Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 2nd Apr 19, 4:07 PM
    • 11,685Posts
    • 80,614Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Weight Watchers Support
    • 2nd Apr 19, 4:07 PM
    Weight Watchers Support 2nd Apr 19 at 4:07 PM
    We have a Slimming World Thread but not one designated for Weight Watchers

Is anyone interested.........
Page 20
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 8th Jul 19, 7:10 AM
    • 11,685 Posts
    • 80,614 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Hi everyone......good to see you all.

Welcome Trouble..

I joined a local class as well as online but I think I'm ready to go it alone now. I bought a couple of their books so I can look up the points myself. And anyway, if it's support I need, well we have each other on here to keep us on the straight and narrow. I feel I am ready to cancel my subscription and save myself some money.

It turns out I shall be eating out nearly every day this week so I have decided to more or less have a week off. Pretend I'm on holiday, a sort of staycation. No heavy gardening or diy, just give myself over to having a rest and a bit of hedonistic pleasure.

I won't go mad and be stupid but I am not going to fret about everything I eat. I have lost 2.1/2 stones now and am very happy. I would still like to lose a bit more and I'm sure I will, but a little break won't do any harm. If I do put a couple of Lbs back on this week I shall tackle it quickly and make sure I continue on my weight loss journey.

I will set myself a target of a further stone by Christmas. If I manage that then I will have lost a total of 3.1/2 stones in a year. Hopefully that will be enough to stabilise my blood sugars. I think any more and I would be too thin. I don't want to look scrawny or haggard.

So today I'm off out for a second birthday treat....... Lunch with son no 2 and his girlfriend.
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 8th Jul 19, 12:37 PM
    • 3,119 Posts
    • 22,076 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    I lost another pound this week so I'm 11 stone 6 now.

I had toast for breakfast and then a filled tortilla wrap for lunch.

I am eating cherries at the moment and I'm going to have a tomato, red onion and fresh basil salad later. I'm not sure what else to have, maybe a bean burger.

I got my finger measured in a jewellers today and I only need one size bigger. I can get the rings on but they are still too tight! I'm hoping that it will fit when I get down to 11 stone.

It's annoying as I keep trying to get it on even after losing all this weight. I think maybe my fingers have just changed shape with age so I may have to get it resized!
    Push yourself, because no one else is going to do it for you.
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 9th Jul 19, 7:13 AM
    • 11,685 Posts
    • 80,614 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Well done Wednesday. Every little counts.

I've gained 1lb. I expected it but it's still a bit disappointing. It's a lot easier to gain weight than it is to lose it. I do find it much easier when I'm doing the cooking.

I've still got three more meals out on the agenda over the next 3 days, then hopefully I will be in control again. I aim to get back on track straight away and then hopefully the damage won't be too bad.
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 10th Jul 19, 3:08 PM
    • 12,091 Posts
    • 32,341 Thanks
    suki1964
    5 WHOLE POUNDS

Im over the moon as you may have guessed

After last weeks fail I was really down in the dumps and thought I just wasn't ready to get this shifted but it seems like my mindset has changed a bit and Im getting there

I know next weeks loss won't be as much but if I can get another 2lb I shall be delighted, that first silver seven

So Im competitive When I see those sevens I tend to want the next one as fast, if not faster

So what changed for me this week was actually thinking about what I am going to eat rather then not eat, then grabbing something at zero points when I got hungry

I had a wobble Monday. It was just a bloody awful day in work and then the muesli I got instead of my normal one tasted of dust and my lunch also tasted of dust so I came home and reached for the bread and butter - and guess what? That also tasted like dust Which at least stopped me going again. So I bunged on my trainers and went for a five mile walk and came home and ate two pieces of chicken, a small jacket spud and a pile of salad and felt much better

And even though its been raining every day this week, Ive got out there and done my five miles

So a few changes on the food front, Ive always been of the mind "diet food" is a waste of money, just eat sensibly, but I caved in with ringos (2points) Alpen bars (2 points) and Kingsmill thins (3 points). The thins are excellent. Last night I made cheeseburgers and I used a thin instead of a bun which saved 5 points and I still had enough points for a tiny portion of chips ( it was tiny)

Today Im making a keema curry but missing out the spuds and have used turkey mince. Ive also made a pot of leek and one potato soup to get some extra veg into me and take to work for lunch just in case my lunch tastes like dust again

So a few tweaks to our usual meals, a smaller plate, something sweet for around 9/10pm when Im feeling peckish and exercise seems to be working. Im still relying on eggs a lot and Im missing cheese and pasta big time. I have had pasta, switched to the wholemeal and a lot smaller portion, it was ok

I also bought the calculator today and have marked up the points on most of the cupboard and fridge. I was guessing the points mostly, and other then bread which was 4 when I guessed 3, I haven't been far wrong at all

So all in all Im one happy bunny
    if you lend someone 20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 10th Jul 19, 7:31 PM
    • 3,119 Posts
    • 22,076 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    Brilliant Suki1964! 5 pounds!

I didn't realise they even still made ringos, I haven't had them in years!
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 10th Jul 19, 9:08 PM
    • 12,091 Posts
    • 32,341 Thanks
    suki1964
    Brilliant Suki1964! 5 pounds!

I didn't realise they even still made ringos, I haven't had them in years!
    Originally posted by Wednesday2000
    Home Bargains and they are actually as I remember them and have that old Golden Wonder Cheese and Onion taste to them

I have to go home bargains to get my thins as well as my Tescos don't stock them and the Local Supervalu has too many cakes on display to be safe walking into
    if you lend someone 20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 12th Jul 19, 7:25 AM
    • 11,685 Posts
    • 80,614 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Good morning everyone

Well I have had a great week off, time to assess the damage. Put 2lbs on. Not too bad but time to get back on plan before that 2lbs creeps up any higher.

One thing is for sure, it's easier to gain weight than it is to lose it.

Anyhooe you are all well and doing ok with your weight losses.

Suki.. Well done you. That's terrific.
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 13th Jul 19, 8:46 AM
    • 11,685 Posts
    • 80,614 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Good morning everyone.

Well I'm nicely back on track. Have shifted 1lb already. Not sure of my menu or plans for today.

I have had a lovely time on my "staycation" but am actually feeling quite tired. I am now looking forward to some quiet time, not going out in the evenings. I need to play catch up. I have a backlog of laundry, cleaning and gardening to keep me busy and am aiming to do some batch cooking so that I can stock up the freezer with some healthy home made ready meals.

Onwards and downwards.
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 14th Jul 19, 8:56 AM
    • 11,685 Posts
    • 80,614 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Another 1lb off so now back to my pre "staycation" weight. Time to start on the next half stone. Family gathering today so doubt I will stay on track. I do have 8 rollover points to play with so hopefully won't do any real damage.

I checked my BMI and weight against the NHS guidelines yesterday. I am now technically no longer overweight and both my BMI and weight are at the top end of the healthy range.

I do, however, think there's room for further improvement so I think a further weight loss of around 10 to 14lbs should be about right. I've set myself a target of 1 stone by Christmas. Should be doable.

I'm not one for sweet things but I do sometimes have a craving for something "tasty" in the evenings. Sometimes I could murder a pack of crisps but so far have managed to resist.

Does anyone have any recommendations for healthy (ish) low point snacks.....
    • seven-day-weekend
    • By seven-day-weekend 14th Jul 19, 8:59 AM
    • 32,878 Posts
    • 65,296 Thanks
    seven-day-weekend
    After five days in France and drinking wine and having bread and jam for breakfast, I have gained 3lb. How I wish it were that easy to lose it!

Back to sensible eating now.
    Member #10 of 2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
    • seven-day-weekend
    • By seven-day-weekend 14th Jul 19, 9:01 AM
    • 32,878 Posts
    • 65,296 Thanks
    seven-day-weekend
    Another 1lb off so now back to my pre "staycation" weight. Time to start on the next half stone. Family gathering today so doubt I will stay on track. I do have 8 rollover points to play with so hopefully won't do any real damage.

I checked my BMI and weight against the NHS guidelines yesterday. I am now technically no longer overweight and both my BMI and weight are at the top end of the healthy range.

I do, however, think there's room for further improvement so I think a further weight loss of around 10 to 14lbs should be about right. I've set myself a target of 1 stone by Christmas. Should be doable.

I'm not one for sweet things but I do sometimes have a craving for something "tasty" in the evenings. Sometimes I could murder a pack of crisps but so far have managed to resist.

Does anyone have any recommendations for healthy (ish) low point snacks.....
    Originally posted by lessonlearned
    Breadsticks?
    Member #10 of 2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 14th Jul 19, 2:44 PM
    • 3,119 Posts
    • 22,076 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    I was going to say oven roasted chickpeas but I think you said you are not a fan. I put salt and vinegar on them and they remind me of crisps.

The Walkers french fries and the squares are both low in points. Skips are as well.

I sometimes have crackers with Marmite.

I have STS this week which isn't surprise as I drank quite a lot of beer when I went out on Friday night.
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 14th Jul 19, 2:49 PM
    • 3,119 Posts
    • 22,076 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    Carrot sticks and salsa I like as well, it's quite a satisfying snack.
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 14th Jul 19, 2:58 PM
    • 12,091 Posts
    • 32,341 Thanks
    suki1964
    Oh Lordy, Im dreading this weeks weigh in

A sudden unexpected trip to Yorkshire and Scotland yesterday

After a 4am start, by time 10am came I was really hungry and we stopped at a Wetherspoons for breakfast. I was very good and had 2 grilled mushrooms, 2 eggs scrambled and baked beans and black coffee

When we got to Gretna the sun was splitting the stones so I had a one scoop ice cream

Time we got to Stranraer, I was gagging for a pint - and had 2

Then totally starved, hit the Chinese

Back on track so far today with an early breakfast of mushrooms beans and eggs, but had a pint on the ferry

Tummy is hanging out of me right now and Im trying to hold off a bit longer so I can have something filling for tea, as Im trying to undo the cider

See when Im home I don't get cider, over here is sweet and usually flavoured, so I get to the UK and I see the strongbow and the aspals and its like " I want I want " lol

So all hopes of the 2lb off I guess are scuppered and the best I can hope for is a STS

LL, not really healthy but Im loving the ringos or I take a pack of the very thin melba toast and smear with crab pate
    • candygirl
    • By candygirl 15th Jul 19, 5:58 PM
    • 27,397 Posts
    • 116,576 Thanks
    candygirl
    I was going to say oven roasted chickpeas but I think you said you are not a fan. I put salt and vinegar on them and they remind me of crisps.

The Walkers french fries and the squares are both low in points. Skips are as well.

I sometimes have crackers with Marmite.

I have STS this week which isn't surprise as I drank quite a lot of beer when I went out on Friday night.
    Originally posted by Wednesday2000
    I do that too with chickpeas, n sometimes put chilli flakes on too
    Well done on all your losses, especially suki!! 5lbs wow
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004)
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 16th Jul 19, 7:48 AM
    • 11,685 Posts
    • 80,614 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Good morning everyone

Thank you for all your snack ideas. I bought some ultra thin melba toasts, and a bag of individual portions of popcorn. They are a bit high at 5 points for quite a small portion.....but just enough for a little tasty treat.

Not weighed myself for a couple of days and didn't go the meeting last night. Tbh I'm happy doing it alone now so I'm going to cancel my membership before next months payment is due.

Save myself some money. I feel comfortable going it alone now that I know what I'm doing and I have you lot to keep me on the straight and narrow.

Have a great day.....
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

64Posts Today

2,023Users online

Martin's Twitter