Fibromyalgia/hypothyroidism,etc.

Hi, I've been reading with interest, some of the comments about fm. I have been treated for breast cancer for two years with surgery, 6 months' chemotherapy and 4 weeks radiotherapy. In between the chemo and radiotherapy I had MSSA (Staph)/Septicaemia, for which I had 2.5 weeks in hospital with over 50 infusions of very high powered antibiotics. Nothwithstanding all of that, it was not until 3 weeks later when I started having radiotherapy that my problems became much worse. Half way through my radiotherapy, I suddenly became crippled all over with pain in every joint and could not walk unaided. 14 months later I am still crippled with pain and still need crutches and a wheelchair, though no-one can explain to me what happened. I've been diagnosed with hypothyroidism, fibromyalgia and arthritis, but no-one can explain to me how my disability came on me so suddenly. I also suffer with chronic fatigue, but apart from all the other things, I think the constant pain contributes to this. Has anyone else had an experience similar to mine, i.e. sudden disability brought on by radiotherapy or other cancer treatment?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure