Want to join our "Fab Forumite Feature Testing Group"?

Options

Comments

• NaughtiusMaximus
    Options
    I'll give it a go :)
  • george4064
    george4064 Posts: 2,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Great initiative.

Submitted my survey response.
    "If you aren’t willing to own a stock for ten years, don’t even think about owning it for ten minutes” Warren Buffett

Save £12k in 2021 - #027 £15,268 (76%)
  • Spoonie_Turtle
    Options
    I responded in the survey that I use the green skin but I have used the blue when I first came here! I wish the question had allowed for some kind of 'both' answer because at the moment I've still spent longer on the blue than the green.
  • The_frugal_fairy
    Options
    Yes please
  • elsiepac
    elsiepac Posts: 2,561 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 18 October 2019 at 5:05PM
    Options
    Would love to help out! Whilst I'm loyal to the forums, they really could do with an update and becoming more usable! Another one here who uses both skins so couldn't answer the survey 100% honestly - the blue is more readable day to day but the green is needed for certain features around thread manipulation!!

Things I'd love to see:
      Ability to use tables/table tags
      A far larger editing pane in the Advanced screen (fine to have a small one within the thread for quick responses)
      Better editing options, even if only for Board Guides - the system is so clunky for what should be quick tasks, much better to have some kind of GUI interface rather than all the tags;whilst I'm fine with them, some older generation or less tech savvy people do occasionally struggle with them, so either an editor that allows visual formatting (think Notepad++ style) or that at least makes tags bold to help them stand out, or as complete GUI interface with option to revert to tags in an advanced screen
      A better way to include pictures, whether it's hosting an image server or what, I don't know, but it's a pain right now and very outdated when you see how easy it is on other, newer, social media
      Emojis/text colour boxes - on some screens/platforms the menu for them disappears up to the top of the screen for some reason which is annoying at best... also veeeeeery dated looking! (but they are quite unique so that's nice!)

That's off the top of my head, I'm sure there's more I've thought of and didn't keep a note of!

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Old Style, Crafting and Techie Stuff boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    GC: May 22 £tbc/£250 Vegan 27-8-13
  • Former_MSE_Tine
    Options
    Thanks everyone! We've decided to leave the option to join open till this Sunday evening and then we'll go through everything first thing next week :)
    Please make sure if you haven't signed up using the form that you do so before Sunday! :money:

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter,
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
  • Podzilla
    Podzilla Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Me me me me!
  • Spoonie_Turtle
    Options
    I've just realised I put the wrong username in my survey response :doh::doh::doh: thanks brainfog. I don't know if a MusicalTurtle already exists on this forum ... :o
  • Former_MSE_Tine
    Options
    I've just realised I put the wrong username in my survey response :doh::doh::doh: thanks brainfog. I don't know if a MusicalTurtle already exists on this forum ... :o

Oh dear hahahaha
    Don’t worry I’ll keep and eye out and get the techies to correct yours :)

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter,
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
  • Spoonie_Turtle
    Options
    MSE_Tine wrote: »
    Oh dear hahahaha
    Don’t worry I’ll keep and eye out and get the techies to correct yours :)

Phew, thank you! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport