247 Home Rescue Contract Complaint

Options

Comments

• Abarthgt
    Options
    Hi, Did you get it sorted it in the end? I have exactly the same problem, during a service they broke my boiler and now telling it's beyond uneconomical repair. I'm taking them to court.
  • AmarT
    Options
    I made a big mistake using 24/7 as a one of repair, I paid them £45 to diagnose the fault in my boiler and either repair it or give me an estimate of the repair.
    The engineer came the next day and said my main circuit board (PCB) needed to be replaced and because of the age of my boiler it was beyond economic repair.
    They gave me a price of £1800 to replace my boiler.
    I had to get another engineer to come and diagnose the fault with my boiler, the fault was in fact a faulty fan, he replaced the fan the next day and the boiler started working.
    I will never use 24/7 again, they have very dodgy engineers that are not properly trained to diagnose simply faults, they are only interested in the boilers age.
    The repair ended up costing me £320
  • GasEngineer
    Options
    I left their employment because of their practices and illegal activity.. They even ripped me off
    The authorities need to investigate and take action immediately.
  • 247homerescue
    247homerescue Posts: 128 Organisation Representative
    Options
    To all concerned,

As MSE is a forum which does not require direct reference numbers for specific cases, we would request that any 247 customer, both past and present, contact us directly at socialmedia@247homerescue.co.uk in relation to any queries or concerns expressed.

We will not entertain any verbal exchange without full accessibility to the facts.

Alice
    Social media manager
    247 Home Rescue
    Social Media Advisor

Verified Company
    We are verified representatives of 247 Homerescue. MSE has given permission for us to post in response to queries about the company so that we can help solve issues. You can see our name on the Verified Companies list. We are not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe we are, please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of the company or its products by MSE.
  • gebbione
    Options
    Hi, have you managed to get anywhere with 247, complain through trading standards/refunds etc?
  • PhylPho
    PhylPho Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    gebbione wrote: »
    Hi, have you managed to get anywhere with 247, complain through trading standards/refunds etc?

Sorry, it's not clear who you're asking. If it's Alice, the poster immediately preceding you, it'd be fascinating to learn what if anything she said about her employer to the Trading Standards department of the County Council serving her area.

But perhaps she didn't say anything. No "verbal exchange" at all. (What is it about 'social meeja' that's so laughable? Can't be its pretentiousness, surely. . .) :)
  • andrewsharron
    Options
    Alice from 24/7 what’s the point!! I even complained to the MDs office in complete despair and had the phone put down on me!!!

There is no other way of getting redress than by warning people off using you because it’s hitting a head against a brick wall with lies, hanging up, not turning up, condemning boilers and toilets that are perfectly fit for purpose (cua 2nd and 3rd opinions), not sending paperwork and certificates, being ridiculed on the phone by customer service. You send a complaint in by email as you request and get saying you e investigating and there’s no problem. You take it higher and you’re hung up on.

Don’t give me “you need the facts” - you had them time and time and time again and came back with ALL of the above. Even on Trust Pilot you lie and say you’ve attempted to get the facts when you damn well haven’t.

I can honestly say with 12 landlord policies you nearly brought me to a breakdown.
  • leftyy1
    Options
    I've had so many issues with 247 in the last 2 weeks.  They are not honoring the contract.  I've paid an excess for a policy that was sold as zero excess, I've been bullied into paying a security deposit. I am now being bullied again by being forced / threatened that my contract, which is supposed to be a rolling monthly contract, is now a 12 month contract.

They are not accepting my cancellation request and are quoting section 22c of the appliance terms and conditions (below is an extract of their cancellation TCs).  Firstly, 22b applies and i understand that i will not be refunded the premiums that i have already paid, but it doesn't mean that i cannot cancel! Secondly 22c doesn't apply to me because I pay DD monthly and haven't paid a fee upfront so a cancellation fee doesn't apply to me.  I really want to cancel my DD, but I afraid that it may have an impact on my credit rating etc.  It does say in the terms that i cancel the DD at any time

22. COOLING OFF PERIOD AND CANCELLATIONS We hope you are satisfied with the cover this service agreement provides. If this service agreement does not meet with your requirements please write to 24|7 Home Rescue within 14 days of issue (the Cancellation period) and we will cancel the agreement. Please note, only you or your authorised representative(s) should write to cancel. The cancellation period provided within your service agreement is inclusive of the statutory 14 days period which begins on the commencement date, or 14 days from the date you receive your service agreement documentation, whichever is the earliest. Please note you are entitled to cancel your service agreement at any time irrespective of whether you are paying by direct debit or have paid by a single annual payment. Please note the following terms:

a) Where your service agreement is cancelled within the cancellation period and you have not made an accepted claim (i.e. a claim which results in the attendance of an engineer to affect a repair) you will receive a refund of any fee you have paid to us.

b) Where your service agreement is cancelled either within or after the cancellation period and you have made an accepted claim your fee will not be refunded.

c) Where you have paid by way of a single payment providing cover for 12 months and have not made any accepted claim, if you cancel within the cancellation period your fee will be refunded in full. If you cancel outside the cancellation period and have made an accepted claim or have had an engineer’s visit (e.g. boiler service), you will be subject to a cancellation fee. The cancellation fee payable is £120 excluding VAT (£144). d) In any event you will need to pay for any non-protected service that you may have received.

• Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Just cancel your DD. A company with their record will never take you to court.
  • accorian
    accorian Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 September 2020 at 8:59AM
    Options
    leftyy1 said:
    I've had so many issues with 247 in the last 2 weeks.  They are not honoring the contract.  I've paid an excess for a policy that was sold as zero excess, I've been bullied into paying a security deposit. I am now being bullied again by being forced / threatened that my contract, which is supposed to be a rolling monthly contract, is now a 12 month contract.

As Cardew rightly says, go ahead and cancel your Direct Debit. And have no fear of civil court action : 24/7 would be mad to go to Court on the basis of  unenforceable unfair terms and conditions of contract: the last thing it needs is the lousy publicity arising from a Judge's condemnatory comments about its business practices. There's also the fact 24/7 management  is unlikely to be sufficiently well equipped to represent itself in a legal action, and would have to think hard about hiring in a trainee law clerk from somewhere, seeing as how stumping up the fees of a qualified solicitor might just be against its principles.

As long as a forum thread such as this persists, the impression will remain that 24/7 Home Rescue  is continuing to give every appearance of having been set up to extract from as many members of the public as possible as much money as possible in exchange for service of no value at all, and to obfuscate, wherever possible, its wilful actions and activities behind a blizzard of pseudo legal-speak -- as well as the kind of witless blather that appeared earlier on here from the fatuous "Alice, Social media manager", who for the standard of her work and amount of activity involved must be on all of £1.35p a week. :D

Go ahead. Cancel your Direct Debit. Do not communicate with 24/7 Home Rescue in any way, shape, or form. You have a life to live, and 24/7 Home Rescue doesn't qualify to figure anywhere within it.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback