IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Charge Notice from Care Parking at Aldi

12346»

Comments

• hmmmmm
    hmmmmm Posts: 25 Forumite
    Apologies for the length, and also, we use "Guys" to address men and women, I think it's a northern thing with american influences! But sorry if any offence was caused! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated on the appeal. Many thanks again!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I would not include those photos, they assist the PPC as they are readable and show they are on a lighting pole which the PPC might just say has a light that comes on half an hour later, etc.

To make this vital point jump out at POPLA, add to the heading:
    10. Violation of planning consent - 3 hours free parking is required to be offered
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • hmmmmm
    hmmmmm Posts: 25 Forumite
    What about just omitting the last one? To me 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 show that a) the car park is for customers and there are no legible associated terms, and b) its impossible to read the signs from where the car was parked. But obviously I'll take your advice if you're sure??

And yes, I will make the amendment to point 10. Thank you!

Other than that is it okay to send Coupon-mad?
  • Hi all,
    Can anyone advise me.
    I went shopping at Abakhans fabrics on corporation street Preston. Monday 22nd Jan 2018. I was only in the store 30 mins so had only been on the car park around 45 mins. On return to my car I had a ticket on my windscreen. Fine for £100 to be paid within 28 days. It indicated the reason as 'non patron'.
    I never left the retail park as I was only going for fabric.
    So annoyed.
    Can anyone advise me on my rights as this is so unjust and I think the ticket man is just putting tickets on cars in the hope that someone will have parked without using the stores on site. Is this practice legal?
    I do have a receipt of purchase aswell.
    Thank you
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Rock_melon wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Can anyone advise me.
    I went shopping at Abakhans fabrics on corporation street Preston. Monday 22nd Jan 2018. I was only in the store 30 mins so had only been on the car park around 45 mins. On return to my car I had a ticket on my windscreen. Fine for £100 to be paid within 28 days. It indicated the reason as 'non patron'.
    I never left the retail park as I was only going for fabric.
    So annoyed.
    Can anyone advise me on my rights as this is so unjust and I think the ticket man is just putting tickets on cars in the hope that someone will have parked without using the stores on site. Is this practice legal?
    I do have a receipt of purchase aswell.
    Thank you

You have posted on an old thread that belongs
    to someone else.
    If you want help, please start your own thread
    after reading the NEWBIES thread
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Abakhans fabrics is on the small shopping complex as the ALdi

when planning permission was granted back in 1999 , it was granted on the proviso that people could leave the site and use local shops , if care have cdecided to changev things , then preston counsil need to be informed , you can view a copy of the planning aplicarion online
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Thank you for your response. I today received notification from Popla that I had won my appeal.
    When I submitted the appeal which was for no patron - I submitted a copy of my receipt at Abkhans as evidence.
    I also indicated to them that as I had not left the site during my stay they had no evidence to support that I had. Just the operative documenting that he had seen a woman leaving the site and head towards the town centre.
    I informed them that the woman was not me and their evidence was flimsy and therefore could not prove anything.
    Thankfully Popla appeals are evidence based.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure