Buffy Keeps on the Straight and Narrow

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Enjoy your night Buffster.
    Happy new summer house xxx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • badmemory wrote: »
    I think what you are going through after term has finished is just the same as it has always been. My father retired almost 40 years ago (when it wasn't quite so stressful) & my mother used to write off the first week after he broke up, whilst he had every cold & sore throat etc that he hadn't actually given in to during term time. When my sister started teaching she was exactly the same.

So it definitely isn't just you. I suspect a lot of your co-workers are going through similar but don't want to admit it. My sister retired almost 20 years ago & she said then it was getting much much worse. Anyone going into it thinking about how many working weeks & short working days is in for a very nasty shock.

Yes, weird but true. I feel a bit better now, got up early and did some stuff in the garden, not really had much of appetite but at least made a start on the garden and cleaned the animals out. They are very cute but not enjoying the heat.
    beanielou wrote: »
    Enjoy your night Buffster.
    Happy new summer house xxx

I am quite excited about it. But also hot and sweaty so being quietly excited!!
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Busy day, tip twice, shopping, visiting sister, more shopping, now watching Lucky Man.

Pondering a lazy spa thing.... I know, not very MSE. I just keep thinking life is too bloody short! and it would be lovely.......and well........why not..

Any how best get on with something. XX
  • beanielou
    Go for the lazy spa thingy.
    Life is indeed too short xxx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,875 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Seconding lazy spa thingy - did one yesterday and it was great.
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,249 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Do you mean one of those hot tub spas? We had one in a holiday apartment on the balcony one year and it was fab. I think you have to maintain them quite a bit - put chemicals in the water and stuff - but it would be a lovely way to relax and unwind. Glad you're getting your summerhouse :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Life is indeed way too short. I impulsively booked myself a 4 day trip in an isolated cottage in the Lakes with a hot tub at the end of summer. I've felt various levels of guilt but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't really looking forward to it. Enjoy!
  • beanielou
    Life is indeed way too short. I impulsively booked myself a 4 day trip in an isolated cottage in the Lakes with a hot tub at the end of summer. I've felt various levels of guilt but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't really looking forward to it. Enjoy!

Good :)

• I am quite down today. Which is so frustrating, as things are in reality going so well.

The facts are - am two days post period, so expect a low, haven't seen any of my friends for a week, I am hungry, tired, not slept for two days really as one of the dogs is ill. also various people are having babies and getting married and generally I can deal but I feel like now I am at the bottom of a mountain without much incentive to climb it.

Funny isn't it, when you stop and think about it, of course I am unhappy, I haven't done anything positive for days, Mum got super stressed when the builders where over and the dog got ill, so all my "happy plans" (BBQ next to the summer house etc) went out the window. It has just been a week of problem solving. We are also constantly worried about my sister.

I think because the dog has been ill I have been distracted from my list and not made any progress, just kept the basics going. The summer house came with broken windows, and they need sorting. However I am now free to set up outside accommodation for the animals. I cannot explain how much I need that. I miss my privacy so much.

I think I might try and put together some of the new furniture I bought a 100 years ago.

Also more work on the garden, will cost 400 pounds but have just paid out for the rabbits vaccinations, treatment for the guinea pig (hay poke!!) and had to pay for the dogs until the insurance pays me back.

We need a new cooker, random.......and paint.

right too hungry to carry on (bit dramatic!!) will be back later XXX
  • beanielou
    Can you ask your mum to chip in towards the cooker?

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure