Side Hustle - Query

Options
Hi guys,

In a bit of a unique situation, basically I'll be working from home for the forseeable future.

I should have 3-4 hours spare per day and was wondering if there was any worthwhile side hustles doing?

I'd be looking to make between £20-£100 a day doing this.

Just wanted any advice?

Comments

• droopsnoot
    droopsnoot Posts: 1,758 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have a read down this section of the forum - there are many, many threads with ideas and discussions of those ideas. It's very difficult to suggest anything specific for you, as we have no idea of your capabilities or knowledge.
  • Ngozi
    Ngozi Posts: 175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Be plenty of temp xmas jobs soon.

Other than that, hammer match betting until you get banned.
  • seatbeltnoob
    seatbeltnoob Posts: 1,311 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ngozi wrote: »
    hammer match betting until you get banned.

For a living? As a sole income?

I'd hate to be the guy who lives off matched betting and has mountains of bills to pay at once. It would be too tempting for them to just make a blind bet.

Next thing you know OP is living in a cardboard box drinking white ace.
  • iarniee
    iarniee Posts: 96 Forumite
    Options

I'd hate to be the guy who lives off matched betting and has mountains of bills to pay at once. It would be too tempting for them to just make a blind bet.

Doesn't sound like such a bad idea!
  • SarahLu
    SarahLu Posts: 118 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options

Could be wrong but it sounds like the OP just wants a top up rather than a sole income? I've been matched betting for a few years now and would definitely recommend it.
  • seatbeltnoob
    Options
    Sorry I missed the bit about side hustle. I thought OP was looking for a work at home opp inbetween jobs.

Marched betting could be it, but I would prefer to take my destiny in my own hands and set up an e-business. Work for yourself, if you have a skill you can offer, set up a freelancer profile and get clients from social media.

Nobody likes to say how much they actually make from matched betting, when pressed some have said after a year of doing it they had enough to put towards a holiday. I take it to mean perhaps 1k to 2k after a year. It seems like a lot of time investment for just 2K.

I have done graphic design and branding in the past. I've had a single client who paid 2 grand for their work which was probably 3 days of solid work, spready over 2 weeks of consultions, design briefs, drafts etc.
  • MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I can assure you that working from home is NOT unique by any means. And if you DO manage to earn your top figure each day, don't forget that you will have to register as self-employed, if you haven't already. 'side hustles' sound a bit dodgy to me!
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
  • Anthony673
    Options
    There's a lot of options on the internet, I had good experiences make ends meet with freelancing on Fiverr for simple jobs like data entry. Now I'm getting much more stable income by flipping on eBay/Amazon. I'm sure you'll find a solution, best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure