Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Comments

• Just got Sky Q 2tb
    plus
    Sky Q mini
    Entertainment
    Sports
    Movies
    Kids
    Box sets
    HD
    one off 40 quid set up
    £52 pm for 18 months

As a 'new customer' through a friend who works at sky
  • shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    cashmonger wrote: »
    My £9.95 deal I got on here is about to be up at the end of the month.

Gonna try giving them a ring and tell them of the plusnet offer for £10 a month on here.

They won't care. At the moment you won't get any cheaper than around £16 a month for entertainment package
  • shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    rivageeza wrote: »
    On the day my Sky was switched off, I went onto live chat and managed to get Entertainment, Kids, Boxsets and HD using my existing SkyHD box for £16 a month.

It's the standard deal retentions offer to everyone at the moment.
  • Paradigm
    Paradigm Posts: 3,613 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I've been with Sky for a long time & never had a problem but I'm paying £40 per month for up to 38mbs with line rental.

I want to try for a better price but I'd like something to "threaten" them with, that I'd be prepared to move to if I had too if they weren't prepared to offer a deal.

There are many offers that are way cheaper than I'm paying now but most get bad reviews.. Talk talk, BT, EE, PlusNet etc

Any advice? I'd like to stay with Sky but unless I have a viable alternative to switch to....
    Always try to be at least half the person your dog thinks you are!
  • currently paying £25 per month (have benn for about 4 years now) this is for full sky package (movies,sport,box sets HD etc) deal ends in july whats the latest best deal.?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Paradigm wrote: »
    I've been with Sky for a long time & never had a problem but I'm paying £40 per month for up to 38mbs with line rental.

I want to try for a better price but I'd like something to "threaten" them with, that I'd be prepared to move to if I had too if they weren't prepared to offer a deal.

There are many offers that are way cheaper than I'm paying now but most get bad reviews.. Talk talk, BT, EE, PlusNet etc

Any advice? I'd like to stay with Sky but unless I have a viable alternative to switch to....

Sky get bad reviews too but I never had an issue with them for 10 years, that didn't stop me moving to NowTV for £20 UL fibre a month back.

It shouldn't stop you either as Vodafone are doing the same £20 a month deal, admittedly I would probably give TalkTalk a swerve as they seem to be genuinely bad.

The best Sky would do was £23 a month for UL fibre but this was only after I'd initiated the switch.
  • tarkytarks
    tarkytarks Posts: 289 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I cancelled last Friday after our 60% off offer ended. Just had a phonecall from Sky "to confirm final payment details" and was then asked if we'd consider staying - I said we would stay if they would offer us a price as close as possible to the previous price (it was £35 per month for everything - HD, movies and sport), was offered 12 months at £38 per month. Hubby and I had already agreed that we'd accept any offer below £40 so we are happy. I'm glad they rang actually, it saves me from camping out for the best offer!
  • planetf1
    planetf1 Posts: 361 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Are sky@mysky.uk any good for cancel/retention offers?

I got frustrated with the call centre, and chat wasn't available so I opted for email. I noted they stated up to 5 days . Is it likely to be worth waiting for them, are they able to offer decent deals typically (compared to the call centre)? How long do they typically take to reply?

Thanks
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always recieve lots
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    planetf1 wrote: »
    Are [EMAIL="sky@mysky.uk"]sky@mysky.uk[/EMAIL] any good for cancel/retention offers?

I got frustrated with the call centre, and chat wasn't available so I opted for email. I noted they stated up to 5 days . Is it likely to be worth waiting for them, are they able to offer decent deals typically (compared to the call centre)? How long do they typically take to reply?

Thanks

Unfortunately I think that they will just tell you to phone IF you get a reply that is:(
  • Lenaldo
    Lenaldo Posts: 4 Newbie
    If the chat option isn't there, delete all the cookies relating to the Sky website.

I had the same problem and once i deleted the cookies, the chat option button "magically" re-appeared!

Someone cynical might suggest that Sky do this to ensure you call and they can harangue you but i couldn't possibly say that...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback