MSE News: TSB customers STILL unable to use online banking after weekend upgrade

Comments

• IanManc
    IanManc Posts: 2,083 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Mchambers wrote: »
    ask for compensation

Why have you never suggested this before?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • Fingerbobs
    Fingerbobs Posts: 1,640 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    fabsaver wrote: »
    Clicked to go back to my accounts and was thrown out completely with the following message:
    The server is temporarily unavailable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later

You are not thrown out at that stage. Just reload the page and you're back where you were.
  • hard_slog
    hard_slog Posts: 25 Forumite
    to be honest I've been lucky and not had too much trouble. wages went in on Friday and hopefully bills will go out on 1st but my credit card seems to have disappeared totally - maybe it's been lost in the big switch :j
  • fabsaver
    fabsaver Posts: 1,275 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Mchambers wrote: »
    Complain via email and ask for compensation Reckon TSB will give default compensation for anyone that complains.
    I will don't worry ;)

I've been saving screenshots of all the error messages to back up my complaint.
  • fabsaver
    fabsaver Posts: 1,275 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Fingerbobs wrote: »
    You are not thrown out at that stage. Just reload the page and you're back where you were.
    Thanks I'll try that next time.

Seems to be a pointless exercise at the moment though. I can't actually make any payments because my password is apparently too long or too short :(
  • katjavm
    katjavm Posts: 3 Newbie
    I made 5 phone calls and incurred 11.40 GBP worth's of charges. Going to try and claim that back. After that I'm going to keep my spare change in an old sock under my mattress :-(
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,257 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    hard_slog wrote: »
    to be honest I've been lucky and not had too much trouble. wages went in on Friday and hopefully bills will go out on 1st but my credit card seems to have disappeared totally - maybe it's been lost in the big switch :j

Mine is lost too.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,552 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Last night screen froze- wouldn't let me complete transactions, not even letting me log out.
    Today?
    "The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

For goodness sake- this is more than a week since their IT was 'updated!!' - certainly not for the better..............
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • HornetSaver
    HornetSaver Posts: 3,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 1 May 2018 at 5:37PM
    While acknowledging (but personally disagreeing with) the repeated assertions of one poster about people's over-reliance on online banking, standing orders going wrong are another thing entirely - issues with standing orders suggests a problem not exclusive to online banking.

I'm fortunate that my TSB Classic Plus is in essence a savings account (the interest pays my VED and subsidises my TV licence). But the likes of me are very much tolerated due to complying with the account's T&Cs, rather than the type of customer that TSB ideally wishes to attract and retain. The people really affected by this are people who were attracted to TSB due to the switching bonus but intend to use the account normally. People who set up a new account with TSB due to the interest rate or proximity to the branch, or indeed started with Lloyds TSB and ended up as TSB customers. Small business account holders. These are exactly the sorts of people that TSB needs to look after the most, as they'll make far more money out of them than they'll ever make out of me.

My question therefore, is does TSB's commitment with respect to fees and charges in April now extend to May? Because even aside from the "moral dilemma" of how close to a deadline you should leave payment and what level of responsibility you should take if the answer is "very" and something goes wrong, we're nine days past the scheduled completion of this work. The phone is a time-intensive and stressful medium of conducting banking at the best of times, and TSB branch managers have gone on the record in describing the situation in branch as "horrendous". Any issues customers have are quite likely to take more than an hour to resolve, i.e. they're unlikely to be able to do it on a work-day.
  • HornetSaver
    HornetSaver Posts: 3,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    hard_slog wrote:
    beanielou wrote:
    Mine is lost too.

Before this all happened, TSB were bombarding my internet banking screen trying to encourage me to take out a credit card. Feel like a bit of an idiot for skipping past that page now. :rotfl:

But jokes aside - and I am of course assuming that in your cases it's an IT issue rather than permanently irretrievable data (sorry) - what sort of backup systems do banks have in place for data lost from one source? Not asking specifically about TSB here, but as a general question.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure