Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 13 October 2018 at 6:36PM
    The having deposited the cheque = with the princely sum of £38.92 in interest for a years saving, why do I bother ...
    We then went to Greggs to get our free bottles of Lucozade - OH now has the dire pumpkin latte as a reward on his app but refuses to redeem it - I don't think I would even give it to a homeless person, its so gross :)

Then we got the Harringtons dry cat food from Mr T which is half prices on shopimmums. This store sells all 4 of the flavours and its on offer for £4 each. I had one of those groupon offers a while back - get a £10 Mr T e voucher for £5 so I used that as part payment. So £16 in total - £6 money and £5 for the voucher total £11 and of that shopimmums will give me £8 cashback.
    So 8 kg of good quality cat food for a final total of £3 :T

The only issue it that Harringtons have quite thin paper sacks which any of our cats could scratch their way through. It under the stairs for now but I think I need to seal them in a bags-for-life otherwise there will be under the stairs scoffing :rotfl:
    This stuff really smells strong so if the cats get wind of it there will be no stopping them!

The emmi is off the COS list today :(

Yes I have Mr T mags but I have no confidence of there being any baked crisps being in stock in any store in the entire country when he MOCs go live.

Next was the big Marks on the hill which still has masses of sale stuff - mainly trousers though and rails of fashion for larger ladies. I did find a nice white cardigan for £2.49 which even OH said was a good buy.
    And a digital skipping rope for £1.89 which will be an amusing Christmas gift for eldest child :)
    I used credit vouchers - I've got one expiring in November I need to whittle downwards.
    Also I took back a sheet I ordered for a credit note - very weird mottled material that looked like it would never iron flat.
    OH was quite happy with the long queue - he found the fizz and biscuit sampling lady in the food hall :)

Then we went to Wyevale to spend my £5 voucher they sent last night - there is very little in the under £10 range in that place. Mainly it was a choice between an African violet plant for £4.50 or some dubious over priced tasteless chocolates, some of which I recognized from Home Bargains.
    So I settled on a Crazy Cat lady mug for £6 so I only had £1 to pay.
    On the plus side the butchers counter were sampling some very delicious sausages every time we passed it :T

Then it was Ssainsburys for GJ items - activia yogurt and napolina sauce and blue diamond nuts for COS.

Finishing off with a late trip into town for a visit to Neros for hot chocolate and cake - the walnut and banana loaf is very nice and with the 00002 offer £2 for two slices is quite acceptable. OH blobs it with cream from his hot chocolate

Then it was Superdrug and home
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    Forgetful wrote: »
    tweets ... have u managed to get any t mags?

Yes they had loads in my store 2 pallet fulls thanks :)
  • tweets
    Forumite
    mhoc wrote: »
    The having deposited the cheque = with the princely sum of £38.92 in interest for a years saving, why do I bother ...
    We then went to Greggs to get our free bottles of Lucozade - OH now has the dire pumpkin latte as a reward on his app but refuses to redeem it - I don't think I would even give it to a homeless person, its so gross :)

Then we got the Harringtons dry cat food from Mr T which is half prices on shopimmums. This store sells all 4 of the flavours and its on offer for £4 each. I had one of those groupon offers a while back - get a £10 Mr T e voucher for £5 so I used that as part payment. So £16 in total - £6 money and £5 for the voucher total £11 and of that shopimmums will give me £8 cashback.
    So 8 kg of good quality cat food for a final total of £3 :T

The only issue it that Harringtons have quite thin paper sacks which any of our cats could scratch their way through. It under the stairs for now but I think I need to seal them in a bags-for-life otherwise there will be under the stairs scoffing :rotfl:
    This stuff really smells strong so if the cats get wind of it there will be no stopping them!

The emmi is off the COS list today :(

Yes I have Mr T mags but I have no confidence of there being any baked crisps being in stock in any store in the entire country when he MOCs go live.

Next was the big Marks on the hill which still has masses of sale stuff - mainly trousers though and rails of fashion for larger ladies. I did find a nice white cardigan for £2.49 which even OH said was a good buy.
    And a digital skipping rope for £1.89 which will be an amusing Christmas gift for eldest child :)
    I used credit vouchers - I've got one expiring in November I need to whittle downwards.
    Also I took back a sheet I ordered for a credit note - very weird mottled material that looked like it would never iron flat.
    OH was quite happy with the long queue - he found the fizz and biscuit sampling lady in the food hall :)

Then we went to Wyevale to spend my £5 voucher they sent last night - there is very little in the under £10 range in that place. Mainly it was a choice between an African violet plant for £4.50 or some dubious over priced tasteless chocolates, some of which I recognized from Home Bargains.
    So I settled on a Crazy Cat lady mug for £6 so I only had £1 to pay.
    On the plus side the butchers counter were sampling some very delicious sausages every time we passed it :T

Then it was Ssainsburys for GJ items - activia yogurt and napolina sauce and blue diamond nuts for COS.

Finishing off with a late trip into town for a visit to Neros for hot chocolate and cake - the walnut and banana loaf is very nice and with the 00002 offer £2 for two slices is quite acceptable. OH blobs it with cream from his hot chocolate

Then it was Superdrug and home

I looked in my store today and they had loads but like you say wait til moc's go live we will probably be :mad:
  • I just keep one copy of the W magazine and put the rest back once I've been through the till!

I keep one copy of each mag in the bottom of my shopping bag and take these back into the store and rescan them again with the self scanners. This way they never run out of mags ;):)

SnS
  • Forgetful
    Forgetful Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    tweets wrote: »
    Yes they had loads in my store 2 pallet fulls thanks :)

good... I was gonna say can meet up and get u some from Didsbury... but i only managed 4 mags... dare not get any more in case i get told off..
    which is your local..?
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    good... I was gonna say can meet up and get u some from Didsbury... but i only managed 4 mags... dare not get any more in case i get told off..
    which is your local..?

Can't you get a carrier bag and stick your head etc in the cardboard container and smuggle some in lol
  • tweets
    Forumite
    which is your local..?

I got 25 :p in case I have to recycle some :D

Oldham Extra I got mine on way out had a spare bag put in bottom and put shopping over top to hide them ;)
  • Forgetful
    Forgetful Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Can't you get a carrier bag and stick your head etc in the cardboard container and smuggle some in lol

Emerald... apparently I am too recognisable....

Example... went into PV once and the guy serving me asked if I go to the Slug and Lettuce... which I do... he recognised me from there.

After our burglary last year I went to get copies of kids birth cert,.. and out marriage cert. from registry office... went like end of May and kept on forgetting to go back to pick them up.... when I eventually remembered it was middle of Aug.. anyways went to the desk and was searching in my bag for the receipt... but the lady said... its ok I remember u coming in..... :o:rotfl:

need to get the Burka or somthing....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport