Royal mail item lost my item sent

Comments

• hubb
    hubb Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Dasa wrote: »
    Did you upload the number to ebay when you sent it?

No, but I have sent the buyer a tracking number so she can look it up herself as proof. She still says it wasn't delivered and has opened a dispute with me.
  • moonpenny
    moonpenny Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    You should have put the number into ebay as soon as it was posted. I would do it straight away to cover yourself if it isn't too late
  • hubb
    moonpenny wrote: »
    You should have put the number into ebay as soon as it was posted. I would do it straight away to cover yourself if it isn't too late

I think I can see the error. The person behind the desk has keyed in number 3 instead of 33 next to the "Building name or number" on the receipt. I have asked to check with that address just incase,
  • Dasa
    Dasa Posts: 702 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Its a requirement that the number is entered into ebay when it is sent and not after the estimated delivery time. It would seem that ebay will side with the buyer here. But plead ignorance and give ebay the number with proof of delivery. For such a small amount they might just refund the buyer themselves you never know.
  • Dasa
    hubb wrote: »
    I think I can see the error. The person behind the desk has keyed in number 3 instead of 33 next to the "Building name or number" on the receipt. I have asked to check with that address just incase,

How does that affect the delivery?. The address is on the parcel. ebay will refund the buyer as your proof of postage and delivery shows the wrong address. You should of checked your receipt.
  • Dasa wrote: »
    How does that affect the delivery?. The address is on the parcel. ebay will refund the buyer as your proof of postage and delivery shows the wrong address. You should of checked your receipt.

eBay aren't going to see the receipt and the online track and trace just shows the delivery office with time and date.

OP add the tracking ref to both the order and the non-receipt case.

Your choice is to refund or let eBay decide.

As the others have said they do want you to upload the ref before the ETA but if you call them they may close in your favour.

If they close in the buyers favour you will get a seller unresolved mark on your account but as you now know to upload the tracking ref before the ETA you shouldn't have this problem again and the defect is not the end of the world in my view (assuming you haven't had any other cases decided against you).

The other thing eBay may do is cover the cost themselves.
  • Dasa
    eBay aren't going to see the receipt and the online track and trace just shows the delivery office with time and date.

OP add the tracking ref to both the order and the non-receipt case.

Your choice is to refund or let eBay decide.

As the others have said they do want you to upload the ref before the ETA but if you call them they may close in your favour.

If they close in the buyers favour you will get a seller unresolved mark on your account but as you now know to upload the tracking ref before the ETA you shouldn't have this problem again and the defect is not the end of the world in my view (assuming you haven't had any other cases decided against you).

The other thing eBay may do is cover the cost themselves.

The Buyer has been asked to check at no 3 so the buyer will probably tell ebay it has been sent to the wrong address. I know I would.
  • hubb
    Dasa wrote: »
    The Buyer has been asked to check at no 3 so the buyer will probably tell ebay it has been sent to the wrong address. I know I would.

Yes but there is no proof that the wrong label has been put on the parcel, it could be a typo error by the operative behind the counter.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,816 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 October 2019 at 10:37PM
    hubb wrote: »
    Yes but there is no proof that the wrong label has been put on the parcel, it could be a typo error by the operative behind the counter.
    The only proof you have is that you sent it to the wrong address, any Paypal / Ebay case is lost. Luckily this not a very expensive lesson.
  • hubb
    Well it has to be in my favour as the tracked parcel shows delivered for the correct postcode. Should I just resolve the open dispute and refund the buyer as they seem to be getting no answer from the neighbour who possibly may have had it delivered ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure