First Anniversary First Post
    Checked up on the debts again;

Credit cards

Barclaycard £3761
    Santander £960

TOTAL £4621

The mortgage is standing at £59,471 35.4% paid off

Quiet day today.
    Beer festival yesterday with friends and really quite tired today.
    Went to the yoga class after my usual one this morning. Beginners yoga aka. Yoga for people who've had too much of this :beer: and for whom a balancing pose is totally out of the question
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,176 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    All looking good :)
    Hope you enjoyed the :beer: festival :)

One debt left by the end of the year?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    edited 10 March 2019 at 9:46PM
    beanielou wrote: »
    All looking good :)
    Hope you enjoyed the :beer: festival :)

One debt left by the end of the year?

Oh I did enjoy it Beanie...possibly too much.

Have had a quiet day, finishing off with a 90 minute yoga and mindfulness class which has just prepared me for bed. But before i go have been watching 'Travelling Blind' where Sarah Pascoe and Amir (who set up Travel Eyes) are travelling together in Turkey. Just brilliant TV - absolutely amazing.
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • Butti
    So ......positives from today

My spending will be VERY controlled for the rest of the week and I shall be taking my lunches in

The bad news from today was that at the start of the day (lifting a book off the bedside table) I seem to have nearly slipped a disk. In quite a bit of pain.

Somewhere in the middle of the day, when the gas man suddenly turned up AFTER the property is finished and two days later than when I was told it would be done :eek::eek: my bag has been lifted with my bank card in.

Have stopped the card but I did REALLY like the bag.....and if the f*ckwit of a gas man had been on time and not confused me as I was leaving it would never have happened.

P*ssed off :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    48% off mortgage

• beanielou
    Butti~~so sorry to hear about the back pain & the blooming bag :(:(

Passes beer.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Butti
    Butti~~so sorry to hear about the back pain & the blooming bag :(:(

Passes beer.

Thanks Beanie...I'm on the wine at home!

The good news is there was only £10 in it (the advantages of having no money!)....and I'd actually done the thing I am always telling myself to do but not doing .....there was £20 in it but I put a tenner in one of the pockets under the dashboard for when I next forget my purse ;)
    48% off mortgage

• Butti
    Found my little red bag on ebay :T
    Also comes in teal and black and a load of other colours :T:T
    Only £8.95 so can get one for me and some for presents :T:T:T

.....and don't have to do anything until Friday (payday) :D
    48% off mortgage

• beanielou
    Butti wrote: »
    Found my little red bag on ebay :T
    Also comes in teal and black and a load of other colours :T:T
    Only £8.95 so can get one for me and some for presents :T:T:T

.....and don't have to do anything until Friday (payday) :D

Take it this is the bag that was stolen?
    That's good :)

• Butti
    Take it this is the bag that was stolen?
    That's good :)

My friend who bought it for me says She was clearly robbed when she bought it!:rotfl:

Cheap cinema evening last night. I missed Bohemian Rhapsody when it came out and my friend, who has only seen the film about 8 times has now got the DVD. So it was round hers with my two bags of popcorn. Great film with really good casting.

Free yoga class this morning. The yoga teacher is on a course so I've got 3 yoga playlists from youtube and I think I'll be doing the hip one of those plus some stretches specifically for the sacro-illiac joint. My back is starting to feel better so I need to strengthen up my core to protect the joints.
    48% off mortgage

• Butti
    Well, bit of a result today.

Driving down a road today and a bus and lorry going opposite ways nearly side swiped each other. In the end the lorry had to reverse, so I had to reverse and the guy behind me had to reverse.....and then he stopped reversing .......and I didn't
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Ooops!
    By some complete Fluke...... Miracle......... Divine intervention.....call it what you will. There was no damage to his number plate or mine. Phew!!!

Then I got the electrician round because last week the whole lighting circuit blew (well all apart from one bulb!!! !!!!!!!) just before I went to Amsterdam. So he came round today. Changed the fuse only for a modern one for the lighting circuit and removed the bit of light fitting that I hadn't seen and would have made it blow over and over again. So rather than about £400 for a new Consumer Unit, it was £40 :beer:

Time to book my internet dating and my flight to Cambodia I think :D Feeling strangely positive despite a rubbish day at work.
    48% off mortgage

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback