Completely Crazy Clothes Challenge 2017

Comments

• Eltee12
    Eltee12 Posts: 768 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud!
    Hello

#11 reporting £54.60 spend on three dresses for work. Total now £198.49/£300

Roughly two thirds of budget spent two thirds of the way through the year - phew! Just need some trousers for work, then hopefully no more spends until Autumn.

El
    2018 AFD 23/240
    2018 CCC #11 £38.40/£250
    Mortgage-free since 2013

Debt-free since Nov 2017
  • somerandom
    somerandom Posts: 920 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Black layered top CS - £3.50. TShirt - Saltrock sale £10.00
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • Angela84
    Angela84 Posts: 398 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello! May I join in please?

I'm very frugal when it comes to clothes anyway, I've perfected my capsule wardrobe and can't stand spending money on new things when I think of how much is thrown away each year!
    I visit primark maybe 4 times a year for myself. My wardrobe I feel is full and will last me until 2018.
    I have 5 children who's clothes are either hand me downs or gifts. There's nothing they need except school shoes that nanny treats them to.

So, could you set me a target of £100 for me and 5 children? I'll know by the end of the year if that's stupidly unrealistic!
    LBM January 2017 £34k will have paid back finally by my DFD May 2021
    got my first store card on my 18th birthday, never known a life without the grey cloud of debt looming over me. 18yrs and the end is finally in sight 🤩
  • Welcome @Angela84 :)
  • Gorgeous magenta Hobbs long sleeved t shirt - £3
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,396 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Angela84 wrote: »
    Hello! May I join in please?

I'm very frugal when it comes to clothes anyway, I've perfected my capsule wardrobe and can't stand spending money on new things when I think of how much is thrown away each year!
    I visit primark maybe 4 times a year for myself. My wardrobe I feel is full and will last me until 2018.
    I have 5 children who's clothes are either hand me downs or gifts. There's nothing they need except school shoes that nanny treats them to.

So, could you set me a target of £100 for me and 5 children? I'll know by the end of the year if that's stupidly unrealistic!

Hi Angela, sorry I've only just seen your post. You are most welcome to join us. I've given you number 38 and added your £100 budget to the second post of this thread.

Good luck :)
  • somerandom
    Still spending .... a lovely Seasalt T shirt from ebay - £9.99 - I've ordered some other stuff that has yet to arrive so my total will be going up (& up...)
  • Eltee12
    Eltee12 Posts: 768 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 23 August 2017 at 10:47AM
    Eltee12 wrote: »
    Hello

#11 reporting £54.60 spend on three dresses for work. Total now £198.49/£300

Roughly two thirds of budget spent two thirds of the way through the year - phew! Just need some trousers for work, then hopefully no more spends until Autumn.

El

Got the trousers for work - were £19.50 but I had a £10 gift card, so total now £207.99/£300

El
    2018 AFD 23/240
    2018 CCC #11 £38.40/£250
    Mortgage-free since 2013

Debt-free since Nov 2017
  • Angela84
    Angela84 Posts: 398 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Have just broke the ice of my £100 budget with a bikini today from Asda in the sale for £6. Off on holiday in October and whilst I'm happy to accept hand me downs for any other items, i knew I'd have to buy a bikini New as was gonna be super fussy trying to find something I liked and to try and cover all my yucky wobble bits!

£6/£100.
    LBM January 2017 £34k will have paid back finally by my DFD May 2021
    got my first store card on my 18th birthday, never known a life without the grey cloud of debt looming over me. 18yrs and the end is finally in sight 🤩
  • somerandom
    Fat Face Skirt from eBay £11.99. Its identical to one I have already that I love but it is falling apart - literally needed to be sewn up & is quite visible.

I have managed to spend my entire years budget already. I'm just accepting that and I'm not going to attempt to avoid spending until the end of the year. I'm enjoying adding more colour to my wardrobe - I'm enjoying deep greens and pinks - I hadn't realised how much they suit my colouring.

I will carrying on posting because at least it makes me a bit more conscious of my spending - but will not attempt to stay within my budget because as I said - that would mean spending literally nothing until the end of the year & I don't want to do that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport