Administration Help article discussion

Comments

• Hi Money Saving Expert people. Can you please change the article that is linked to this thread? The order of payout to creditors is incorrect. Employees are only preferential for arrears of pay and holiday pay accrued but not taken at the date of appointment up to a cap of £800. All other funds owed whether statutory or contractual are non-preferential unsecured and they are in the pool with everyone else.

This may seem pedantic, but I work for the corporate recovery department for a large accountancy practice and end up dealing with employees who are confused and have quoted this article at me!

They will get certain elements within 4-6 weeks from the Redundancy Payments Office but this is due to the RPO's own policy not them being preferential. Even then these are capped by the RPO policy.

You may already have one but would an article regarding the pay outs to employees made redundant by insolvency practitioners help? Often the RPO forms and such are god awful to deal with if you are not familiar with them. I'd be happy to help if you need.

WW
  • ZAVVI gift vouchers

Hi,

I'm looking for some help regarding gift vouchers I had for Zavvi. I wrote to them after xmas, asking for a refund on them, because they stopped accepting them in the stores, and I recieved a reply from them yesterday.

The letter basically said I wasn't guaranteed any refund, but I may get, what they were estimating to be, 5p per pound as a refund. With £45 of vouchers, that'll mean a £2.25 refund!!

Is that the best I can get, or is there any other way I can claim any money back?
  • Hiya,

I am currently going through Small Claims to get money back for furniture never received. An initial deposit was made via bank transfer in November 2007. IF the company goes into administration, I was wondering if anyone might know where I stand - is a bank transfer equivalent to cash/cheque? My statement clears shows that this money was made to this company.

Thanks in advance.
  • Green2
    Green2 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Hi there, a realted question. I have been dealing with a company that I have heard has gone into administration. How do I verify this claim ? The record on companies house says that the company is active. I need proof to get my credit card company to accept liability for an outstanding claim. Thanks in advance !
  • I have a problem with Nationwide VISA.
    In January 2008 I ordered a furniture package from Dream Home Interiors (a 'subsidiary' of Andalucian Dream Homes) for an off plan apartment in Spain. DHI is the quoted furniture supplier in the ADH brochure and shares the same logo. I bought my apartment from ADH and was taken to the DHI showroom by the ADH agent. I paid 50% deposit (about 4000 pounds) by Nationwide Visa card. I have the receipt which I have showed Nationwide. My apartment will be completed this year but in February 2009 I learned by a phone call from an ADH man that DHI had ceased trading. Subsequently ADH itself has ceased trading I learn from the Internet and Spanish ex-pat forums.
    I contacted Nationwide and provided the only information that I have been given i.e. the addresses and telephone numbers of DHI and ADH and the telephone numbers of the owner and chief accountant of DHI. These ADH/DHI people will not give me any information at all on the telephone and do not reply to letters (even though my Spanish is quite good!)
    Nationwide have categorically (and quite rudely) refused to give any support despite me sending your 'template letter'. They say;
    a. 'their' time limit for claims has been exceeded and that they must conform to 'their own procedures'
    b. they can do nothing anyway since I have provided no proof that DHI and ADH have ceased trading and gone into administration.
    My big problem seems to be how can I prove that DHI and ADH have gone into administration in Spain so that I can recover what I am owed (i.e. I hope the amount of the package) from Nationwide?
    I would be very grateful for any advice.
  • I would like to know what happens if you take out finance to fund a training course? My husband took a loan with Barclays Partner Finance to fund driving Instructor training with Red - who went into administration on Tuesday 16th. The loan was arranged through them. No training has yet been received - what happens now? Are we now in debt even though the training cannot be done? Any advise would be great - we are now potentially £6000 in debt for nothing.
  • Rockbird_2
    Rockbird_2 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Hi there

I have a query on whether I might be able to take things further regarding an advertising agency that went bust while I was paying for advertising that didn't happen.

I paid by Standing Order and was never notified that the company had gone bust and that my adverts weren't being shown. The SO payments were paid over 1 year for 2 years' advertising, but I only received less than a year's advertising for my money.

I have been in contact with the Administrator, who advised me that I would be way down in the 'pecking order' for getting my money back, but have seen some articles on this site that suggest I might be able to take it further, or at least elsewhere. For instance, is there an equivalent of the FSCS that I can go to?

I have copies of emails, first to the company that (unbeknown to me) took over contracts from AMH Media (the company I took out the advertising contract with), where I was told that they were not responsible for AMH's debts, and from the Administrator, who was advising me what to do prior to an administration meeting. Both of these emails followed phone calls I made. Copied below:

To: colettem@ecdisplays.co.uk

Sent: Monday, November 30, 2009 10:58 AM

Subject: Client ref. 116396

Hi there

Following a telephone call that I made to your office earlier, I was advised put my complaint in writing to you and my issue would be dealt with urgently.

I have a contract with AMH Media for 24 months' advertising from September 2008 at Fun Factory in Fareham, which I finished paying for on 8 September 2009.

However, I have recently found out that Fun Factory ceased trading from 31 July 2009, changed hands and became 'Moby's' from 1 October 2009. I called in on Saturday to see whether the TV screen was still there and my advert still running, to find that the screen had gone. I have spoken to the manager of Moby's, who advised me that in the interim period prior to their take-over, the TV screen had been burgled from the premises and that they, as Moby's, had had no contact from yourselves since taking over the premises.

I would, as part of the contract between ourselves, have expected you to have been making regular checks with all of your advertising venues to ensure proper maintenance, etc. and am very disappointed that I had to make my own enquiries to obtain this information after finding out by chance, by virtue of an advertisment in a local directory, that Fun Factory no longer exists.

Therefore, I am writing to request an immediate refund of my payments, along with VAT paid for the period that my advert has not been showing from 1 August 2009 onwards. I would estimate this overpayment to be around £620, although I feel a full refund would be appropriate, given that the contract has been broken by yourselves and payments continued to be made by me beyond the date that Fun Factory ceased trading.

I look forward to receiving your reply, along with reimbursement very shortly.

Regards

(My name/contact details).

Any advice on how to take this further would be gratefully received. I've waited nearly 6 months for an outcome.
  • Hi, I work for an airline and booked some hotel accommodation through a company called Distant Dreamz based in Dubai. They have been very popular with staff and have been running since about 2003. Just as I paid on my credit card, they went bust. My card company (Tesco) are saying I need proof they've gone bust but as they are in Dubai, how would I do this? All their phone lines are disconnected and of course no answer to their emails. Their website has no messages on it. The card company are saying unless I get this proof they won't pay under Section 75.
  • vix_378
    vix_378 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Hi,

Just looking for a bit of advice...I made an order with Confetti on 29/07/2010 for £126 paid on my visa debit card. I received a confirmation email telling me that I would receive the items within 5-7 days. I did receive part of the order, but the other parts did not arrive. After days of calling the Confetti order line and checking the status on the website I decided to email them trying to find out where my order is. I got a reply today telling me that they went into administration on August 13th, that all orders are 'under review' and that each customer will be contacted by email to tell them the status of their order.

My wedding is in 15 days!! I can't wait for the items any longer and don't have another £126 going spare to get them elsewhere! Can I ask for a refund/where do I start?! :(
  • My family and I are looking forward to USA trip in December so after reading about the best currency exhange rate on MSE website, I decided to apply with Crown Currency Exchange Limited website. In order to get a much better Dollar exchange rate then present, the company was offering 'pay now and receive better rate if you were willing to wait a few months for your funds' which was quite favourable with me. Two weeks after applying and having paid my money, I found out to my horror from their website that the company had gone into administration. I have had correspondence from the Administrators but unfortunately it is not good news at all. We will probably lose all money (our hard earned savings) we paid out the company. The frustrating part - there is nothing I can do about it except wait 8 weeks for the outcome.:(

I was wondering if any member(s) have had similar experience.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure