Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• I have just abandoned the MSE switch to these idiots.

Firstly they ring me to say they want a £400.00 deposit for both Gas and Electricity, I tell them to cancel the transfer as they not not getting a deposit. A couple of hours later I ring to check and they haven't cancelled it. This is slamming and illegal. Then I speak to their complaints resolution and it is cancelled. They tell me that I was given the wrong information and that no deposit was required. By this time I have spend enough time on the phone and require it cancelled. Then the idiot who who incorrectly told me that I needed a deposit sends me an email out of the blue to tell me that there was an error and that they are taking over the supply on 6 November. I have to email back twice to advise that the contract is cancelled and that is the end of the matter. The emails I was sent contained senisitive credit rating information. For a total of an hour of wasting my time they offered £15.00.

A few years ago I had a similar problem with them when I first moved into the property. The meters needed changing from pre-pay to credit. E.on wanted a £400.00 deposit. Another suppler replaced both of them for a one off payment of £110.00. There attitude is entitled and always someone else's fault. I have not had this problem with any other supplier. MSE may want to consider if they want to continue attaching their brand to this lot if others have had problems. In the first instance they had to put a contra entry on my credit file because they couldn't be bothered spelling my name correctly and the computer did not "pick that up".

Suggest you tread carefully.

BB
  • Please raise a formal complaint- it’s clearly wholly misleading and wrong . It’s been two weeks with nothing other than initial contact about my complaint , and with those wrong messages still going out clearly eon aren’t interested in actually addressing this .... ombudsman soon !
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Smodlet wrote: »
    To PennineAcute, I am sorry you have had this experience but please, think before you cancel DD's to any supplier as doing so can adversely affect your credit record, to say nothing of losing you your relatively favourable rates from your energy supplier.

Malc, please correct me if I am wrong but I am fairly sure I read this on this site all the time. I really hope Eon can be persuaded to make an exception in this circumstance; I would ask, were I you, PennineAcute.

NPower were relatively amenable to reasonable requests; so far, I have found Eon less so. In fact, it is like talking to robots on the phone by comparison. Malc really does seem to be the human face of the company which is why I believe his presence here has such value. Eon really need to step up their game on the customer service front, imho.

Hello Smodlet and many thanks for the kind words. They're much appreciated.

When a Monthly Direct Debit is cancelled, any outstanding debit balance becomes due. This will only impact credit scores if another arrangement hasn't been set up and the balance is overdue when we share with the Credit Reference Agency.

From PennineAcute's later post, it looks like we've been able to sort something suitable.

Hope this explains Smodlet. Please let me know if not clear as happy to help.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Hi Smodlet. On my initial phone call, I asked what would happen if I canceled it myself, and they said nothing, as it the represented DD failed, their system would cancel it anyway.

The only downpart is that as from 4 November, my SC and UP rise. Been in touch with them since, and I can set up the DD again from the 4 November.

Although some of the EON people have told me incorrect info, on the whole, I cannot fault EON with the way it has been handled. They have listened and gone out of their way to help

Zog on the other hand have been a nightmare. Had to make sure there was money in for their DD, otherwise they were going to hit me with late payment charges. I understand they are running a business, but there has to be some leaway.

Edit
    ____
    Re credit check. Good point, but would assume that this would be the same as me asking to move to paying cash instead of DD.

As soon as I get my money through, they can have my £30 from the missed DD, if they really want it.

Hello PennineAcute and glad we've been looking after you.

With the credit check, please see my reply to Smodlet above.

When you come to re-set the Direct Debit, any missing payments will be taken into consideration and the monthly amount adjusted accordingly. The aim is to achieve as near to a zero balance as possible by the annual review.

Thanks for your perseverance with this PennineAcute.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    johnson293 wrote: »
    Its not just the text messaging that lagging behind, as I received another letter through the post last week from E.on once again advising that I'd agreed to have smart meters fitted as part of my tariff.

It of course went straight in the recycling. :mad:

Hello johnson293 and you're right, the incorrect messaging covers letters too.

We've included these letters in our feedback and have asked for alterations in line with our posts on MSE.

Unless you decide to go for smart meters, please keep recycling any further letters. If you wish, you can contact us and raise a formal complaint about these messages. As part of the resolution, our Outcome Management team will agree either a temporary or long term opt-out. We might still be in touch at some point if there are significant developments we need to make you aware of. It's just that the timings of this contact will be adjusted.

I'm sorry about these unwelcome letters johnson293.

Malc
    BigBun wrote: »
    I have just abandoned the MSE switch to these idiots.

Firstly they ring me to say they want a £400.00 deposit for both Gas and Electricity, I tell them to cancel the transfer as they not not getting a deposit. A couple of hours later I ring to check and they haven't cancelled it. This is slamming and illegal. Then I speak to their complaints resolution and it is cancelled. They tell me that I was given the wrong information and that no deposit was required. By this time I have spend enough time on the phone and require it cancelled. Then the idiot who who incorrectly told me that I needed a deposit sends me an email out of the blue to tell me that there was an error and that they are taking over the supply on 6 November. I have to email back twice to advise that the contract is cancelled and that is the end of the matter. The emails I was sent contained senisitive credit rating information. For a total of an hour of wasting my time they offered £15.00.

A few years ago I had a similar problem with them when I first moved into the property. The meters needed changing from pre-pay to credit. E.on wanted a £400.00 deposit. Another suppler replaced both of them for a one off payment of £110.00. There attitude is entitled and always someone else's fault. I have not had this problem with any other supplier. MSE may want to consider if they want to continue attaching their brand to this lot if others have had problems. In the first instance they had to put a contra entry on my credit file because they couldn't be bothered spelling my name correctly and the computer did not "pick that up".

Suggest you tread carefully.

BB

Hello BigBun and I'm sorry you've had such unpleasant experiences with us.

You were right to complain as we shouldn't be asking for security deposits where they're not necessary. Also, different advisors shouldn't be giving conflicting and wrong information.

Sorry again for the upset and inconvenience we've caused BigBun.

Malc
    Please raise a formal complaint- it’s clearly wholly misleading and wrong . It’s been two weeks with nothing other than initial contact about my complaint , and with those wrong messages still going out clearly eon aren’t interested in actually addressing this .... ombudsman soon !

Hello Greenenergy and I'm sorry we haven't responded to your complaint yet.

I'd suggest escalating this. If we're unable to reach a satisfactory resolution, we'll let you have a letter outlining our final position as well as giving details of how to approach the Energy Ombudsman for an independent review. There's more information about how we look after complaints on our website.

Sorry again our Complaint Manager hasn't come back to you more quickly Greenenergy.

Malc
  • PennineAcute
    PennineAcute Posts: 1,161 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Hello PennineAcute and glad we've been looking after you.

With the credit check, please see my reply to Smodlet above.

When you come to re-set the Direct Debit, any missing payments will be taken into consideration and the monthly amount adjusted accordingly. The aim is to achieve as near to a zero balance as possible by the annual review.

Thanks for your perseverance with this PennineAcute.

Malc

Thanks for this, Malc.

My WHD has now been paid into my account, so my account is well in credit.

Just a query, as I keep track of everything on my spreadsheet, I have a near spot on value of what my credit is at any time and how much I will approxiamtely have to pay up and to the tariff end day.

As things stand, at the moment (taking into consideration that my WHD has been paid) I have apprxoimately £120 left to pay. My Student money is due within the next couple of weeks. So what would happen if I set up a direct debit back up (to get the lower prices) and then pay off the £120. Would my DD be set to zero and be readjusted if my estimate is out, or is there a minimum figure that the DD has to be?
  • Hi Malc

I raised it via the executive office so unless there is somewhere higher I guess I’ll have to wait ! I’ll chase it next week as conscious it’s been half term etc

This wrong wording is still going out to customers despite the exec office and of course yourself and the relevant areas knowing it’s outright wrong and misleading .... tells me all I need to know about eon and once my contracts up it’s unlikely I’ll ever return .
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    One thing I have noticed, being a relatively new Eon customer, is that every time I send meter readings, the botty algorithm thing tries to change my DD amount to what it "thinks" it should be. The algorithmbot thing has no idea what I usually spend on energy; I do, having decades of experience (and taking into account fluctuating rates; I've already done those calculations)

I am not prepared to increase my DD amount so I accumulate more and more credit whilst already in credit by more than one month's payment. Why should I? I am just waiting for the day Eon increase my DD because they think my account balance will go into debit. So what if it does? It's winter! (Or it darned well feels like it here) So what if my account goes into the red in the cold half of the year?

Either it will right itself in the Spring or I will pay the shortfall. Why should Eon earn the interest on my credit balance instead of me?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback