MSE Poll: Which stores do you LOVE or LOATHE?

Poll started 17 September 2019
Retailers love us to have a relationship with them. Indeed, many feel an almost intimate connection with some brands, but wouldn't be seen dead crossing others' thresholds. So let's see…

Please pick up to FIVE that you love and up to FIVE that you loathe...
Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below.

If you haven't already, join the forum to reply.

Thanks! :)

Comments

• jasdev
    jasdev Posts: 112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Interesting choice of poll, that definitely merits discussion!

Loathe Amazon because they game the global tax system, drive local bookshops and retailers out of business with their competitive advantage, treat staff terribly, and more. (Also good reminder to me to check out a subscription to Ethical Consumer magazine.)

Love Waterstones for being someplace I can wander around and lose myself in a book for a few minutes before adding to my extensive collection of unread, new books.

Love John Lewis because of their customer service, in-store experience, range of products, and partnership model.
    We have removed your signature - please contact the forum team if you are not sure why - Forum Team

• jasdev wrote: »
    Loathe Amazon because they game the global tax system, drive local bookshops and retailers out of business with their competitive advantage, treat staff terribly, and more. (Also good reminder to me to check out a subscription to Ethical Consumer magazine.)

Love Waterstones for being someplace I can wander around and lose myself in a book for a few minutes before adding to my extensive collection of unread, new books.

Waterstones (along with the now defunct Dillons), probably drove far more local bookstores out of business in the 80s and 90s than Amazon did in the 00s and 10s.
  • Rusty_Shackleton
    Rusty_Shackleton Posts: 473 Forumite
    edited 19 September 2019 at 2:34PM
    Loathe anything and everything owned by that disgusting bag of meat-paste, mike ashley.

I have a weird love/hate relationship with Amazon - love the service, prices and product range. Loathe their tax arrangements (although that's actually the fault of the govt.) and the way they treat their staff.
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,275 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    When I lived in London my BF and I used to go Harrods frequently. Their perfumery department was divine and their cafes excellent.

We very rarely spent any money though!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport