! Those blooming ambulance chasers drive me potty!!! Hope it didn't shake DD2 also secretly hoping it scared the sh@t out of ex (haha) I will leave my mithering about the drs till next week, although I am still on a mission to sort your pain and migraines out- you have enough to deal with!
    I'm sticking with my lurking on the flylady thread, only doing the 15 min task and I'm not beating myself up trying to do anymore. Slowly does it! I won't be spending the weekend trying to complete the lists. Just thought if I did my usual pottering and added one of theirs I may see an improvement :) Having the living room walls and ceiling plastered next week so not much point in doing much. Got to strip the walls tomorrow in preperation.....

Snugglebunny that's brill about CS recommendation :) well done you. I always try to do that myself if somebody has given excellent service, because I'm blooming quick enough to complain if they've not! I think it's only fair :) Ouch Ouch Ouch re your finger. What are you like, poor thing. Take more care :) xxx

Stephyt ouch to you too, I know from experience there is nothing worse than back pain :( Hope it's under control tomorrow. Are you doing teacher training? I am the noisiest member of the thread, you'll soon get used to my interrogations. (I hope ) xxx

whitesatin lucky bags, ooh a blast from the past indeed. I'm exactly the same with our DGDs, love to see their little faces :) Have real trouble saving things with them xxx

Feisty wowzer, the new shop is amazing. I can now totally understand why you couldn't resist :) Your makes will go perfectly too. Well done, I think if we all lived local, and you kept us supplied with coffee and cakes we'd all take turns in the fun. Can't wait to see it grow from strength to strength :) xxx

Marco1dog thank you, need to add prim@rk to my list now. Did you notice any home Christmas bits in yet? X

Peppapig hahaha I know I'm so vulgar! But it's a big deal haha. I've been wearing huge enormous cotton knickers the comfy sort, moved on to pretty lacey knickers -large and now prettier lacier knickers in a MEDIUM tempted to wear them over my jeans ha. Was very very tempted to wear my size 12 dress inside out so everybody could see the label. Thankfully up to now I've resisted but it's been a struggle xxx
    The secret of Christmas
    It's not the things you do at Christmastime
    But the Christmas things you do
    All year through

• Ooh someone was asking about B00ts. I have the sept/oct magazine and it says the in store and online gift guide are available from 2nd October. There are also a few pages of Christmas gifts in the current mag.
  • Morning all, lovely autumn morning, hoping it stays dry. I am going to the theatre this evening, birthday present, really looking forward to it, been waiting for 6 mths, except for one quite important factor, it is at the Globe, therefore outdoors :eek: Going to see Midsummer Night's Dream, studied it at school a million years ago so it will bring back memories.

Well, have bought myself a pair of snudals for the wedding, did get a strange look when I was telling someone, was supposed to say nude sandals but it came out as snudals:rotfl:Wonder if I can get the word into the OED?:D

FreeS, what a pain having to wait that long for drain to be sorted, hopefully this will mean that for this negative, the positive will be DS getting job.

Junior_J, nice to see you on this thread, used to catch up with you on the Arms.

Snuggle, agree wholeheartedly about praise, I have praised them before because I am sure it is quite rare and should be given.

Feisty, good luck with shop, you deserve it.

Hugs for everyone else, not intentionally ignoring you :D
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • Own_My_Own
    Own_My_Own Posts: 6,098 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    No money went into today. So I phoned them. Was told I hadn't told them. :mad:
    I spent an entire morning on the phone telling everyone. :mad:
    Asked when I had last contacted them and she said the end of July.
    Maybe that's when I told them :mad:

So it is being done now, only it can 2 weeks, and I may have no money going in my bank until late September. :eek: :mad: :eek:

I will obviously have my wages but they don't cover everything. No Christmas shopping for me then.
    But at least the freezer will be empty ready to defrost. :o
  • Gettingthequickly hope you have an amazing time and the weather stays dry, what a fab birthday present...sounds right up my street, i'm looking forward to hearing all about it, i'm sure it will be fabulous.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes for DS, he had a wonderful time and very much enjoyed his whole day.

So now back to normality...finally...

Off to the garden centre on friday for lunch with a dear friend, going to see what Christmassy things they have in stock, they put their decs up mid september usually so i'm hoping they will have some bits out so i can get a few items to put away.

I'm also debating going up town later, i have some clothes to return that sadly didn't fit my daughter...might actually get round the charity shops and bargain stores then?! i'm waiting to see if it rains though as it's pretty murky at the moment.

Hope everyone is ok today? take care all x
    Don't tell me this nothing...this is my nothing
  • Fevertotell - that sounds lovely! just my sort of day out!

OMO I remember you mentioning about the girl on the bike and it made me go cold, how horrible for you! glad she was ok but must have been horrible for you sitting there wondering what you would find xx

Freespirit the Christmas Pudding Yankee is so lovely I cant stop sniffing it! :grin: thanks again for the tip x

Im the same re excellent service, I do always try to mention it to somebody or drop an email about it - we have comment cards they can fill out on CS desk but the fact he went out of his way to go there and do that really touched me, was so sweet of him, but then - he was a lovely man anyway! :grin:

Nanamia - I know, Im soooo careful with the slicers, lost concentration for one second and paid the price! funny Im not at all squeemish with anyone else and am always the one who is calm and just deals with it ... but when it was MY finger was a whole different story! was shaky and tearful, felt such a fool! am back in today and sort of hoping I dont get asked about it, as every time I think about it I feel a bit sick! it looks like tis all healing up ok anyway, am taking pain killers every 4 hours so not sure how much it would hurt!! :grin: xxx

May pick up some more Winter Wonderland bars today and some of the Freddo Christmas thingies for the advent boxes as they are little - remember last Chrismtas the little Smartie penguins sold out so will get them early along with the Milky Bar Reindeer :grin: I will try and find the Cadbury WW bars online and take a screenshot so you can see what they are, they look really Christmassy!

I had an idea of maybe buying the Winter Wonderland song on DVD single and Yankee Winter Wonderland votive or tealights and a bar of Winter Wonderland chocolate and making up little WW gift bag of them? the Yankee WW is my favourite Christmas candle, if you havent tried it, it smells just like snowy cold Christmas walks, the pine is quite subtle so it doesnt smell like loo cleaner!
  • Thank you to those of you who gave me tips on the photo, I tried adding the bits you said to the end but it didn't work, I'll try again in another post. Apologies to everyone in advace for my test posts. Thanks Fiesty that's my baby!

SnuggleBunny I love the thought of a winter wonderland gift!!!

Fiesty - ah that's good that you can 'practice' in the unit. The shop all sounds so exciting, love real fires and think it could be a great point of interest for your shop. I actually meant to respond to you on FB when you asked about craft classes. They have just started up in my village and are very popular (I've not been though) and if you have your right target market then they could be great. I'd love to learn a craft sitting by your fire!! I work in marketing so anything I can do to help you, just give me a shout x
  • PoppyGirl wrote: »
    Thank you to those of you who gave me tips on the photo, I tried adding the bits you said to the end but it didn't work, I'll try again in another post. Apologies to everyone in advace for my test posts. Thanks Fiesty that's my baby!

SnuggleBunny I love the thought of a winter wonderland gift!!!

Fiesty - ah that's good that you can 'practice' in the unit. The shop all sounds so exciting, love real fires and think it could be a great point of interest for your shop. I actually meant to respond to you on FB when you asked about craft classes. They have just started up in my village and are very popular (I've not been though) and if you have your right target market then they could be great. I'd love to learn a craft sitting by your fire!! I work in marketing so anything I can do to help you, just give me a shout x

What are you using to post ? A laptop or tablet ?
  • A laptop OMO - followed guidelines and tried a few different codes and combinatiions and nothing!!!
  • morning people, been a bit busy with children to come on here probably boo...

Anyway i've started to notice lots of xmassy bits appearing in the shops Yay! Also noticed walking passed clintons card shop they are having weekly yankee candle offers this week its 25% off the cinnamon stick and something ones. not had chance to pop in and have a good look yet will soon. Also found our local beales has a huge yankee candle section with all the love lil shades and holders.. it could work out a lil expensive now i've found then LOl

This afternoons plans is to sit and knit, watch movies with dd4 when i've collected her from nursery, whilst spiced apple candles are burning and stuffed roast pork is cooking. Rather looking forward to it lol
    Totally debt free wohooo 2014
    Christmas 2014
    Presents bought **** rrp **** Saved ****
    *SAVE*SAVE*SAVE*
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business