Administration Help article discussion

Former_MSE_Wendy
Former_MSE_Wendy Posts: 929 Forumite
I've been Money Tipped! Newshound! PPI Party Pooper Best Buy Bear
edited 18 May 2011 at 4:10PM in Shop but don't drop

This thread is for discussing the
Company Administration Help guide.

To discuss/ask a question click post reply.
*** Get the Martin's Money Tips Free E-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips ***

Comments

• Hi, I have a query about Principles, which very recently went into administration. Although concessions stores are still selling the brand, 'solo' stores are not, and returns bought anywhere else other than concessions stores are not being accepted...

I bought goods online on credit card from Principle's own online store on the basis of a one month return period for any reason.

I tend to buy in bulk owing to disability and the difficulty I have in accessing bricks and mortar stores, but also because I know the vast majority of items delivered although not faulty will not be suitable because of my disability. I feel a bit caught here!

I have contacted the credit card issuer, who will be sending me a declaration form in due course to complete and return. I will also be writing to Principle's administrators, Deloitte, to do the same.

My question really, is this correct? Should I send to both companies? Or what should I be doing... Who should I contact first/who do I have better hope of recovering as much money from my intended returns as possible?

...and given that every item of clothing is under £100, am I likely to get my money back at all really?

Thank you very much! :)
  • Hi Maroony

It may be best to try your credit card company first as getting money from an Insolvency practicioner can take some time, if indeed you get anything at all :(

If the credit card was Visa, you can also try the Chargeback scheme, which is better for items under £100. If it's not a Visa card you may be able to pursuade your credit card company to accept the items as one order if the total was over £100.

Best of luck with your claim
    *** Get the Martin's Money Tips Free E-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips ***
  • Hi,

I don't know if anyone can help but....

I am trying to find out who the appointed administrators are for a certain company. I have been pursuing them through county court and now the bailiffs have written to me to say that the company is in administration, but have not disclosed any further info. I can find no press releases or info on the company's website to suggest who is appointed. Is there an easy way of finding this information out?

Any help would be gratefully received
  • Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    CLH wrote: »
    Hi,

I don't know if anyone can help but....

I am trying to find out who the appointed administrators are for a certain company. I have been pursuing them through county court and now the bailiffs have written to me to say that the company is in administration, but have not disclosed any further info. I can find no press releases or info on the company's website to suggest who is appointed. Is there an easy way of finding this information out?

Any help would be gratefully received

Try the companies house website (providing it is a limited company)

http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/info

Once you have found the company, it's status will tell you if it really is in administration (or liquidation, receivership, etc)

Then click on 'Insolvency History', click on the relevant case and it should provide details of the relevant practitioners

(Note that this gives the individual person(s) name of who is responsible, rather than the company they work for (e.g. Deloitte), but once you have their address which will be their business address, it should be easy to identify the company too)
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • zenseeker
    zenseeker Posts: 4,550 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    We have removed your signature - please contact the forum team if you are not sure why - Forum Team
  • joaniemerc
    joaniemerc Posts: 615 Forumite
    zenseeker wrote: »

Thanks for posting this link. The firm my husband has done work for went bust yesterday owing him £1200. We are going to write to the administrators as a creditor. Through the above link we found the company and were able to sign up for email alerts when the status of the company changes.
  • CaroB_2
    CaroB_2 Posts: 110 Forumite
    Hi
    I can't find the answer to this anywhere! What happens to store cards when the store goes into administration, or is sold off? I have a Principles store card, which I was intending to cancel as I don't use it (my nearest store closed and John Lewis/House of Fraser don't accept the store card as payment in their concessions). Does anyone know what will happen to it? Do I still need to cancel it, or are the chances that nobody will answer the phone when I call? Should I just wait for a letter from the new owners (Debenhams, I do believe, but they're only buying the brand name and the stock, and trading from their own concessions only)?
    Is it too much to hope that they will contact all card holders?!

Any advice appreciated!
  • Ikano financial services issue the Principles store card, it may be able to help

http://www.ikano.net/contact-us.html
  • matt1987
    matt1987 Posts: 897 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Apollo 2000 electrical stores are now in administration.
  • matt1987 wrote: »
    Apollo 2000 electrical stores are now in administration.
    The staff at Apollo 2000 are unaware of this, I wonder when they will be told.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure