Disabled? Jump The Queue at Primark

I've noticed that the Primark in Oxford Street has a till for disabled customers, pregnant mums etc, which saves you queueing.

There were about 3 million people in the queue, so I showed my appointment card (I have breast cancer, and look fine on the outside, but get tired very quickly), and was able to jump the queue.

If I'm in a shop and there's a very long queue, and I feel tired, I find that if I go to Customer Services, most are only too willing to help. If I'm feeling OK, I don't bother, but there is a lot of help out there for people who may not be visibly disabled - but you have to ask. I think that's fair enough, and I was a bit embarrassed asking the first time, but I got over that quite quickly!

Sandra Scarlett

Comments

• zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks for the tip - I was in Primark at the weekend and had to send my sister to pay for my purchases as I couldn't have stood in a queue like that for long enough to reach the till. I'll know better next time.

If I have to go out and I'm not feeling strong (not weight-lifting strong - but you know what I mean) I always take my stick with me. It isn't so much that I need to lean on it to walk, and when I get exhausted it isn't much help to me anyway - BUT it is a useful visual clue to people that this apparently fit and healthy young(ish) woman is disabled.
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    We don't have that system in Primark in Birmingham but when I go to pay, I always take the escalator or lift to the basement where the kids and homewares stuff is located nad pay there. For some reason the queue is shorter, there are more staff on the tills and things just move more quickly. I have come to the conclusion that its because they don't want a store full of screaming kids hence more staff on the tills to move people out of the store:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure