Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 46
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 11th Feb 19, 3:59 PM
    • 1,845 Posts
    • 793 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Hi Walker70,

Over the expenses claim, they seem to have immediately contradict themselves. Firstly refusing your claim, then stating...

"In the event of a flight disruption, we will always provide assistance (e.g. overnight accommodation, meals, telephone calls, transport) according to EU Regulation 261/2004".

The law (EU261) says they must pay all reasonable, but essential expenses incurred while waiting for them to get you home.

The fact they did nothing to get you home earlier is their problem, they didn't help or make any arrangements for you, and so they must pay the costs you incurred.

I suspect the flight leaving LGW to pick you up may have been cancelled due to the airport closure and you were possibly delayed as a knock on of that. As I believe it is only a weekly flight, that also feeds into the length of the delay and the lack of any alternative arrangement made by them.

I'm sure that if the flight out to you had arrived as scheduled they would have then departed back to LGW as scheduled, sorting out where to land once they approached the UK.

It looks like you best way forwards now will be via AviationADR for your expense and compensation claim (if you decide to claim for it)

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • Harrison18
    • By Harrison18 12th Feb 19, 10:46 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Harrison18
    Yes, they did put us up in a hotel but provided nothing at the airport.

The worst part was the lack of information and representation from Eva Air. On the first night we should have departed at 21.20 and were eventually told we would be staying in a hotel overnight and to go to baggage reclaim.

They then disappeared and we were wandering around Heathrow at midnight trying to find someone. Eventually we asked a security guard who said he saw some buses waiting and pointed us in the direction.

We got to our room (we were one of the first) at 3am. Similar pattern the next day, we sat on the aircraft for 2 hours and then told to leave as the crews' flying hours had expired.
    • Walker70
    • By Walker70 14th Feb 19, 12:46 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Walker70
    Norwegian Air turn down claim due to drone
    Many thanks Tyzap

I have sent an email mirroring what you highlighted and they have come back and asked for clarification of the US Norwegian Air number I called.

I feel quite relaxed that we will get a positive outcome on most of our expenses (accommodation and food) which was not extensive.

Fingers crossed, I will update as and when, thanks again to you and the other contributors on this board.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,800Posts Today

9,451Users online

Martin's Twitter