Nationwide? No!

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    hoc wrote: »
    There is a problem with certain frequent posters quickly putting in dismissive replies e.g. "don't like it, change bank", "call customer service" getting their cult giving "thanks" points and discouraging debate. It's not unique to this forum, it's unfortunately the way most forums go, much of Reddit has become like this. It's all about points/karma and largely tied to first to respond.
    I so agree with you hoc! I always thank them, especially when they're going for my jugular. It's like when a cyclist overtakes me and I slow down to pamper their ego and make them feel they're going even faster.
  • scgf wrote: »
    I just wish I could block certain people on here so I don't see their comments and they don't see mine.

You can.
    But remember, WWJD!?
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 17 October 2019 at 1:45PM
    What does "WWJD" mean please? (it is probably obvious, but I cannot work it out.)

Edit: Just googled it and it apparently means "What would Jesus do?". Google is my friend...
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • What does "WWJD" mean please? (it is probably obvious, but I cannot work it out.)

Edit: Just googled it and it apparently means "What would Jesus do?". Google is my friend...

Old post made a while back by a poster in this thread about how serial switching is “wrong” and “unethical”.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,828 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    scgf wrote: »
    I just wish I could block certain people on here so I don't see their comments and they don't see mine.
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist allows you not to see posts from those you choose to ignore, but doesn't stop them from seeing what you post, unless they correspondingly decide to put you on their ignore list....
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    !!! wrote: »
    Old post made a while back by a poster in this thread about how serial switching is “wrong” and “unethical”.

But not original, leastways I don't think that MSE was around in the 1940s when the expression raised eyebrows when uttered in a cinema film...:)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 17 October 2019 at 3:42PM
    eskbanker wrote: »
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist allows you not to see posts from those you choose to ignore, but doesn't stop them from seeing what you post, unless they correspondingly decide to put you on their ignore list....
    Thank you. It's no good though if it doesn't work both ways like on FaceBook or some other forums.
  • dggar
    dggar Posts: 670 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    scgf wrote: »
    Thank you. It's no good though if it doesn't work both ways like on FaceBook or some other forums.

That idea is in the realms of cutting off your nose to spite your face.
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,095 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    !!! wrote: »

Which would be fine if someone could tell me what ethics actually has to do with it?
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • pavane
    pavane Posts: 155 Forumite
    This thread is missing jonesMUFCforever
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills