Problems with Intelligent Finance

Options
Has anyone else suffered problems since Intelligent Finance forced us to reset all our passwords? I’m unable to log in. Every time I run out of attempts & have to ring IF & reset it all, again! It takes ages as they often have to do it twice. I have to go thru this process every time & they try to blame my mobile! Funny how I’ve logged on by mobile for the past 10 years without any hitches at all! Tonight I’m totally financially stranded as I can’t pay my bills as I can’t login but the company have gone home for the night! Lucky them! Def moving account! Any idea how long this process takes? I already have another account so just need to transfer all the direct debits & incomings etc.

Comments

• Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well, one of the things you could do is open an account with another bank and then do a switch using the CASS system which takes 7 days. They switch all the payments for you and redirect any for 36 months which would save you the hassle of contacting companies.
    You could switch to Barclays for the double Blue Rewards for 12 months (£11pm for 2 x DDs paid out)
    or Natwest for £100- they also have some cashback on household bills- but I don't know what exactly
    I'm sure there are other switching deals but as I have done them all I don't know the details
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • knightfox
    knightfox Posts: 355 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have the same problem I am now just keeping the account open to switch to another bank
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The flaw in both posts 2 and 3 is that it would appear that IF are not part of CASS in their own right (although if they share a banking licence with Lloyds they may be able to use the Lloyds CASS access). I also thought that IF provided savings accounts rather than current accounts, but it's possible that they were offered in the past.

https://www.currentaccountswitch.co.uk/banksandbuildingsocieties/Pages/banks.aspx#I
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Yorkshire_Pud Posts: 1,858 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I switched a IF current account two years ago, no problems:)

IF are a dead bank and want their customers to leave.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    agrinnall wrote: »
    The flaw in both posts 2 and 3 is that it would appear that IF are not part of CASS in their own right (although if they share a banking licence with Lloyds they may be able to use the Lloyds CASS access). I also thought that IF provided savings accounts rather than current accounts, but it's possible that they were offered in the past.

https://www.currentaccountswitch.co.uk/banksandbuildingsocieties/Pages/banks.aspx#I
    They did offer current accounts, and appear to offer CASS support via http://www.if.com/savings/transferexisting.aspx, where their documentation of the process for switching out one of their current accounts includes a link to the (old) CASS URL, which would be somewhat misleading if inapplicable!
  • RaspPav
    RaspPav Posts: 9 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Firstly, it is a current account & secondly, it doesn!!!8217;t surprise me that they want people to leave, they don!!!8217;t make them feel welcome that!!!8217;s for sure!!

I!!!8217;ve switched banks today!
  • rafikgaffar
    Options
    RaspPav wrote: »
    Has anyone else suffered problems since Intelligent Finance forced us to reset all our passwords? I’m unable to log in. Every time I run out of attempts & have to ring IF & reset it all, again! It takes ages as they often have to do it twice. I have to go thru this process every time & they try to blame my mobile! Funny how I’ve logged on by mobile for the past 10 years without any hitches at all! Tonight I’m totally financially stranded as I can’t pay my bills as I can’t login but the company have gone home for the night! Lucky them! Def moving account! Any idea how long this process takes? I already have another account so just need to transfer all the direct debits & incomings etc.
    IF website is terrible, I have been locked out of my account 10 timed in two months..it's been quite frustrating. I'm now closing my account now.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    IF website is terrible, I have been locked out of my account 10 timed in two months..it's been quite frustrating. I'm now closing my account now.
    I hope you are doing this by switching for a bonus.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure