Completely Crazy Clothes Challenge 2017

Comments

• *Jellie* wrote: »

Yeah- any more sewing plans?

thanks for asking Jellie! Yes It is one of my goals for 2017 to take sewing back up. I gave it up, not an active decision mind, when our gd came to live with us. She was only 11 months at the time and as I prefer to sew in the day with good light I never had the time. Now she's a bit older I'll pick it up again. I've seen a handbag I like but it's £40 and I've been thinking I could easily make it so when I find the material I like it's on!

Jeez though following a simple tutorial was hard after so long!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • somerandom
    somerandom Posts: 920 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 17 January 2017 at 4:16PM
    I'm quite frustrated with myself. I ordered a very nice looking cardigan from Jaeger online sale - reduced from £150 to £50. It was a bargain but I can't say I really needed it. When I tried it on - as nice as it was it wasn't a particularly flattering shape so I am returning it. But it cost me £7.98 in postage delivery & return - as someone who normally buys from Charity Shops that's quite a significant amount. I am adding it to my total to teach myself a lesson not to buy on a whim - especially without properly checking postage / return charges..... :mad:

oh & 4 brand new pairs of socks from a CS for £1.00
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • I spent around £25 for a set of lingerie, although I was given the money to get a present for myself. I'm not sure if this counts, however, I updated my signature!
  • I spent around £25 for a set of lingerie, although I was given the money to get a present for myself. I'm not sure if this counts, however, I updated my signature!

for me, points, vouchers, cashback, gifts are all neutral and not included in my totals :D
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • i definitely need this thread... i buy way too many clothes! i think i'll go with a budget of £240 for the year and a bonus of £50 per stone lost (need to lose 2)
    CCCC #33: £42/£240
    DFW: £4355/£4405
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    I spent around £25 for a set of lingerie, although I was given the money to get a present for myself. I'm not sure if this counts, however, I updated my signature!

I don't have a budget but I personally wouldn't count a voucher given as a gift since you had no control over being given the voucher. I have a Pandora voucher OH bought me for xmas - I wouldn't normally buy jewellery for myself but I have no choice with the voucher so it's not a spend I can control (if that makes sense) .
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,423 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    i definitely need this thread... i buy way too many clothes! i think i'll go with a budget of £240 for the year and a bonus of £50 per stone lost (need to lose 2)

Welcome to the challenge, I've given you number 33.
  • Today I bought a long evening dress heavily beaded for a cruise dress £5 and a jumper for £2 both from the cs. I have also bought full price 2 tee shirts ready for the summer and both in a size smaller than I have been wearing £30. Have only lost a few pounds so far but it is going in the right direction and I am ready to let 3 pairs of too big trousers go to the cs.
    All that clutter used to be money
  • Woolly hat - 99p - CS
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • Got a £40 coat for my daughter was reduced down to £9.99 and hopefully will last her till her next xmas I did buy it with growing room and its from a outdoors shop the material looks like it will cope with cold and rain so hopefully versatile enough for the uk weather.

Also picked her up a pair of very sparkly shoes that were reduced down to 7.99. I am trying to only buy her one pair per shoe size at the min as her feet are growing so quick and it seems such a waste.

so 17.98 spent so far
    :pDesperately Determined to Destroy the Debts one at a time.. and Seriously Save for the Spectacular future.:p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure