Plusnet shambles

Options
DieHard
DieHard Posts: 168 Forumite
edited 8 October 2019 at 7:54PM in Broadband & internet access
What an earth is going on with Plusnet? I tried to claim my Plusnet reward card which was advertised when I signed up and they claim it needs a code and that I need to supply them with a code.

I rang up to explain that I signed up using their own home page and there was no code and I am being told that there is no such deal on their own website even though the deal is currently running on their home page including a £70 reward card. Something very fishy is happening at Plusnet. The customer service rep I am speaking to is now trying to tell me that there is no deal for the amount I signed up for but he hasn't taken into account I pre paid the line rental? This is going to be so frustrating.

When did Plusnet turn into this? Where they don't even know what is going on at their own website or what contract their customers have?

Comments

• bill888
    bill888 Posts: 248 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    fwiw, I suggest you register and raise a query on the Plusnet forum. The CS agents on the forum are usually more helpful than by telephone or live chat in my experience.
    https://community.plus.net/t5/Forum/ct-p/Forum
  • annhan
    annhan Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have also had an issue with the rewards card, they claimed they sent me an email with details on how to apply for the card but no email was received!
  • mnbvcxz
    mnbvcxz Posts: 382 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/faqs/cashback-and-vouchers/

I followed the details above. I waited ten working days and then called the suggested phone number. They said they could see I was due a card and the instructional email must have been eaten as spam.

They then registered the card for me instead and it duly arrived after about ten days.

I suspect there are invisible spam filters on much of our email to which the reward card email looks exactly like spam so we never get them. Its a flaw in the system.

If they don't admit you are due a card then thats another issue. I took a screenshot of the offer page. You can also try the archive website to see if there is cached page of the offer.

You may have to be pushy though.
  • DieHard
    Options
    They are actually telling me there was no online deal when I signed up. They also told me there was no deal offered currently when there actually is. I contacted customer services via social media to explain the issue and point out that customer service agents probably cannot even see the deals on their website.

They got back to me and acknowledged there actually was a deal online now this time but then went on to say just because there is one now doesn't mean there was one when I signed up and actually there wasn't one, I am mistaken - like I have imagined the whole thing. That wasn't the point of screenshots anyway, my point to show that customer services can't actually see the deals not that they don't exist.

I was talking to someone about this and they suggested I try an internet archive site called wayback archive. I used the site and it didn't have an archive of the day I signed up but it did have a snapshot of the day after I signed up with an offer on the Plusnet homepage offering a £60 reward card, exactly the amount I said they were offering when I signed up.

I am waiting for them to come back to me to say that is not proof there was an offer on the day I signed up but I know there was an offer. I having been saying it was £60 before I even knew about the wayback website. At the moment the offer is £70 and the week before I signed up it was £65 so it is not like I could have guessed the amount of the reward card.

The most galling thing about all this is I showed them there was the possibility that they just couldn't see the offers not that I was wrong but they have come back twice now saying I am wrong and fully expect them to say the same thing a third time.

If this is the only way they can get customers - by offering cash incentives that they then deny were even on their website when you try and claim them then I would urge anyone thinking of singing up to them to think twice.
  • DieHard
    Options
    mnbvcxz wrote: »
    https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/faqs/cashback-and-vouchers/

I followed the details above. I waited ten working days and then called the suggested phone number. They said they could see I was due a card and the instructional email must have been eaten as spam.

They then registered the card for me instead and it duly arrived after about ten days.

I suspect there are invisible spam filters on much of our email to which the reward card email looks exactly like spam so we never get them. Its a flaw in the system.

If they don't admit you are due a card then thats another issue. I took a screenshot of the offer page. You can also try the archive website to see if there is cached page of the offer.

You may have to be pushy though.

Sorry mnbvcxz I have just seen your post where you suggest the same thing - going to the archive website. I have done exactly that but they didn't archive the day I signed up, just the day after. It is definitely a flaw in their system but also a flaw in their customer service approach that results in them calling the customer a liar.
  • DieHard
    Options
    Just a quick update on this. Plusnet have provided a solution. I was quick enough to post this when it wasn't going well so only fair to post when they did sort it out as well.
  • cashmonger
    Options
    They were just fine for me in the 12 months I used them. No complaints. I only switched to get a new cheap deal and since going to post office I get internet outage usually once per day :( in the evening even after the technician came round he couldn't find a problem.

But I am moving soon so no biggy :)
  • SheharRyes
    Options
    This problem with Plusnet Reward cards is still going on. I see they are still advertising them as an incentive. This is a con, in my book. I contacted them today and they say there is no record of my being due a card. I did not follow it up at the time (last November) as it said it would not be activated/ sent out / claimable for 3 months. I will certainly think twice about renewing my contract next time. I cannot fault their technical support which has always been good.
  • poundsNpence
    Options
    I've had no problem at all after signing (via MSE) to Plusnet in March (maybe the switch was initiated in Feb). A couple of weeks after the switch completed, I received the email asking me to claim (I regularly check my spam folder, but can't recall if it went there or not). Claimed straight away, and the card arrived a few days ago. The instructions with it are to activate it within 3 months, which is easily done on the purecard website and you can then track your spend there as well.
  • chippy2u
    chippy2u Posts: 320 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Signed up with Plusnet a couple of months ago. Didn't know about reward cards until I recieved one (£50) in the post. Just followed the online sign up and hey bingo all set up. Happy days!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback