PPI Claim Form Questions

On a Lloyds PPI form that I received there's a question, how many weeks pay I would be entitled to if I was made redundant.

Another question is death in service, how much would be payable.
The PPI Claim is for about 20 years ago, I can't remember now what they would of been.
I would of got 6 months full pay and 6 months half pay at my work if I was off sick at the time.

Would it still be a requirement to answer those questions and if so would it affect the outcome of a claim?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Just put that you don't remember. Don't make anything up.
  • The letter I received from Lloyd’s with the form, states that the form doesn’t have to be returned but it would make looking into the claim easier. While I wouldn’t not send the form back, it seems to me that someone could inadvertently put something that could affect the outcome of the claim, even with the best intentions or is that just me?
  • [Deleted User]
    Probably just you.

I think most people would put what they could remember and leave what they can't.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    it seems to me that someone could inadvertently put something that could affect the outcome of the claim, even with the best intentions or is that just me?
    It is just you.

Filling the complaint form in as accurately as possible can only aid the complaint.

If, on the other hand, the complaint has no validity there is nothing to be gained from making anything up..
  • At the moment Lloyd’s are looking at four different loans to see if there was any ppi on them. They have said so far that one of the loans had PPI on it but couldn’t say what one.
    They said they need more information hence the form.
    The only thing is, the form can only be used for one PPI claim but I don’t know which loan it was intended for.
  • SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    While I wouldn’t not send the form back, it seems to me that someone could inadvertently put something that could affect the outcome of the claim, even with the best intentions or is that just me?

Equally, the disclosure of information that the bank is not aware of could turn a rejected complaint into an upheld one.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    the form can only be used for one PPI claim but I don’t know which loan it was intended for.
    So ask the bank?
  • I have had three successful claims over the last two or three years. I wonder why some claims ask for a form to be filled in and some don’t?
  • [Deleted User]
    Different firms have different processes for complaints. Claims also.
  • SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I have had three successful claims over the last two or three years. I wonder why some claims ask for a form to be filled in and some don’t?
    1) maybe they were auto-payouts
    2) maybe they identified a fault without the need to ask for more info
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family