Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Indie Kid
    • By Indie Kid 6th Jan 14, 1:31 PM
    • 21,629Posts
    • 29,326Thanks
    Indie Kid
    Things that made you smile
    • 6th Jan 14, 1:31 PM
    Things that made you smile 6th Jan 14 at 1:31 PM
    We have a what's irritating you thread, and I think we need a thread for things that have made us smile, etc.

Me - well, we have a puppy who is now 8 months. I let her out this morning and was hoping to keep the door open for her to come in. But it was too windy. I was stood by the door waiting for her, expecting to see her come down the steps.

I then heard a tap at the door. She'd come down the steps, which I hadn't seen and tapped to be let in. She also taps to go out.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - 75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 80.25
Page 4
    • oreocookie
    • By oreocookie 13th Jan 14, 3:10 PM
    • 136 Posts
    • 10,341 Thanks
    oreocookie
    Taking my bunnies to the vets tonight, and fingers crossed everything will be ok, then I can relax and smile.
    • JonEBoy
    • By JonEBoy 13th Jan 14, 3:13 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 1,744 Thanks
    JonEBoy
    Buying something for 32 on Friday and selling it for 60 on Saturday. Made me smile :-)

Jon
    • welshbookworm
    • By welshbookworm 13th Jan 14, 5:12 PM
    • 2,677 Posts
    • 6,893 Thanks
    welshbookworm
    Finding the last candy cane of Christmas.
    The first one I've managed to eat - my son has eaten all the others
    The best portion of your life will be the small, nameless moments you spend smiling with someone who matters to you.
    • preable
    • By preable 13th Jan 14, 5:15 PM
    • 2,041 Posts
    • 1,327 Thanks
    preable
    Eating this sandwich mmmmm
    • EchoLocation
    • By EchoLocation 13th Jan 14, 8:26 PM
    • 795 Posts
    • 1,399 Thanks
    EchoLocation
    Thieved from elsewhere on the web, can't help but smile.

• devonlad
    • By devonlad 13th Jan 14, 10:47 PM
    • 3,097 Posts
    • 8,224 Thanks
    devonlad
    a fart in a lift
    The word about the scammers is spreading like marmite here in the westcountry.
    We workers all love it and the ppc hate it
    • torbrex
    • By torbrex 15th Jan 14, 8:57 AM
    • 61,883 Posts
    • 124,626 Thanks
    torbrex
    Payday
    and I got 50 more than I was expecting
    • tommix
    • By tommix 15th Jan 14, 9:33 AM
    • 39,432 Posts
    • 152,553 Thanks
    tommix
    My Partner sunbathing on the Beach at Clacton, she looks like a half peeled Rooster potatoe.
    • torbrex
    • By torbrex 16th Jan 14, 12:56 PM
    • 61,883 Posts
    • 124,626 Thanks
    torbrex
    I went a new route on my walk today and the quantity and volume of the songbirds took my breath away, I don't know if it was my being there that sparked them off but they certainly were making their presence known.

Spring, here we come
  • archived user
    Today we had a training day as our shop is getting a refit. The first thing that made me smile was the regional manager telling me she was really impressed with my attitude today and asked if I had considered undertaking training geared towards management, the second was one of my managers writing "Beki really knows her job" and telling the other managers I was good at it, and she too asked me if I'd considered senior sales training.

Had to say I was humbled that they felt I had the potential considering I've not even been there a year yet. Currently I'm not sure I'm ready for it but I at least now now it's always a possible option for the future
    • Indie Kid
    • By Indie Kid 23rd Jan 14, 10:56 AM
    • 21,629 Posts
    • 29,326 Thanks
    Indie Kid
    That's lovely

What made me smile yesterday - seeing a friend I've not seen for ages.
    50p saver #40 20 banked
    • torbrex
    • By torbrex 7th Feb 14, 3:41 PM
    • 61,883 Posts
    • 124,626 Thanks
    torbrex
    I have just seen my very first Chaffinch feeding in my garden today

I thought I saw it yesterday but it flew off before I could get my book out and check the markings.

It was a female and was feeding on the overspill underneath the seed feeders
    I don't know how common they are this far north (Fife) but in over 7 years of putting out bird food, it is the first one that I've seen. I wonder if there is a male around the area somewhere and I might get a chance to see that as well
    • itsanne
    • By itsanne 7th Feb 14, 6:25 PM
    • 4,530 Posts
    • 10,677 Thanks
    itsanne
    I have just seen my very first Chaffinch feeding in my garden today

I thought I saw it yesterday but it flew off before I could get my book out and check the markings.

It was a female and was feeding on the overspill underneath the seed feeders
    I don't know how common they are this far north (Fife) but in over 7 years of putting out bird food, it is the first one that I've seen. I wonder if there is a male around the area somewhere and I might get a chance to see that as well
    Originally posted by torbrex

We had a sparrow hawk making short work of something (dove? ) at the bottom of the bushes behind our feeders this afternoon. There's not much left of whatever it was!
    • Indie Kid
    • By Indie Kid 7th Feb 14, 8:38 PM
    • 21,629 Posts
    • 29,326 Thanks
    Indie Kid
    Sat down earlier and one of the dogs had sat down on the floor in front of the sofa. The puppy then decided she was going to sit on the sofa behind him and put her feet around his neck.
    50p saver #40 20 banked
  • stix62
    I had a 20meter x 500mm roll of large bubble bubble wrap delivered today. That made me smile because of what it's intended for.

It's for my 18mnth old grandaughter to run all over popping the bubbles at the weekend when I'm on babysitting duties. She loves that
    • torbrex
    • By torbrex 7th Feb 14, 9:55 PM
    • 61,883 Posts
    • 124,626 Thanks
    torbrex
    We had a sparrow hawk making short work of something (dove? ) at the bottom of the bushes behind our feeders this afternoon. There's not much left of whatever it was!
    Originally posted by itsanne
    I regularly see birds of prey while driving around Fife but seldom get the chance to see one close up.
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 7th Feb 14, 10:05 PM
    • 15,537 Posts
    • 59,190 Thanks
    joansgirl
    I regularly see birds of prey while driving around Fife but seldom get the chance to see one close up.
    Originally posted by torbrex
    There are a pair of birds of prey that circle my estate and the nature reserve opposite. I'm not into birds at all so have no idea what they are but somebody said they were Red Kites. They fly quite low and when my dog was a tiny puppy one of them got a bit too close for comfort to her.
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...
    • gallygirl
    • By gallygirl 7th Feb 14, 10:17 PM
    • 16,783 Posts
    • 110,598 Thanks
    gallygirl
    There are a pair of birds of prey that circle my estate and the nature reserve opposite. I'm not into birds at all so have no idea what they are but somebody said they were Red Kites. They fly quite low and when my dog was a tiny puppy one of them got a bit too close for comfort to her.
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    They are scavengers so only eat carcasses etc. Make sure she doesn't have a nap when they're about .
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    Mortgage Balance = 0
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
    • torbrex
    • By torbrex 7th Feb 14, 10:21 PM
    • 61,883 Posts
    • 124,626 Thanks
    torbrex
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    I saw some Red Kites when I was in Wales a few years ago, I have some photos somewhere
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 7th Feb 14, 10:22 PM
    • 15,537 Posts
    • 59,190 Thanks
    joansgirl
    They are scavengers so only eat carcasses etc. Make sure she doesn't have a nap when they're about .
    Originally posted by gallygirl
    She's fully grown now and weighs a ton. I don't think they'd take her on. She certainly couldn't be mistaken for carrion as she wriggles about too much
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,336Posts Today

4,876Users online

Martin's Twitter