TD Direct sold to Interactive Investor

Comments

• Sean473
    Sean473 Posts: 88 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    JohnRo wrote: »
    Talk about frying pan, fire. There are reasons to move to HL but fund charges is not one of them.

It's the trading prices... I've done an average of 10 trades the last 3 weeks...A flat trading fee doesn't work for me..
  • JohnRo
    JohnRo Posts: 2,887 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Yes I understand but you can do that for no cost and nearly half the HL annual percentage charge on funds at several annual percentage fee charging brokers.

HL are expensive, they're good but they're expensive, at least where fund charges are concerned.
    'We don't need to be smarter than the rest; we need to be more disciplined than the rest.' - WB
  • Sean473
    Sean473 Posts: 88 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    JohnRo wrote: »
    Yes I understand but you can do that for no cost and nearly half the HL annual percentage charge on funds at several annual percentage fee charging brokers.

HL are expensive, they're good but they're expensive, at least where fund charges are concerned.

You mean platform fees.. Fund charges wise, HL have negotiated discounts with several supermarkets... I'm not saying that they're the only option, there are others like Charles Stanley Direct etc too which would be good replacements...

For now, I have no intention of moving.. If I knew of this purchase before transferring to TD, would have gone elsewhere... Too late now..
  • cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,043 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    xylophone wrote: »
    That'll show 'em....:eek:
    I'm sure our own individual vote has zero bearing on the election but we all (sic) do it. Apathy is not an excuse.
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,201 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    cloud_dog wrote: »
    I'm sure our own individual vote has zero bearing on the election but we all (sic) do it. Apathy is not an excuse.

I think xylophone was drawing attention to your spelling, rather than your intention to move;)
  • cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,043 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    badger09 wrote: »
    I think xylophone was drawing attention to your spelling, rather than your intention to move;)
    Oh poo. My apologies to Xylophone :(
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,201 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    cloud_dog wrote: »
    Oh poo. My apologies to Xylophone :(

I'm sure xylophone wasn't expecting an apology.

I know how difficult it is for some canines to type accurately. We mustelidae have similar issues;)
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I'm sure xylophone wasn't expecting an apology.

Absolutely not!:)
  • Nerdlinger
    Nerdlinger Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    from TD website forwardslash customer-information?

"We believe that customers should be charged clear and fair prices based on how they invest. We will introduce a fixed fee per customer for our standard trading and investing services which will be held as a credit towards trade commissions for buying and selling. When that credit has been used we will charge a simple, low commission for each trade you place."

It might seem churlish to switch because of a £80pa fee on an infrequently traded £600k ISA share portfolio but I work out my annual allowance as being 1/40th of the value so £80 would be half a percent of my income. Goodbye TD and II.

I'm confident I can ignore IG's spreadbetting temptations and I can't find any better options unless anyone here can point to one.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Nerdlinger wrote: »
    from TD website forwardslash customer-information?

"We believe that customers should be charged clear and fair prices based on how they invest. We will introduce a fixed fee per customer for our standard trading and investing services which will be held as a credit towards trade commissions for buying and selling. When that credit has been used we will charge a simple, low commission for each trade you place."

It might seem churlish to switch because of a £80pa fee on an infrequently traded £600k ISA share portfolio but I work out my annual allowance as being 1/40th of the value so £80 would be half a percent of my income. Goodbye TD and II.

I'm confident I can ignore IG's spreadbetting temptations and I can't find any better options unless anyone here can point to one.
    And you can get £250 to transfer:
    https://www.ig.com/uk/investments/share-dealing/transfer-investments
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family