47kg propane gas consumption

Hoping you wise people can help.
I have a holiday lodge that sleeps 4, (built to current NHBC standards) which is let out to holiday makers by Hoseasons. The management and costs are handled by the company that owns the development/land.
The lodge has two dedicated 47kg gas bottles, a combi boiler for heating and hot water. Electric for cooking. I do use the lodge, and in winter the settings are on medium.
The management company are charging me for TWO 47kg bottles every month despite not being fully let. I have asked them for proof- which they haven't provided.
This seems extortionate. I have googled it and the results confirm this, however, I do not know how to prove it. Perhaps you can share your experience? Any other information will be very helpful. TIA, Clare

Comments

• Mamahope
    Mamahope Posts: 12 Forumite
    In the coldest months in a previous property, we used up to 1 x 47kg bottle every 10 days (2 adults, 1 child). Combi boiler for heating, hot water and gas hob.

On the other hand, for just hot water - 2 bottles used to last us the whole summer (May - Sept inc).
  • stripeyfox
    stripeyfox Posts: 474 Forumite
    It does seem a lot, particularly in summer months, but I guess that's what the contract says and they presumably also take care of swapping the bottles and taking away the empties?
  • lovesgshp
    lovesgshp Posts: 1,413 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Depending on the insulation levels and heating temp etc, it is possible to use 2x47kg bottles every 2 weeks. Have experienced that myself.
    As Manuel says in Fawlty Towers: " I Know Nothing"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport