ZC's Aim for a little independence

Options

Comments

• zcrat41
    zcrat41 Posts: 1,728 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening all

So the good news is I've managed to stick to all my goals for today & yesterday.

The bad news today is that I was a horrible shouty grumpy mum. The kids just had one of those fats where they wound each other up. Ds is going through the "asserting independence" stage. I was crap at that with Dd and I'm crap at it now. Way too much shouting and grumpiness going on.

Fresh start for all tomorrow.
  • zcrat41
    Options
    Much much much better day today.

Summer Nanny started and by goodness I'm glad I've made that choice (and lucky I can). When I try to work with the kids in the house I don't work or parent properly and I'm needing to do a lot more work now.

NSD here today. Also managed mfp and 30 mins in the garden.

Need to make sure I do some exercise tomorrow.

Also need to do a big food shop for Thursday. We've a guest over the weekend and I find that really bumps up the cost. Need to do some careful planning tomorrow.

Night all.
  • zcrat41
    Options
    Evening all. Good day at chez zc. Spent a bit on some new watering cans, towels and picture frames in Wilkos but all within budget. Also bought ds an alarm clock and put stickers on for 7am to show when she can get up. We've had a gro clock for ages but she knows how to fiddle it now!

Manage my run, mfp and TOMM. This month is going well.

Have been listening to a few Dave Ramsey podcasts. They're quite interesting. I quite like his approach.

Have a good evening all x
  • zcrat41
    Options
    Morning all.
    Came home to a nice surprise last night. I have a small number of shares that have paid out a one off dividend. That's an extra £163 gone into the savings for this month bringing this months total to a massive £417.15!!! Total saved towards my 5k target its: £3099.34. So chuffed to have passed £3k!

Am also doing well with my daily challenges. Even did MFP last night when an extra slice of cake found it's way onto my lap.

Kids party and messy church today so should be a nice cheap day.

Have a good day all!
  • zcrat41
    Options
    Morning all.

Good day yesterday. £2.50 on a euromillions ticket from Friday. I didn't win! Can you imagine the diary if I had!

Just £10 in Aldi on some extra snacks whilst my visitor is here.

Saw an offer for Amazon Prine for £59 per year which is much cheaper than the 7.99 a month I currently pay. Then I thought that's £59 a year that could go on my mortgage. Not sure. The whole delivery aspect is nowhere near as good as it used to be but we do use them kids tv a lot. I guess it would be a good incentive to not watch the tv!

Off out for a day trip today. Should be about £20 entry. We're taking a picnic and I suspect Granny will stump up for ice cream!

Have a good day all!
  • zcrat41
    Options
    Evening all. £3.60 on parking at the kids play date today. Friend bought ice creams. Will have to reciprocate!

Also £5.99 on dog food as dog sitting for my bro and he forgot the blinking food!

Frugal win - got given a £10 Clark's voucher by family which will help the annual September "empty my bank account for shoes" moment!

Aiming for a nSD tomorrow. I always seem to spend a few odd pounds and it all adds up.

I did cancel amazon prime though so that is £7.99 pm saved. Will only return when outlander and Jamie return!

Have a good evening all
  • StripeyTightsSpottySocks
    Options
    Hello zcrat :)

Thank you for popping into my diary, found yours and will now subscribe and aim to catch up as i love reading these diaries for inspiration :D

Just read your last post and reminded me i was on for a NSD today but will have to go to shops after as need essentials but will aim to by as cheaply as possible :cool:
    Mortgage Balance
  • zcrat41
    Options
    Hi Stripey, thanks for popping by. Hope you managed a frugal shop!

I managed a NSD yesterday. Hopefully another today. Was planning to take the kids swimming but I don't think I'm going to have time. As other schools haven't broken up yet the pool is only open 9-10am and I don't think I'll be done my work for then.

An actual mortgage question! I'm due to remortgage soon. I've been paying off as hoc bits over the last 5 years. On my mortgage it doesn't reduce my monthly payment. I've 15 years left on the original mortgage. How do I make sure that I don't just lower my payments over 15 years? Do I just ask for say 10 years? If so how can I work out how many years I've taken off the original?

Have a good day all.
  • zcrat41
    Options
    Morning all.

Not such a good day yesterday. £5.10 on kids swimming that they loved. That was good. Then after a busy afternoon of work and looking after the kids I went on a mini binge last night. Not happy with myself. Just so tired / I think I need to make sure I plan on downtime where I can.

Tesco order coming today. I've managed to spend £80 even though we're eating out of the freezer for most of it. It's a lot
    More expensive having the kids at home!

Any thoughts on my mortgage query anyone?
  • zcrat41
    Options
    Morning all.

Tesco came last night and should have enough in for a good week. Here's the menu plan:
    Friday - cuban beef from the freezer
    Saturday - Meatballs (freezer) & Spaghetti
    Sunday - Salmon fishcakes
    Monday - Omelette & salad
    Tuesday - chicken fajita's from freezer
    Wednesday - butternut squash pasta
    Thursday - scrambled egg & beans

So a lot of eating out of the freezer! And I still spent £80! £10 was on dishwasher tabs, loo roll & cleaning supplies though.

Still listening to Dave Ramsey and enjoying it. Are there any similar UK based podcasts? I'd love it if Martin did a podcast.

Have a good day all. ZC
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure