PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread Pick'n'Mix 13th October 2019

Options

Comments

• BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Morning all

Late in today, woke up feeling pretty rotten so am having a slow start. DH has gone out for the day, I was hoping today would be a productive one but I have zero energy so am not sure what I will get done. First load of washing is swished, bedding stripped and ready to go in. I am remaking the bed but have had to sit down halfway through as I feel quite dizzy... not good

I think I will finish making the bed and then have a rest, maybe I will perk up a bit later on.

Hugs to all x
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,019 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Go steady Badcat xx Join me in HH:coffee: & further decluttering of magazines.

1st WM load now draped on radiators and airer
    amount of remaining drying space calculated
    2nd load swishing
    WUDUPA :T

Now this is a novel experience: 11am on a Saturday and not a dirty pot in sight and not a skerrick of recycling waiting to be rinsed / washed / torn up. :D

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Valli wrote: »
    morning all

message from DD; she wants to come home so I suspect she's feeling a bit down - or worse. She is, I assume, en route.

JJTF Manager needs to go back to complainant and ask for specifics. My gut feeling is you're good at your job and they're worried.

The madness may be over, colleague expected to return to work on Monday. Fingers crossed she does and she can cope - or I'll get called in.

Today, however, despite the fact I have a cold and have almost lost my voice I need to clean and tidy. I do feel better than I did, though. I've already put stuff in each of the four bins, including the compost bin. And I have rehomed gibble, and abandoned footwear - mine.

That makes sense, actually, as he asked me what one of the other people doing a similar job does... and I have been getting great feedback from the senior staff I actually work with on a day to day basis - well, if you count 'Why on earth did your last place let you go? They were stupid' as good feedback [strike]plus I refuse to shout at anybody and have made it clear that I won't tolerate anybody doing it around me - which would be seen as a criticism of somebody doing a similar job to mine[/strike].

Oh well, never mind, I'm sure that there will always be something to moan about and whilst Himself is also gainfully employed, all bills are pretty much covered if the worst happens (which I think is somewhat unlikely when they admit they were struggling to fill the post) [shrug].
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Anyhow...

Hung up dark load.

Bulbs planted and hidden in the coolest, darkest corner of the living room. I'm not about to wait until January for them, but they do get quite weak when you let them come up straight away, so I thought I'd try it, hoping they'll be coming up just about in November when it's getting dark and miserable/wet. Got Tete a Tete daffs and some baby Irises, both of which have lovely colours when it's all a bit grey and miserable.

Cleaned the table off. Removed cat. Cleaned where he had sat. Turned my back. Turned back. Removed cat. Cleaned where he had sat.

Stripped bed.

Vacuumed downstairs.

Stuck whites load on. (Just beeped, so need to get them out)

Sorted throws out. Cat is now delicately decorating them with his presence.

Squirted cleaner on the bathroom. Should really go and rinse it off once I've taken the washing out and hung it up.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,664 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »

I have had a bit of a meltdown at school.. so.. Dot has an appointment with the Ed Psych on the 6th for the start of the ADHD/ASD assessment.. I didn't even speak to the SENCo.. she absolutely hates me, this shows to what degree she hates me.. lol.. I caught her out in epic lies and went straight to the head and reported her and she was disciplined for it.. so I'm not popular.. I did also question the appropriateness of someone quite so overweight discussing a 'healthy diet' with the children, while troughing biscuits and doughnuts and I am not joking!... I put it across in a nice way, not quite so bluntly, I'm no twig myself but neither I nor she are qualified in dietetics.. so they now have the school nursing team come in to do the talks. Anyway, 6th November.. hopefully we will finally start to get her some understanding. In the meantime I need to write a list of her weirdness.. thats a LOT of paper!

PigpenTried to PM you but your inbox is full. If it helps you gather evidence/ ideas, I use the DIVA questionnaire when I'm assessing AD(H)D. You should be able to Google it.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Sending hugs and love to you Jazee xxxx
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,664 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Jazee hugs and as others have said, look after yourself.
    Valli congratulations to DS, hugs to DD.

Lovely here today so after various and repeated phone calls from some of my family which are not worth going into, Mr N and I have started tidying the front garden with various sharp implements. Needs serious re-designing as we've been here 30 yrs and many plants have outgrown their space and/or got straggly. We don't plan to stay here forever and need to consider things being a bit lower maintenance.

Out to do a bit more in garden while Mr N visits his Mum.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Afternoon all

Feeling a bit better but still not 100%, have cleaned the bathroom, been to Mr Ts and run a couple of errands then did some more washing. DH home earlier than expected so he is now hoovering the house.

I’m going to shuffle some more laundry and then I think I will sit and relax for a few hours. May pop out for a walk to get a little fresh air while the sun is out!

Posivibes, hugs, GWS vibes being dispensed as needed x
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 19 October 2019 at 5:14PM
    Options
    More *healing vibes* for your OH, Jazee.
    JJtT, if there isn't a written dresscode that you'd be made aware of during your no-doubt extensive induction programme I'm not sure why any manager in any organisation would entertain a complaint from anyone. What a silly nonsense.
    Fabby kittens, Piggers. There won't be much knitting in your household for some time. (The little tabby is the spitting image of Twiggle.)
    Your DD probably wants to just be at home, rather than anywhere else for a day or so, Valli.

Lodger left this morning and I've got two coming in tomorrow, so the superking needs turning around and the shower room needs a scrub.

Help! In the meantime I've been making Christmas mincemeat and I've made a bit of a boo boo. I've added the brandy while chucking everything else in, but I should have added it after baking it in a slow oven for three hours. Does anyone have any thoughts about whether that's a bit of a mistake, or a complete disaster? I don't want it catching fire in the oven.
    Better is good enough.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi friends,

I am watching tv and drinking wine. The most stressful week I've had in a very long time. Laundry drying in front of log burner, DH cooking dinner, I am actually relaxed for once. Watched some of Parliament, got very cross, turned off.

Ordered a dehumidifier and a new airer, it's been a long time coming! Have lovely evenings all, thinking of you Jazee xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure