PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No T Words mentioned at all - a fresh start

Comments

• VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,954 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Lyn I have tried googling it, but all I seem to get is "mud rescue in the Medway" and different shaving creams.

Perhaps if someone happens to read this they might help, I wonder if VJs Mum might have any idea.

Candlelightx

Ooh, hello - you called? LOL :p

Never 'eard of it, i am afraid. I will ask on FB. it isn't something we had at school - gypsy tart though, now you're talking. I have never managed to cook it right myself. We had a middle school reunion a couple of years ago where they served it up - delish!

Still busy, still failing to keep up with everything. Story of my life.

Hope everyone is well and has a lovely easter.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • VJs MUM, I am glad I am not the only one who hasn't been able to make it quite right. Perhaps if we found a school cook from kent she might tell us. I am sure it is a Kent dish because I had never heard of it.

Candlelightx
  • FTM, my goodness you have been so busy.

As you say Annie is in the right place, I know you will still worry about her and the twins, but she hasn't got long to go now.

Poor Simon, how worried he must be, I so hope no such drastic action need be taken. Medical science has come on in leaps and bounds now, I am sure there must be an alternative.

It sounds as though you are going to have plenty of produce during the summer , time, me thinks to start emptying the freezers:), I do so love the smell of warm tomatoes in the greenhouse.

Have a lovely Easter all of you, and I know you will let us know when the twins are born.

Good news for Fionna:j

Much love

Candlelightx
  • Hi Lyn,

It sounds as though you had a lovely time with the Zebra child. He must look quite grown up now with his first proper haircut.

It is still extremely windy here and I am off out tonight to have a meal with the girls I worked with, celebrating friend's 70th birthday. I know I sound odd, and I love seeing them, but I would much rather stay at home tonight. I am sure I will enjoy myself once I am thr.

Lyn have a lovely time with DD, and I am sure a little pampering will be going on, knowing you.

Did you see VJsMum's reply, we might yet have a recipefor Medway Mud and shaving cream!!!!

Much love

Candlelightx
  • Woohoo!!! let's get cooking! Yes we had such a lovely time and Zebra does look like a proper little boy now, he was very good at the barbers too Neil took him when he went to get his own hair cut, so cute! I'll definately be giving a little pampering to Nell though, she has a new A level sylabus and has to write new lesson plans and coursework too so I.m taking over as chief cook and bottle washer for the duration. I'll take her out for lunch or perhaps afternoon tea as it's Easter and she can't work all of it can she?

FTM glad Annie is being looked after properly and am waiting for 7th April with excitement. Poor Simon, it must be so difficult facing the unknown with the thought that the treatment might be an amputation, poor lad, thank goodness he has you and Sam and the girls to keep him buoyant. Sopunds as though you've been a very busy bee and wonderful news about Fionnas check being OK too. Have yourselves a break over Easter, glad the tots are enjoying making the biscuits and chocky eggs and bunnies, Lyn xxx.
  • Hello everyone. Just popping in while I can as am having a lot of problems with internet.:mad:
    Candlelight, the arthritis did let up for a while but naturally I overdid it trying to catch up. That and the nasty freezing weather we've had this week has me housebound again.:mad: As you say the cold goes straight thru.
    My consultant has referred me to the 'Falls Clinic' at our local hospital as I fall over so easily these days and he is concerned.
    Have been trying to set up a few herbs and salad veg in pots on my tiny balcony but cold weather has scuppered that for a while as well - it was sleet mixed with hailstones this afternoon.:eek: So this room (that I laughingly call 'my study') now has a green ground cover.:rotfl:
    Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do, Do without.
  • flowertotmum
    flowertotmum Posts: 1,043 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Hello all..

Wow its so good to be at home again..pottering around and baking..Annie rang and is experiencing mini contractions..they have given her something to stop them and she is bed bound totally..the girls little heartbeats keeping speeding up and the slowing right down..the doctors have warned Annie if it carries on for more than a day they will deliver the twins earlier..she has her fingers crossed that it settles down.

AOT..o so sorry you keep falling over ,is it to do with your balance? Hopefully this awful weather will be over soon..my cressheads in the kitchen window died..

Well now i can put my feet up a little..i have caught up with all the housework and little jobs..i made some carpet freshner with bicarb of soda and essential oil..smells lovely. I also made some of my own cleaning cloths..i cut some of the girls old vests into squares,,pop them in a bowl with 2 cups of very hot water..added a tablespoon of olive oil and then 10-20 drops of essential oil..put the cloths in and let them soak for 10 minutes..drain them and then wring them out..pop over clothes horse to dry..lovely scented dusters..the oil helps to polish and pick up dirt..easy to re-do as well..keep them in lidded jar..i love cleaning with them..o and an air freshener..it only works in small rooms so the loo and bathroom have them..a nice little bowl with bicarb of soda in it halfway up is best..just add your favourite essential oil..give it a shake and it smells lovely..i just re-shake mine everyday when i go in the rooms..

I have done a huge shop on the internet..bulky and heavy things only,flours,tins,margerine the big tubs that are 2kg..rice,sugars,loo-rolls,kitchen rolls and fabric conditioner..it was delivered this morning..we are all stocked up now..

I have made some more choclate bunnies and eggs plus a lovely Apple and Cinnamon cake..does anyone know if i can freeze it..i have got lots of cooking apples..Simon picked up the wrong bag when shopping so no eaters just cookers..if i can freeze i will make a few more..

MLW..o i bet Ezra looks so grown up now..O poor Nell she works so hard..i hope she likes the card Fern sent her..did you get the parcel yet? Give Nell big hugs from us. Simon is ok..he just worries so much about us and not himself..he works himself into a knot..i have told him no matter what we are here and can get through whatever life throws at us..

Right got to go..we are having Lamb chops for tea with all the trimmings..
    love to you all
    ftm
    Be who you are, not what the world expects you to be..:smileyhea

:jDebt free and loving it.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 1 April 2015 at 5:00PM
    Hi FTM my lovely surprise parcel arrived this afternoon and was here when Nell and I got back from walking the Dockling and was just THE BEST!!!!! We so love the homemade cards and my Tagxedo is amazing, I've never seen one before and I'm going to frame it and have it on the wall in the lounge just by my chair I think it's FAB!!! and the brooch is already on my favourite gilet and looks $1,000,000!!! Thank you all so very much for so many lovely things and I love love love the bitses for Zebra who will love them too, you are all SO KIND and it's so special getting lovely things that are made with love, bless all of you, I'ze cryin!!!!!
  • scottishminnie
    scottishminnie Posts: 3,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    My goodness. It's almost two weeks since I last managed enough time to post anything. This work nonsense really gets in the way of my other activities:D

I've had a couple of business trips and I'm managing a fairly fraught project into its final stages at the moment so I seem to be working 12 hour days and most weekends. It won't be for ever though, there's light at the end of the tunnel - as long as it's not an express train heading for me I'll be fine!

I also have bathroom fitters in replacing the main bathroom. We're on day 6 and they can't be gone soon enough. Lovely guys (same ones as the en suite) but the dust is everywhere, even now that they are onto fitting the new stuff and I just want it to be finished. At least they are working tomorrow so there should be more progress.

FTM, Fern and Iris- thank you so much for the card. It's lovely, when it arrived I popped it in my handbag and it was there next day when I arrived in London so I had it on display in my hotel room to cheer me up and now it's back home, next to the Easter bunny I have in the den.

I'm so looking forward to a long weekend although there is so much to do. I treated myself to some staging for my greenhouse and am hoping hubby will help me build it. It looks like a giant meccano set. I also bought myself an electric windowsill propogater so I can get some things started. It's been so cold here I haven't got anything started off yet. I only have a handful of daffodils out although I do notice the grass is growing and will need mown soon.
    I do have all my seeds ready and I'm raring to go, just need some warmth!

We had some fund raising at work this week, so in addition to the stupid hours I'm working I offed to make truffles. I never do things my halves though so on Sunday I had 5 different flavours of truffles on the go. What a mess I got into, I had cocoa powder everywhere. If anyone knows a no mess way of shaping truffles I'd like to know:D even the melon baller wasn't helping much!

So I'm off to bed now, hoping for dry weather tomorrow and even more hopeful I can return over the weekend with a progress update!
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • :easter_os HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE

Not much like Easter here today, it has rained all day and is still raining.

FTM any babies yet? I am saying a little prayer for a safe delivery.

AOT I am sorry you are having falls. Could it be an ear infection, or does your mediction need adjusting. Just be very careful, us ladies of a certain age don't want to break hips or the like.

SM you have been really busy by the sounds of it, have all the interlopers moved to pastures new now?

Hoglet, how are you, I know you said you were going to be really busy this week. Have you had chance to see another property yet?

Off to the hairdresser tomorrow, and Himself will have his cut as well.

I may have the grandchildren for a roast dinner over Easter, but they haven't told me which day yet. I am all prepared so it doesn't really matter .

Lyn I hope you are enjoying your time with Nell and Pushkin, but also looking forward to coming home to He Who Knows and dearest Docky.

Have a lovely weekend all and I hope the weather improves.

Much love to you all

Candlelightx:easter:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family