how much?? for new boiler fitted

Does anyone have any idea how much it should cost to have a new boiler fitted. I currently have a hot tank in the bathroom, cold one in the loft. I was thinking of getting a combi boiler and getting rid of the tank in the bathroom.

My current boiler is about 12-15 years old. I know it's a bit vague as it probably needs surveying to get a proper price, but a rough idea of how much to pay for a boiler and how much to pay for labour would be a start.

Thanks for any help.

Nickynoo1
16/06/16 £11446 30/12/16 £9661.49
01/08/17 £7643.69

Comments

• plumb1_2
    plumb1_2 Posts: 4,395 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    1k-1.2k depends on how the system is piped up and make of new boiler.
  • We have just had a floor standing boiler circa 30 years old replaced with a trendy and big combi boiler. This required removal of tanks, new holes in walls (granite of ocurse!). All in £1850. It was a Vokera Linea 735 and we are very happy with it so far, though we ahve not had a gas bill since it was put in 8 weeks ago.

Your plumber may want to negotiate the VAT and save you some extra.
    She slashed every one of us
  • RedOnRed
    RedOnRed Posts: 1,190 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Your plumber may want to negotiate the VAT and save you some extra.

Be careful negotiating the VAT. If you don't pay it, it's normally on the condition that you don't get a receipt, which usually leaves you with no proof for recourse if anything goes wrong.
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Just had a Chaffoteaux & Maury Britony Combi SE, 3 secondhand radiators and a Triton power shower fitted for £1400, but that was by my sons grandad so costs were kept down ;) By all accounts the combi is a better bet than the condenser but if you DO want one, you'll have to be quick as regs are changing next year!
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • RedOnRed
    but that was by my sons grandad so costs were kept down

Er, would that be by your dad then?
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic

Er, would that be by your dad then?
    Er, nope! My ex's father!!
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • RedOnRed
    Er, nope! My ex's father!!

Ever since you sent this reply i've been getting continuously hit by the e-mail notification for it. I have received them non-stop since and am still getting them which has effectively become a DOS attack.

Please tell me it's just an unfortunate technical coincidence??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure