ADVICE - Making a BACS payment ?

stylus360
stylus360 Posts: 448 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 7 November 2019 at 12:42AM in Budgeting & bank accounts
Hi All

I am looking to get van insurance an this has come up cheap for me, i got to the part of promo code and googled it and Quidco do £45 cashback.

The only problem i can see is that it needs to be paid via BACS payment, i have googled it and i would not be covered when using my Nationwide CC.

So do i pay using BACS with another current account that allows it or do i just ignore Quidco, pay with my Nationwide card with cover and 1% cashback.

Any thoughts?

https://www.quidco.com/insure-2-drive/?ucb=9a0555b08841d73802681b4ed167227b

EDIT - Looks like you have to be logged in to view the terms/conditions....But no doubt ALL of us on here are!!!!!

Thanks

Comments

• Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    edited 7 November 2019 at 3:25AM
    Yes you do have to be logged in and as I have no intention of signing up can't really help.
    You googled a promo card and quidco came up? Where did you get this promo code from?
    If you have to be logged in to see the terms and conditions and they say you have to pay by BACS what was it you had to google to determine that you wouldn't be covered if you used your Nationwide CC?
    Why pay with another current account? A CC is not a current account so don't get where 'another' current account fits in at all.
    And why BACS? Why not direct debit or faster payment? Sounds very odd to me.
  • stylus360
    stylus360 wrote: »
    Hi All

I am looking to get van insurance an this has come up cheap for me, i got to the part of promo code and googled it and Quidco do £45 cashback.

The only problem i can see is that it needs to be paid via BACS payment, i have googled it and i would not be covered when using my Nationwide CC.

So do i pay using BACS with another current account that allows it or do i just ignore Quidco, pay with my Nationwide card with cover and 1% cashback.

Any thoughts?

https://www.quidco.com/insure-2-drive/?ucb=9a0555b08841d73802681b4ed167227b

EDIT - Looks like you have to be logged in to view the terms/conditions....But no doubt ALL of us on here are!!!!!

Thanks

https://imgur.com/a/BBmUYiu
  • Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You don't pay Quidco when you use them - other than your membership fee. BACS being your selected Quidco payment method refers to the money they pay you. You must take the commission as a payment to your bank account, not as vouchers.
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Nebulous2 wrote: »
    You don't pay Quidco when you use them - other than your membership fee. BACS being your selected Quidco payment method refers to the money they pay you. You must take the commission as a payment to your bank account, not as vouchers.

Exactly this. I believe Topcashback have the same stipulation.

You're going to have to jump through their hoops I'm afraid, there's no such thing as a free lunch.
  • stylus360
    I presumed so, i have used both Quidco and topcashback for years and have over £400 off them.
    Not bad for clicking their link.

Cheers
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    i have used both Quidco and topcashback for years and have over £400 off them.
    stylus360 wrote: »

The only problem i can see is that it needs to be paid via BACS payment
    As an experienced Quidco user, you should know that you don't pay the merchant through Quidco. It also doesn't say that you have to, for this merchant. All it says you must get Quidco to pay you via BACS. Which makes absolutely no sense as the merchant wouldn't know which of the options you will eventually choose to withdraw your earned cashback. You might want to raise this with Quidco, or you might do what I would do and just ignore it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure