PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Selling our house - why aren't people viewing?

Comments

• Elfinpie
    Elfinpie Posts: 60 Forumite
    I think the house decor is lovely - yellow kitchen walls and all lol! There are 3 main points that would (personally) put me off:
    OIEO - simple buyer psychology... you want to feel like you're getting a bargain. OIEO loses that.
    Lack of garden privacy - immediate thought would be 'ooo price of fencing'. I'd get some cheap screening to fix that.
    And finally, kids rug in the lounge - if I was buying a family home I'd like some distinction between adult and child space. At the moment I would think there was none. :)
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    SG27 wrote: »
    Depends on the area. I just sold my house for £305,000. £95,000 more than I paid in 2013. Totally insane.

Can you post a link?
  • 00ec25
    00ec25 Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 20 July 2018 at 10:54PM
    Can you post a link?
    poor old Crashy, head buried so far in the sand he should be able to smell Australia

3 Bed semi
    5 years, 10 months, & 7 days
    price paid 2/7/12 £305,000
    price sold 9/4/18 £497,500
    price increase +63% or + £192,500 or £2,750 PER MONTH
    49, Newenham Road, Surrey KT23 4NH
  • 00ec25
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 21 July 2018 at 11:18PM
    argh yes, a classic non sequitur reply from Crashy. He asks for a link then ignores the response because it means he'd have to listen
  • paddyandstumpy
    paddyandstumpy Posts: 1,486 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    The perceived wisdom on here is that new builds lose value as soon as you buy them, and if you add Brexit and U.S pushing for rate rises I think you are being pretty ambitious with your pricing in this case.

Not all the time. We've just bought a 6 year old house where the previous (first) owners paid £85k less in 2012.
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 22 July 2018 at 10:02AM
    Not all the time. We've just bought a 6 year old house where the previous (first) owners paid £85k less in 2012.
    There's a big difference between 6 years of house price inflation and six months !
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    00ec25 wrote: »
    poor old Crashy, head buried so far in the sand he should be able to smell Australia

3 Bed semi
    5 years, 10 months, & 7 days
    price paid 2/7/12 £305,000
    price sold 9/4/18 £497,500
    price increase +63% or + £192,500 or £2,750 PER MONTH
    49, Newenham Road, Surrey KT23 4NH

That isn`t a link, and the post I replied to said they had JUST sold their house for 305,000, not sold it 6 years ago for 305,000?
  • 00ec25
    Combo Breaker First Post
    That isn`t a link, and the post I replied to said they had JUST sold their house for 305,000, not sold it 6 years ago for 305,000?
    i was not linking to their house, I was giving you the info you need to go look at one of thousands of properties which have increased in price over all the years you have been predicting a price crash. As ever, you refuse to take note of facts that disprove your stance

the house in my example sold 2 months ago having risen over the last 6 years, but of course you'll deny that, as prices are crashing according to you despite the evidence to the contrary
  • wesleyad
    wesleyad Posts: 754 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    00ec25 wrote: »
    i was not linking to their house, I was giving you the info you need to go look at one of thousands of properties which have increased in price over all the years you have been predicting a price crash. As ever, you refuse to take note of facts that disprove your stance

the house in my example sold 2 months ago having risen over the last 6 years, but of course you'll deny that, as prices are crashing according to you despite the evidence to the contrary

You could link house prices rises till your fingers bled and he'd still just move the goalposts , ignore, link completely unrelated article etc.

I don't know why you guys bother engaging with him. I mean, who is so invested in a crash that they call themselves "crashy time" and becoming a running joke (oo a house price thread, how long before crashy rolls in?).

The sad thing is, eventually there will be a crash/correction (naive to think there ever wont be), and he'll be gloating for years about how "right" he was.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure