A and L

Comments

• Scratch that, the form works in IE if you click on the apply online link at http://www.alliance-leicester.co.uk/mortgages/index.aspx?ct=primarynav You then get a choice of mortgages in a dropdown, rather than the one you chose in a text box.
  • i phoned them yesterday and the girl did say that this is a genuine offer,she seemed to know all about the offer and infact booked me in for an appointment to open up the premier account which you need to qualify and has sent the doccuments[should get them on tuesday]would be very dissapointed if this was wrong.maybe best to phone guys.
  • Good stuff. I'll call them on Monday. I just hope the valuation for our house turns out OK. Exactly the same house as ours, but in a less favourable position, is currently on sale for about £10,000 more than the 65% threshold we'd need for the mortgage, so hopefully we'll be OK.
  • good luck and keep us posted as i will .when i recieve the documents i will inform you all
  • cbrpaul
    cbrpaul Posts: 756 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Good deal that tempting, but im thinking others will start to follow suit soon , !!!
  • cbrpaul wrote: »
    Good deal that tempting, but im thinking others will start to follow suit soon , !!!

Let's hope so - but what is interesting about this deal is that the percentage (3.99%) is the same (or similar) to other lenders, e.g. HSBC and Abbey - but they are attracting customers with the offer of no fees (no arrangement fee and free basic valuation).

Does this mean that 3.99% (or thereabouts) is as low as it gets for 5yr fixed deals?
  • figgyroo
    figgyroo Posts: 103 Forumite
    AntiLochus wrote: »
    Let's hope so - but what is interesting about this deal is that the percentage (3.99%) is the same (or similar) to other lenders, e.g. HSBC and Abbey - but they are attracting customers with the offer of no fees (no arrangement fee and free basic valuation).

Does this mean that 3.99% (or thereabouts) is as low as it gets for 5yr fixed deals?

That's what I was thinking as well because I've noticed the Cumberland is also offering a 5yr fixed at 3.99%, 60% LTV, £795 arrangement fee.
  • AntiLochus
    AntiLochus Posts: 78 Forumite
    figgyroo wrote: »
    That's what I was thinking as well because I've noticed the Cumberland is also offering a 5yr fixed at 3.99%, 60% LTV, £795 arrangement fee.

Regarding the Cumberland mortgage:

"This mortgage is only available to customers who live in our branch operating area."

Never heard of this stipulation before! :D
  • cbrpaul
    cbrpaul Posts: 756 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    3.99% maybe as low as a 5 year deal could go, who knows ? , but i think the trick here at the moment , is the " No fees " deals , they will all want to attract customers now and lock them in for 5 years, better to have lots of customers on a cheaper offer than not many on a more costly deal.

Im giving it another couple of months at least to wait and see what others make of the " NO fees " deals now appearing on fixed deals, to get new customers through the door.

Without customers your not in business !!!

Im sure they all realise this is what people are now starting to look for !!!
  • my thoughts as well regarding fees as i said earlier,% rates, well,who knows? just got my paperwork in and arranged to open this prem account at local branch ,branch guy says theyve been busy opening these accounts.cheers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure