Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• luv_my_brass
    Options
    My sister has now received a bill for £750 and I think this is wrong. It has taken 2 years to sort out this problem, 2 years of stress to an ill and elderly person. They should be writing off this bill AND compensating her.:mad:
    if i had known then what i know now
  • luv_my_brass
    Options
    Smodlet wrote: »
    One thing I have noticed, being a relatively new Eon customer, is that every time I send meter readings, the botty algorithm thing tries to change my DD amount to what it "thinks" it should be. The algorithmbot thing has no idea what I usually spend on energy; I do, having decades of experience (and taking into account fluctuating rates; I've already done those calculations)

I am not prepared to increase my DD amount so I accumulate more and more credit whilst already in credit by more than one month's payment. Why should I? I am just waiting for the day Eon increase my DD because they think my account balance will go into debit. So what if it does? It's winter! (Or it darned well feels like it here) So what if my account goes into the red in the cold half of the year?

Either it will right itself in the Spring or I will pay the shortfall. Why should Eon earn the interest on my credit balance instead of me?

Because this is what they do:( I am currently with Bristol Energy, and originally they had a graph which showed how much you were paying compared to how much (less) you could be paying. The graph has disappeared as they said folk got confused with it - when in fact,they understood it only too well;)
    if i had known then what i know now
  • PennineAcute
    PennineAcute Posts: 1,161 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    One thing I have noticed, being a relatively new Eon customer, is that every time I send meter readings, the botty algorithm thing tries to change my DD amount to what it "thinks" it should be. The algorithmbot thing has no idea what I usually spend on energy; I do, having decades of experience (and taking into account fluctuating rates; I've already done those calculations)

I am not prepared to increase my DD amount so I accumulate more and more credit whilst already in credit by more than one month's payment. Why should I? I am just waiting for the day Eon increase my DD because they think my account balance will go into debit. So what if it does? It's winter! (Or it darned well feels like it here) So what if my account goes into the red in the cold half of the year?

Either it will right itself in the Spring or I will pay the shortfall. Why should Eon earn the interest on my credit balance instead of me?

Yes, I set mine according to the DD calculation of my spreadsheet and update it montly.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for this, Malc.

My WHD has now been paid into my account, so my account is well in credit.

Just a query, as I keep track of everything on my spreadsheet, I have a near spot on value of what my credit is at any time and how much I will approxiamtely have to pay up and to the tariff end day.

As things stand, at the moment (taking into consideration that my WHD has been paid) I have apprxoimately £120 left to pay. My Student money is due within the next couple of weeks. So what would happen if I set up a direct debit back up (to get the lower prices) and then pay off the £120. Would my DD be set to zero and be readjusted if my estimate is out, or is there a minimum figure that the DD has to be?
    Yes, I set mine according to the DD calculation of my spreadsheet and update it montly.

Morning PennineAcute and good news on the Warm Home Discount. Glad you've received your payment.

You can set up a new Monthly Direct Debit now and pay the lower charges. We'll set the payments based on these lower prices and how much energy you've used over the past 12-18 months. Our aim is to achieve as near as possible to a zero balance by the annual review.

It's possible to make one-off payments if you wish. We'll re-calculate the monthly amount as above as we look for a zero balance. We carry out quarterly reviews to make sure accounts are on track for this. Changes are only made at the 6 and 12 month reviews. At the other times, we'll let you know if we think your payments should change and leave it up to you make any amendments.

These changes can be done on our website through your online account. Also online, you can use the Direct Debit Manager to keep on top of things and, if necessary, change the monthly payments (up and down) to match different circumstances.

Hope this explains PennineAcute. Let me know if you need any more information as happy to help.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi Malc

I raised it via the executive office so unless there is somewhere higher I guess I’ll have to wait ! I’ll chase it next week as conscious it’s been half term etc

This wrong wording is still going out to customers despite the exec office and of course yourself and the relevant areas knowing it’s outright wrong and misleading .... tells me all I need to know about eon and once my contracts up it’s unlikely I’ll ever return .

Totally understand Greenenergy.

The advisor looking after your complaint will let you know the situation. If they're unable to resolve it, they'll advise about the Energy Ombudsman as I mentioned on Friday.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Options

Hello Smodlet and don't worry. We don't try to change your monthly payments each time you enter meter readings. The online messages you see are recommendations only and are based on the information we have at that specific time.

When customers switch to us, we receive various pieces of information from the previous supplier. This includes the Average Daily Consumption (ADC) figures. These show the daily consumption for each month and are generated by using all the usable meter readings for the past 12-18 months. The more readings given, the more accurate the ADC.

Payments are reviewed quarterly and, if necessary, changed only at the 6 and 12 month points. At the other times, we'll let you know if we think a change is needed and leave it up to you to make any amendments. Our aim is to achieve as near as possible to a zero balance by the annual payment review.

As Monthly Direct Debits are based on past usage, they're only ever estimates of future consumption as we realise circumstances change. As above, these predictions improve the greater the frequency of readings. Smart meters help here as these can increase the amount of actual readings on accounts.

The online Direct Debit Manager I mentioned to PennineAcute earlier is designed to help customers take more control of these arrangements. Through this tool, they can react to significant events like a major lifestyle change or a particularly harsh winter and amend their payments to suit.

Overall, we try to prevent too much credit or debit building up as we aim for zero balances. Generally, the longer customers are with us and give regular readings, the more accurate payment arrangements ultimately are.

Hope this is of interest Smodlet. Please let me know if you need any more details as happy to help.

Malc
    Options
    My sister has now received a bill for £750 and I think this is wrong. It has taken 2 years to sort out this problem, 2 years of stress to an ill and elderly person. They should be writing off this bill AND compensating her.:mad:

Hello luv_my_brass and I replied to a couple of similar posts a few weeks ago - please see posts #1422 on 3 October and #1451 on 18 October above.

I speculated then that your sister may have been the victim of an Erroneous Transfer (ET) with another supplier taking her account by mistake. Can I ask a few questions please?

Can you confirm this was an ET and, if it was, whether or not the account has been returned to us?

If an ET, does the bill she has now received cover the period whilst her account was with the other supplier? Also, has the other supplier returned any payments your sister might've made to them?

Additionally, as I mentioned in post #1422, please ask us about the 'Back-Billing' rules. Whether they apply, will depend on the circumstances behind this very late bill.

Sorry for all the questions luv_my_brass. Trying to understand where this is at.

Malc
  • Greenenergy
    Options
    Had this back about my smart meter wording complaint today - needless to say I’ll be referring to the regulator :

The tariff you are on with Eon, is subject to acceptance of being contacted to have a smart meter installed. This term is part of the tariff conditions when you agree this plan, this is why we are communicating the many benefits of smart to you now.
    If this isn’t something you don’t want at this time, this is fine. If you could confirm the reason you wouldn’t like to have a smart meter at this time I will ensure we record this reason on your account.

As tariffs and terms and conditions are a business decision we've registered your dissatisfaction and marked this matter as closed.
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Had this back about my smart meter wording complaint today - needless to say I’ll be referring to the regulator :

The tariff you are on with Eon, is subject to acceptance of being contacted to have a smart meter installed. This term is part of the tariff conditions when you agree this plan, this is why we are communicating the many benefits of smart to you now.
    If this isn’t something you don’t want at this time, this is fine. If you could confirm the reason you wouldn’t like to have a smart meter at this time I will ensure we record this reason on your account.

As tariffs and terms and conditions are a business decision we've registered your dissatisfaction and marked this matter as closed.

Hi, Greenenergy (is there not a provider with that name?)

Is what you wrote verbatim because I interpret it as a double negative? I would not put this past Eon at all, having seen the standard of their written communications when you switch to them.

"If this isn’t something you don’t want"??? Ergo it is something you do want...

At this moment in time, I would not put anything past Eon; no wonder they need the online presence they have.
  • Greenenergy
    Options
    Ha there might be but I am not a company ! That is verbatim from eon . They know the wording is misleading as they are sending out messages that say “ when you signed up to your energy tariff you agreed to have a smart meter fitted “ which is nothing like what the contract actually says - shocking that they consider the case closed . As mentioned I’ll be getting the deadlock and referring to ombudsman , I hope others will do the same .
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback