Can’t get MSE on my iPad 2

2»

Comments

• googler
    googler Posts: 16,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    techquest wrote: »
    In 5.7.1 Privacy is under the Preferences tab.

The iOS version for an up-to-date iPad2 is 9.3.5.

In 9.3.5, there's a Privacy tab under Settings. There's nothing for Safari from there, though...
  • Undervalued
    Undervalued Posts: 8,844 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    If you have a more recent iOS device on the same account (phone or iPad) and install Chrome on that, the App Store should then let you download an earlier version on the iPad 2.

Once you have downloaded the earlier version successfully you can delete the newer version from the more up to date device.

Works in most cases but obviously relies on you having a more up to date device on the same Apple ID.
  • googler
    googler Posts: 16,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    techquest wrote: »
    Don't worry can happen to anyone at times.

can you tell us what version of safari your running?
    Top bar
    Help
    About

should tell you there

No "Help ... About" in the menu bar of Safari on my iPad2 ...
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    For any Safari settings in iOS 9.3.5 for iPad 2 the following link might be of use:

https://help.apple.com/ipad/9/#/iPad8ea0fc1a
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • googler wrote: »
    No "Help ... About" in the menu bar of Safari on my iPad2 ...

Thanks googler, guess iPads handle it differently. Sad because there was one here this afternoon but gone now.
  • techquest
    techquest Posts: 294 Forumite
    edited 10 February 2019 at 9:10PM
    20aday wrote: »
    For any Safari settings in iOS 9.3.5 for iPad 2 the following link might be of use:

https://help.apple.com/ipad/9/#/iPad8ea0fc1a

Looks like that should get to where is needed 20aday. Hopefully we'll get some further feedback.
  • lonestarfan
    lonestarfan Posts: 1,232 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks everyone. I ran out of time so shall have another go tomorrow.
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,899 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Been having a similar problem with three devices since Saturday (iPad 2 (iOS 9.3.5), iPhone X and iMac).

I never log out of MSE on any device but now when I go to open the site I am always logged out. I put in my log in details (which I know are correct) but am told 'invalid username or password'. I then have to go through the Forgot Your Password procedure to create a new password and I manage to get logged in. But the next time I try to open up the MSE site, instead of just opening up, I am logged out and the whole procedure has to be gone through again - creating a new password etc etc. It is exhausting just trying to use the site as a member!!!

Tearing my hair out here :mad:
  • I'm having the same problem. I was able to download an older version of Chrome on my iPad by installing it on another device first, but I still have exactly the same problem on Chrome on the iPad as I do on Safari. Just a blank page. Thanks for the suggestion though. Back to the drawing board! 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure