PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge - part two

Comments

• Have a tub of "cury to use in soup" out of freezer and packet of roasted mushrooms so goodness knows what I will do with thise. Think I will get chicken portion out but will try to have a look in other freezers now I can walk a little,
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,551 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Using up the cauliflower which is lurking in the fridge to make a cauliflower and blue cheese soup for lunch.

Using up the LO beef stew with some cannellini beans added to stretch it. Will have with some mash.
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Didn`t use the fish yesterday opted for a quick curry using one of the dogs chicken thighs. Use the fish today with chips.
    Went Aldi for eggs.
    IN: 4 LGE battered fish.
    OUT: 2 chicken legs
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • Made Impossible Quiche, used really tiny home grown tomatoes that have been on the windowsill ripening, bottom of the fridge mushrooms and onions, some ham from Christmas 2018 but it didn’t look inviting so that went in the dogs, instead some frozen sliced mixed peppers. Quiche cut into cubes for lunch boxes next week.

Added beef stock cubes to leftover bolengaise topped with mashed potatoes, voila! Another two dinners, no room in freezer, will have for Monday and Tuesday dinners.

Out: L/O ham, 1/4 bag mixed peppers
    In: 0
  • Had roasted mushrooms on toast for lunch yesterday, lovely, cooked chicken kebab makings in SC - will have tomorrow, maybe with oven chips. The curry thing will be today, will put some pl yog into cool it down I hope, neighbour cooked a load of rice for me yesterday some have portioned for freezer so will get one out. If it too hot will still eat as much as possible and treat myself to open a tin of fruit for pud, may even open some evap milk to go on it, will use the other halves for my breakfast porridge.
  • pamsdish
    IN:0
    OUT: Pheasant pieces.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,551 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Getting some smoked haddock and sweetcorn kernels from the freezer to make a smoked haddock and sweetcorn chowder for lunch.

Will be using up some of the LO chicken with chips, beans & tomatoes for dinner tonight.
  • Previously home cooked sausages and caramalised onions, carrots tp gp with a potato for mash and ball of spinach. Now will need to buy more carrots, almost out of peas, out of sprouts which is why the spinach.
  • pamsdish
    IN: Loaf of bread
    OUT: 2 Slices belly pork.
  • Previously cooked chickpeas and taken from freezer a few days ago so will check and may do chickpea and spinach curry + rice from freezer. Have taken out some fish fingers so will have either for lunch or if curry is a fail then will have with freezer chips for dinner instead.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback