Negative feedback to buyer?

Is it possible to leave negative feedback to a buyer who doesn`t pay?
It doesn`t seem right that other sellers are not made aware of this behaviour

Comments

• pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    janeke wrote: »
    Is it possible to leave negative feedback to a buyer who doesn`t pay?
    It doesn`t seem right that other sellers are not made aware of this behaviour

You just open a non paying buyer dispute, and if they still don't pay they get a strike. This will then limit what they can bid on.

A neg on a buyer's profile is not helpful as you woukd constantly have to check the profile of every bidder on every item.

You only know who the winning bidder is AFTER the auction has finished.
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,190 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    ^^^^^ as above.

The non paying strikes are much more useful, I have all my accounts set to prevent anyone with 2 or more strikes in a year to be blocked from bidding. As 99% of my listings are BIN , buyers feedback, even negatives, are of no use to me at all.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,551 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Lots do it because sellers do not open non paying bidder disputes, are you going to open one?

If not then that buyer will be free to keep doing it. After a couple on non paying strikes (if you set your buyers prefs properly) wont be able to bid on quite a few auctions.

I think most on here will have buyers with NPB strikes blocked.

I always try to bid in person and with less than a minute to go. So it would be too late for you to check to see if i had negative feedback and then block me.

Dont be tempted to leave the buyer a negative comment under the positive feedback. Your likely to get a slap on the wrist.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• janeke
    janeke Posts: 100 Forumite
    Thanks everyone - Ebay has already opened a dispute - due up tomorrow - but I`ve contacted him a couple of times so I don`t think he will pay.
    I will check my preferences to make sure I am blocking non-payers
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    To be honest, I know people say the negative feedback isn't useful, but I've had cases where a non-bid strike isn't useful either. For example, like when the item you're selling is time sensitive, then you have to go through the case and I don't believe you can relist until that case is over?
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,190 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Stoke wrote: »
    To be honest, I know people say the negative feedback isn't useful, but I've had cases where a non-bid strike isn't useful either. For example, like when the item you're selling is time sensitive, then you have to go through the case and I don't believe you can relist until that case is over?

How would being able to leave a neg help in that scenario though?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,790 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 June 2017 at 11:36AM
    If everyone reported non paying bidders and had their settings to block those with strikes then it would make life difficult for people who buy and then don't pay or engage in any kind of communication.

I remember the bad old days when sellers could leave negative feedback. It made the whole feedback system void as you couldn't leave a negative for a seller as you were worried they would leave one for you.
  • ballisticbrian
    ballisticbrian Posts: 3,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I remember the bad old days when buyers could leave negative feedback.
    lol - I think you mean sellers.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,790 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    lol - I think you mean sellers.

Just testing to see if everyone is alert this Monday Morning ;)
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    soolin wrote: »
    How would being able to leave a neg help in that scenario though?

Might put someone off allowing them to bid on something time sensitive? Instead, this person effectively got away scot free and I was down about £50. Life I guess, but still not nice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure