I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    We didn't eat at the pub in the end. We had a chippy and took it back to my friends as the pub was full. But that was a good move, as we both want to save money this year. I talked to her about Menu Plans and how to cook a chicken etc . Everything she cooks is ready made, or frozen food with bread crumbs etc
    So we are going to mentor each other to eat better and to stop buying tonight's dinner on the way home from work.

So home now, something with the iplayer on TV as Dgd has the hdmi cable from the sky box as she left hers in her bedroom down there.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    But more peace of mind I hope Mooloo :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • You've made great inroads all round Mooloo - keep up the good work:T
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 4 January 2019 at 11:19PM
    Huge well done on the juggling, Mooloo!

You've saved yourself a lot of money by doing that.
  • Savvy_sewing
    DS hascmessaged me asking to babysit next week end for his birthday. Apparently he worked all through Christmas and didn't even get to see the boys much. Apparently the GF took them to her Mums. (Excuse me but before I left didn't she tell me that she wasn't talking to her family anymore?)
    Anyway, I can babysit but don't dare ask for money.
    I am late to bed tonight because I was watching the ABC murders and as I was on iplayer it went from one episode to the next so I lost track of time. I also had it on pause a lot while dealing with multiple text messages now I am home.
    Just gone midnight, I think the latest night I have had since mid December!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Morning. Seems strange having the room to my self last night. Didn't stop the nightmares or the brain whirl.
    Dgd and I are going to the cinema to watch Mary Poppins Returns at lunchtime.
    My friend has checked in this morning and we're supporting each other by recording what each of us are planning to do today.
    I have one washing load on, two wet loads waiting for hanging space.
    I am going to make a beef casserole for tea tonight. Not sure if I will be using the pressure cooker or the thermal cooking bag. I will see when I get to it.
    I need to get the laptop out and update the kids spreadsheet
  • Savvy_sewing
    Spreadsheet was updated.
    Trip to cinema became eventful as Dgd lost her purse and didn't notice until we were about 10 minutes down the road. So back we had to go. Luckily for her it was found by the cleaning team. So we have been out all afternoon. Fuel light came on so had to put petrol in the car. Didn't want to trust to luck twice in one day.
    Two different dinners in the oven. Beef casserole and jacket potato for me.
    Lasagna for Dgd. That will be reheated tomorrow then.
    I may still put a chicken in to roast while I am at it. Then it can be used up during the week. Might as well use the oven while it is hot come to think of it.
    Just realised that on iplayer you can watch bbc live, but not on itv unless I am missing something!
  • You can on itv, if you go into individual channels and then watch live x or you could last time I did it.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I've just been catching up since Thursday . I'm amazed how much you've managed to achieve since then . You'd outdo the Duracell bunny! You've had the thinking head back on and it sounds as though you have a clear plan both for debt and day to day budgeting .

Do you still display the thermal cooking bag in the shop? As we're still in Winter and with many struggling with fuel costs and other costs re bills and food it may be worth highlighting it if you don't already do so .

Onwards Mooloo you're doing brilliantly .

polly x
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • Savvy_sewing
    I will have to make a new one as I don't have a spare one and mine is definitely too old to display.
    I might be able to make one at the beginning of the week as I expect work will be slow.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure