Comments

• dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    This is classic!

A good summary from silvercar on the other thread:
    silvercar wrote: »
    Let me get this right.

You hired a self catering property with a view to holding a small wedding on the premises.

The agent didn't inform the owner that the wedding was due to take place during your hire period.

The owner objected, so you cancelled.

The agent then spoke to the owner, who had a change of heart and will now happily proceed with the booking.

In the mean time, you have booked something else and wish to cancel.

Though what has happened since then, I have no idea!

bambammy, you do seem to have a problem with articulating yourself well. Might it be an idea for someone else to take over your complaint, as I fear communication is a big part of the continuing issue?
    Gone ... or have I?
  • bambammy
    bambammy Posts: 393 Forumite
    Options
    Oh wait just one minute... I just gonna ring my OH and tell him he to can have the same privilage as did booking agent. Tell the customer what they want to hear...take the money and run......don't fulfil obligations and keep a third of their cash

I can see a new job on the horizon :confused:
    bam bam bammy Shore by The Revellers...do do de de do.
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    bambammy wrote: »
    Oh wait just one minute... I just gonna ring my OH and tell him he to can have the same privilage as did booking agent. Tell the customer what they want to hear...take the money and run......don't fulfil obligations and keep a third of their cash

I can see a new job on the horizon :confused:

I'm sorry bambammy, that makes no sense at all.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • Tozer
    Tozer Posts: 3,518 Forumite
    Options
    This is a very odd thread...
  • bambammy
    Options
    Hiya DMG, sorry, that's my frustrations coming out.

I wish it had bee as simple as what silvercar stated, then this would all be a distant memory.

Hello,
    Received a reply from MRS.Agent who says the holiday was cancelled because you tried to exceed the number of people permitted to stay. They say this was a breach of contract by you. They say that the payment offered was a goodwill gesture which they didn’t need to offer. She supplied a letter stating that your cashing of the cheque would conclude the matter.[/font]

I am going to have to let this one go, and put it down to experience?
  • Mark_Hewitt
    Mark_Hewitt Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    Options
    I have no clue?
  • bambammy
    Options
    erh tozer, It's all about having the energy to facing emotions and having the strength to deal with it.

It's an ongoing matter, and 'm asking about advice regarding me voicing my experience with Booking agent, and what, if any, legal, slander problems or issues I may face discussing our experience on forums. I don't have much faith in trusting the system, and would like to cover my back!

Then the paying consumer can form their own opinions, and learn if anything........don't just rely on the telephone conversation..

Even though there's laws that's suppose to protect consumers with telephone sales. IMHO It's pretty much useless! The consumers take on the matter will count for nothing.

So, because the business said so, this makes it true ?

Tozer wrote: »
    This is a very odd thread...
  • Crazy_Jamie
    Crazy_Jamie Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You will have no problem with defamation of character if what you're saying is actually true.
    bambammy, you do seem to have a problem with articulating yourself well. Might it be an idea for someone else to take over your complaint, as I fear communication is a big part of the continuing issue?
    Either this or English is not your first language. But either way, there are serious communications problems in this thread. Simply put, people can't understand what you're getting at. I agree with dmg24 that this could well be causing some issues in dealing with the problem itself.
    "MIND IF I USE YOUR PHONE? IF WORD GETS OUT THAT
    I'M MISSING FIVE HUNDRED GIRLS WILL KILL THEMSELVES."
  • bambammy
    Options
    You will have no problem with defamation of character if what you're saying is actually true.

Either this or English is not your first language..

:D narcolepgish is my first language
    Unfortunately, with my medical disorder I've slept for almost 22yrs of my life. Attendance at school was probably about 20/30% a year. I've lost out of a lot in life, including my education.
    My frustrations probably make it worse.
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    From the sound of it, you were told in the letter accompanying the £650 cheque that if you cashed the cheque you have effectively agreed that the matter is closed. You did cash the cheque and therefore I don't think it is worth you chasing the rest of the money.

You now wish to air your grievance in public, but you wish for advice on how to do that without potentially having the company take legal action against you? Again, you cashed the cheque. So personally I think you should let it go now, and put it down to experience. Sorry.

I would think though that the castle will have taken your complaint on board and will take care not to get themselves in a similar position in the future as it has caused them so much hassle, and brought them to the attention of Trading Standards? So in that respect, I think you have gone a long way towards your aim of not letting it happen again to some other punter.

Hope this helps.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure