2 for 1 cimema deal

If you get DLA you can get a CEA card which gets 2 people in for one at cimema's. Only takes about 2 weeks to arrive and costs £5.50 and lasts as long as your DLA award is.

I know not everyone can go to cineama but even if you only use it once or twice you make your money on it.

http://www.ceacard.co.uk/
TOTAL 44 weeks lose. 6st 9.5lb :T

Comments

• zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    That's interesting, thanks for this - I thought it was an annual pass that had to be renewed every year?

Someone else pointed out that some cinemas will give a free companion pass without needing to get the CEA card, so worth checking with your local cinema first (though the pass saves the 'embarassment' of having to ask everytime, especially if you don't look 'disabled' to the casual observer)
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • Annieuk75
    Annieuk75 Posts: 399 Forumite
    That is a good idea, but in some cases you don't even need to spend money on the card. My husband is registered blind and has a registration card. All he has to do is show proof of his disability at the cinema and his carer (usually me) gets in free.
  • philnicandamy
    philnicandamy Posts: 15,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    My CEA card has a expiry of three years from date of application....
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • Hi
    my son is disabled and gets his dla so he has a cea card cost £5 for the year , I then took out the unlimited card £11.99 a month in his name , we do not have sky etc so make a point of going to the pics a couple of times a week usually early afternoons its been worth it for us , he can go a see a film when ever he wants and to be honest it does get him out of the house .
    also the unlimited card gives you 25% off soft drinks .
  • If you have an obvious disability (my sister has Down's and is clearly so) some of the multiplexes don't need the card. I took my sis to see Batman in the summer in Swansea Vue and just asked for the disabled rate, she payed a cheap rate, and I got in for free. She really enjoyed the film too.
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Thats brilliant, as it all helps out, even though Im on crutches, I have still been asked "are you disabled" - x
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • I too have a CEA card and often take my grandson to the cinema and only have to buy one ticket. We are both movie fans and its great to be able to take him out for the afternoon just the two of us. He is almost 13, and is such a good lad, and helps me get my shopping or changes my library books if I can't get out when the weather is bad its my treat for the both of us
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    mum2one wrote: »
    Thats brilliant, as it all helps out, even though Im on crutches, I have still been asked "are you disabled" - x
    To be fair, they might be trying to distinguish between 'long-term disabled' and 'short-term injured'.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    If you have an Orange mobile phone you can text the word "FILM" to the number 241 and they will text you a message which you show at the cinema on Wednesdays and you can get in 2-for-1. This costs 35p each time you use it.

As this is not an offer specifically for disabled folk you could use it if you have a temporary disability.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • Jenna
    Jenna Posts: 460 Forumite
    Just to add to allydowd's post - if you phone 241 from an Orange phone, they will send you the text ticket free of charge!

Thanks for all the info on the CEA card, I wasn't aware of that at all xx
    Target debt - Loan left over from previous relationship - c. £3700
    “Courage is found in unlikely places” — J.R.R. Tolkien
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills