Two NTE5C Master Sockets

Options
JohnRo
JohnRo Posts: 2,887 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
I've installed CAT5e cabling from one corner of the house to the opposite corner (lounge to office) via loft and used two NTE5C master sockets as per image below.

xIk3FXY.png

I know this isn't the accepted norm and expect to get shouted at, certainly not something a telephone engineer would ever recommend but I decided to do this because it provides a secondary location for my router and what I see as a really neat telephone/broadband solution.

It is working fine but I am paranoid there might be some issue I am unaware of regarding things like the extra ring capacitor and bell wire filter in the secondary master socket's backplate.

The ADSL router's speed does drop every few days and needs a reboot to get back to full speed but to be fair it also did this on the netgear powerline adapters I was using prior to changing over and running this dedicated CAT5e setup, so that's not something new caused by this new arrangement that I have never experienced before.

Can someone who really knows about these things please tell me why this is a bad idea and what problems it might cause?

TIA
'We don't need to be smarter than the rest; we need to be more disciplined than the rest.' - WB

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport