Options
    And new thread merged with the existing thread
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • katydo12
    katydo12 Posts: 134 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm loving Prolific at the minute! Although it does charge you to cash out at less than £20. I've made just over £20 in about a week and a half. However I'm not working at the moment so it's easier to see the surveys as soon as they come up on the site. They cash out quickly into paypal though.

Not so keen on Swagbucks to be honest it seems a lot of work for minimal reward and seem to get screened out over 9/10 surveys!

Also looking for other options thought!!
    on the road to recovery..:o
  • tonycottee
    tonycottee Posts: 1,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    katydo12 wrote: »
    I'm loving Prolific at the minute! Although it does charge you to cash out at less than £20. I've made just over £20 in about a week and a half. However I'm not working at the moment so it's easier to see the surveys as soon as they come up on the site. They cash out quickly into paypal though.

Not so keen on Swagbucks to be honest it seems a lot of work for minimal reward and seem to get screened out over 9/10 surveys!

Also looking for other options thought!!

I would only look at short surveys with Swagbucks. I do make £100's with them every year with minimal effort. Panelbase is decent. Also take a look at Newvistalive, Populus Live and YouGov for some longer term options.
  • spunkt
    Options
    I have been with valued opinions for several years and just recently not had any surveys sent me. I had £14.50 earnt and was unable to withdraw it for vouchers I emailed them and they sent me a email back which i found very rude and abrupt. Here is a copy of the email.

Hello G

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, the accuracy and attentiveness of your account activity has been flagged, and upon review of your account, we have been forced to suspend your account.

As a member of our program, you may only have one account, provide accurate profile information and survey responses. You must also be thoughtful and attentive in responding to our surveys. When we have concerns about any of these program rules, we are obligated to take steps to investigate and unfortunately suspend accounts.

We do not take account suspension lightly and do so only when account issues have been identified. At this time, your account has been indefinitely suspended and you will no longer be able to participate in surveys or claim rewards from our website.

Thank you for your understanding.

[FONT=&quot]
    Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,
    [/FONT]
    Aljun
    Valued Opinions

We’re sorry to hear you have had issues with your account. We are in the process of reviewing your account(s) now. We hope to get you your survey account(s) back in the next 7-10 business days. In the meantime, until you receive an update regarding the status of your account, we kindly advise you to avoid any attempts to access your survey account including clicking survey invitations received via email prior to deactivation.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation while we review your account. Thanks again and have a great day.

[FONT=&quot]

Kind regards,
    [/FONT]
    Aljun
    Valued Opinions

I tried to redem a reward for M&S and it said Resource Not Found - QSB0303-17 An unexpected error has occurred. Please contact us and report error code: QSB0303-17
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    spunkt wrote: »
    I have been with valued opinions for several years and just recently not had any surveys sent me. I had £14.50 earnt and was unable to withdraw it for vouchers I emailed them and they sent me a email back which i found very rude and abrupt. Here is a copy of the email.

Hello G

Unfortunately, the accuracy and attentiveness of your account activity has been flagged, and upon review of your account, we have been forced to suspend your account.

As a member of our program, you may only have one account, provide accurate profile information and survey responses. You must also be thoughtful and attentive in responding to our surveys. When we have concerns about any of these program rules, we are obligated to take steps to investigate and unfortunately suspend accounts.

We do not take account suspension lightly and do so only when account issues have been identified. At this time, your account has been indefinitely suspended and you will no longer be able to participate in surveys or claim rewards from our website.

[FONT=&quot]

Kind regards,
    [/FONT]
    Aljun
    Valued Opinions

We’re sorry to hear you have had issues with your account. We are in the process of reviewing your account(s) now. We hope to get you your survey account(s) back in the next 7-10 business days. In the meantime, until you receive an update regarding the status of your account, we kindly advise you to avoid any attempts to access your survey account including clicking survey invitations received via email prior to deactivation.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation while we review your account. Thanks again and have a great day.

[FONT=&quot]

Kind regards,
    [/FONT]
    Aljun
    Valued Opinions

I tried to redem a reward for M&S and it said Resource Not Found - QSB0303-17 An unexpected error has occurred. Please contact us and report error code: QSB0303-17

I dont think thats particularly rude myself.....

However I would also say "Valued Opinions" I have never found to be a particularly well paying survey site unfortunately.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • truffy
    truffy Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    I do online trading, freelancing, film music production even, but never yet been able to make at those surveys. might make this a task this year to make profitable
  • OtterNotter
    Options
    spunkt wrote: »

Hello G

[FONT=&quot]

Kind regards,
    [/FONT]
    Aljun
    Valued Opinions

[FONT=&quot]

Kind regards,
    [/FONT]
    Aljun
    Valued Opinions

I am in pretty much the exact same situation, banned without reason just given the same cookie cutter response, was halfway to cashing out again.

I was inactive on all the survey sites I use for about 5 months and this is the only one that has been a problem on my return.

This site is no longer a trustworthy site, stay well clear.
  • bigisi
    bigisi Posts: 925 Forumite
    Options
    Blah blah blah

This site is no longer a trustworthy site, stay well clear.

No thanks, they are still my most profitable survey site and have been for over six years, £1500+p.a. consistently.

With that email it sounds like you weren’t answering honestly or missing too many attention checks.

I’ll carry on with them thanks all the same :)
  • jow6
    jow6 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

Sorry not sure if this is the right place to post this. I need, as I imagine a lot of other people do too, more money and to increase my income. I am aware of surveys (although advice over the best sites would be appreciated) and of the Lionbridge thing (for which I have applied and am now waiting for the exam) but I was wondering if anyone knew of any decent, sustained ways of getting a little bit more money either online or otherwise. I am currently without a reference so it is difficult to get an actual job without doing some volunteering in order to get one (I am currently setting this up).

Any tips or suggestions much appreciated.

L
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 17 April 2019 at 4:07PM
    Options
    Hi,

I get between £150-£200/month doing surveys. My favourites are Prolific Academic and PopulusLive. Prolific Academic I find have the most interesting surveys and pay well, whilst PopulusLive usually send me a cheque for £50 for each month as their surveys pay well too.

Have a look at the MSE article Top 25 Online Survey Sites for lots of ideas.

Edit: And welcome to the forum. Good luck with the job-hunting and volunteering. I found volunteering was a gateway to learning new skills and sets you on the path to paid employment. :)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport