NewLook Label in a Fatface T-Shirt

Options
My Partner washed a new t-shirt from Fatface at the weekend and found a Newlook label stitched in alongside the Fatface one.

I called Fatface today and described this and before I could say or ask anything else was told a superviser would call me.

They have said that they will refund the t-shirt and send us a free replacement which is nice but they are totally insistant that I post the original t-shirt to them asap before they will discuss the matter futher or supply a refund.

This rung alarm bells and got me thinking, am I giving up any rights or proof by doing this?

Its obvious from this that Fatface source clothes from the same sweat shops as Newlook which is very disapointing and means i'm likely not to shop from them again.

Makes me think as well that I should be shopping them to the groups which are rightly trying to stop this horrible practice. Esp as at least newlook would have charged a fiver instead of twenty quid for the same t-shirt.......

Comments

• girltuesday_2
    Options
    It's very common for factories and workshops to make items for more than one company. Not just in terms of clothing, but also food and drink, electronics, etc. This is not an indication of a 'dodgy' factory or a 'sweatshop'.
  • sarahg1969
    sarahg1969 Posts: 6,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I imagine a Fat Face tshirt is rather more expensive than a New Look one, too?

Hmm - just read the last line of the OP! You may as well shop in New Look in future.
  • williham
    williham Posts: 1,223 Forumite
    Options
    Marks and spencer use some of the same factories as Primark.. It doesn't mean they're of equal quality or that they're sweatshops.
  • vlad_the_impaler
    Options
    williham wrote: »
    Marks and spencer use some of the same factories as Primark.. It doesn't mean they're of equal quality or that they're sweatshops.

It is quite a good indicator though....:rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport