Weight Watchers Support

Comments

• Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,362 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I was going to say oven roasted chickpeas but I think you said you are not a fan. I put salt and vinegar on them and they remind me of crisps.

The Walkers french fries and the squares are both low in points. Skips are as well.

I sometimes have crackers with Marmite.

I have STS this week which isn't surprise as I drank quite a lot of beer when I went out on Friday night.:o:p
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,362 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Carrot sticks and salsa I like as well, it's quite a satisfying snack.
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Oh Lordy, Im dreading this weeks weigh in

A sudden unexpected trip to Yorkshire and Scotland yesterday

After a 4am start, by time 10am came I was really hungry and we stopped at a Wetherspoons for breakfast. I was very good and had 2 grilled mushrooms, 2 eggs scrambled and baked beans and black coffee

When we got to Gretna the sun was splitting the stones so I had a one scoop ice cream

Time we got to Stranraer, I was gagging for a pint - and had 2

Then totally starved, hit the Chinese :(

Back on track so far today with an early breakfast of mushrooms beans and eggs, but had a pint on the ferry

Tummy is hanging out of me right now and Im trying to hold off a bit longer so I can have something filling for tea, as Im trying to undo the cider

See when Im home I don't get cider, over here is sweet and usually flavoured, so I get to the UK and I see the strongbow and the aspals and its like " I want I want " lol

So all hopes of the 2lb off I guess are scuppered and the best I can hope for is a STS

LL, not really healthy but Im loving the ringos or I take a pack of the very thin melba toast and smear with crab pate
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    I was going to say oven roasted chickpeas but I think you said you are not a fan. I put salt and vinegar on them and they remind me of crisps.

The Walkers french fries and the squares are both low in points. Skips are as well.

I sometimes have crackers with Marmite.

I have STS this week which isn't surprise as I drank quite a lot of beer when I went out on Friday night.:o:p
    I do that too with chickpeas, n sometimes put chilli flakes on too :o
    Well done on all your losses, especially suki!! 5lbs wow:T
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Good morning everyone

Thank you for all your snack ideas. I bought some ultra thin melba toasts, and a bag of individual portions of popcorn. They are a bit high at 5 points for quite a small portion.....but just enough for a little tasty treat.

Not weighed myself for a couple of days and didn't go the meeting last night. Tbh I'm happy doing it alone now so I'm going to cancel my membership before next months payment is due.

Save myself some money. I feel comfortable going it alone now that I know what I'm doing and I have you lot to keep me on the straight and narrow. :D

Have a great day.....
  • lessonlearned
    Wahoo.....I am now exactly 11st. That's 2st 9lbs down. :j.

Onwards and downwards.

Hope you are all doing well.
  • Drawingaline
    Drawingaline Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Well done everyone. Last week was a total carbfest, put on 2lbs, but been super good for the past three days and seemed to have shifted 3?! Anyway have a birthday in the house tomorrow so will have a small slice of cake, and he has asked for Chinese takeaway on friday. Then out drinking on sat night....... Hoping to stay where I am now tbh, would counttst as a win.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Congratulations LL :j:T:j

Thats a fantastic achievement I hope I too can get there

Well I was very lucky in that I STS. By the hair of my teeth but at least it wasn't a gain

Ive really got to get on top of things this week as we have the Grandkids coming to stay from Sunday and usually when they stay over, I cook for their tastes and spend a few days eating carbs and junk which Im determined not to do this week

Its the drink that's my biggest problem, I try my best to just have one, that usually ends up at two, sometimes more and then I think Ive blown everything so cut the food out and survive on fresh air and dust :rotfl:

So although Ive stocked up on all the rubbish the kids seem to need, Ive also stocked up on veggies and salads for me an I intend to cook/make ahead on Saturday so I have pots to reach for and not the Dorritos
  • Broke_Bear
    Broke_Bear Posts: 142 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hi All

I would like to join you if that is ok?

I joined WW last night online for the online and meetings, my first meeting will be Sunday so will take that as my real start weight but it looks like I have at least 6 stone to lose to get to anywhere approaching a 'healthy' weight :eek:

I tracked my points for yesterday and they came in at 54!! Today came in at 44 so I have already used up my weeklies and I haven't managed to get down within my daily allowance yet. I have been reading through this thread and it seems that zero point meals are a good way to help come in on target for the day. Will try this tomorrow, it is all an adjustment but if i can get to within my allowance by sunday then I will be starting off ok in my book.

This will definitely be a marathon and not a sprint for me to get to 'goal as I haven't been under 10.5 stone since primary school and I am now in my 40's :( However if i go at it slow and steady I will hopefully keep it off and change my habits for good.

Roll on Sunday!!
    If thou of fortune be bereft, and of thine earthly store hath left,Two loaves, Sell one and with the dole, buy hyacinths to feed the soul. 'Anon'

Debt Dec '19 - £30,678
    Debt End of Dec '23 - £0.00 - 100% paid off
    Entering the debt free life and hoping to stay that way permanently!
  • lessonlearned
    edited 18 July 2019 at 7:19AM
    Good morning everyone.

Suki.....you'll do it. And so will you DAL. All we have to do is stick to it and we will get there. Easier said than done sometimes of course because life has a habit of getting in the way. I am really pleased and tbh actually quite surprised that I have got this far.

Yes, I know there are people who have done it much more quickly than me but I am genuinely happy with my progress. Slow but sure wins the race and I'm hoping that my habits will have changed and that I will have learned how to maintain my weight loss over the long term. I do not want to slip back into my old ways and regain what I have lost.

Welcome BrokeBear. Definitely go with the zero hero's. Fill yer boots. :rotfl: I try to have a couple of either zero point or very low point meals each day so that I can save some points for the evening which is when I seem to "need" a nice treat. Of course "need" is relative, it is actually a psychological need not really a nutritional one. :rotfl:

Also if possible I do like to roll over some points when I know I am going out for a meal.

Like you, Bear I knew from the outset that my weight loss journey would be a marathon not a sprint. I have learned to cook differently, substituting spray oils instead of normal bottled oil, poaching mushrooms instead of frying them in butter and low fat versions of the rich creamy sauces that I love so much.

I have also really upped my fruit and veg intake. My meals are packed with vegetables or salads and I try to snack on fruit rather than biscuits or cake. I just allow myself a couple of lotus biscuits or one square of good chocolate, or one decadent chocolate truffle as a special treat.

Although I do enjoy a drink as much as the next girl I rarely imbibe now. A very occasional small glass of wine or G&T. I am hoping to be to relax a little more and enjoy a glass of something more often once I've reached goal. ;).

Weathers not that great this morning but luckily I've caught up with the gardening for the moment so today I'm going to nip to Asda for some bits and bobs and then have a bit of a batch cooking session.

Keep going everyone, we can do it. It can be tough and if I'm honest it can be a bit boring but the end result will be worth it. I still have a bit more to lose but already I feel and look so much better. I have gone from a size 18/20 to a 14/16.

It feels really great to be able to wear nice clothes again.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback